The Student Room Group

Unite North Lodge

Hey,
Im hopefully going down to London for uni in september and have put my deposit down for Unite North Lodge Accomodation, is anyone else going there? and does anyone know much about it?

Scroll to see replies

Hiya!
Just seen your post whilst doing some research myself about the place, basically it's brand new which is lush, but it's also next to Emily Bowes court (another student halls which my friends live in) which is really lovely. The area is alright and it's literally behind a tube station and bus station (god send!.) I'm pretty sure from when I've been there's a supermarket across the road or at least there is a retail park with i think Argos etc. Then there's tottenham hale hightstreet which apparently isn't the best but i'm sure is actually worth an explore!
Which room have you applied to stay in? Where are you coming from? :smile:
Just hit me up on Facebook if you want to know anything else that i might be able to answer about London or whatever. I think i'm going to book my room in the next few days. Seems too good an option not to!

Francesca x
Reply 2
I booked for emily bowes, which is just in front of North lodge. when ivisited it it seemed really nice. They were building a tesco express on the ground floor, and there was this huge shopping mall, with a lot of stores and fast foods just in front of it.
Reply 3
Ive booked room C in flat 602, I've got a viewing of the show flat on tuesday I cant wait, just wish they had more pictures of the place! Im coming from Worcester are you local to London then? the area seems alright, which Uni you going to? :smile:
Matt x
I'm going to look on Tuesday too! I've already been to Emily Bowes but I just want to check out the difference in rooms because I'm contemplating upgrading. More pictures would definitely be good but as i've mentioned i've had the advantage of friends living there so I have seen it already. I'm actually going into my second year, I'd originally arranged to live with my friend and then she let me down and everyone else we knew had already sorted out where they were living which was a bit of a bummer, however I don't mind halls because it's a great way to meet new people! I guess you aren't coming from too far away from London but it's a great change, I'm actually from near Manchester/Lancashire so i'm far from local :smile: I think i'm in B in 301 or something, can't really remember, unless I do upgrade and then that may change I'm not sure! I'm at London College of Fashion at the moment, which uni are you hoping to go to? x
Reply 5
What times your viewing? :smile: I'm hardly local but still not quite as far as you :smile: they said the only difference between the basic and classic in north lodge was whether you share with five or ten people, don't know if the rooms are much different, and I'm hopefully going to London met :smile: what's it like being a student in London?
x

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio
My viewing is at two I think, what about yours? Well I was hoping that the classic and basic rooms would be the same size but the classic would have a double bed and the basic a 3/4 which means more floor space which i kind of need in my course to do work so we'll see tomorrow I guess! Mine's currently a basic but the person on the phone put me in a flat on ten so that's cool. London met will be good fun :smile: Being a student in London is good, you can get everywhere and anywhere at all times of the day which I love so much. Price wise it isn't as bad as everyone says, if you go out in Mayfair obviously it'll cost you your arm, however if you go to say shoreditch or hoxton and these places drinks are about £4 which is the same kind of city centre prices you'd pay anywhere really. Then there's student nights every week and places like cheapskates where drinks are 99p so yeah it's good! Obviously it being London you can get anything you'd ever need to always close by. x
Reply 7
Mines at four, I can't wait! There seems so much to do :smile: are you staying with unite at the moment then? :smile: x

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio
Aw well I hope it lives up to your expectations! Nope, I'm staying with Sanctuary at the moment in Don Gratton, it's gross haha and the most unsociable place you could imagine so i'm definitely looking forward to moving out! What are you studying at university? X
Reply 9
Hopefully Unites more fun, I was slightly worried that it won't be as social being private halls but London met doesn't own any of its own :/ aviation management, what about you? :smile: x

I didn't know London Met didn't have any of it's own! Isn't it close to London met too, so I suppose a lot of people will be from there? I'm doing Fashion Design and development which is really fun :smile:! Did you like it when you went today? x
Reply 11
Im in the city campus so its a bit of travelling, hopefully there'll be a few :smile: I thought the room was really nice, better than i expected, take it the rooms quite similar to your friend's at Emily Bowes? x
Good good! Yeah pretty identical really but felt it was worth having a look. The guy seemed really nice too! (If he showed you around, otherwise you'll have no idea who i'm talking about) x
Reply 13
The guy who showed me round seemed pretty cool so probably :smile: Ive just looked at my online flatmates thing and I'm sharing with all second years looking to share with post-grads, do you reckon its worth asking to change to be with first years or doesn't it make much difference? :smile: x

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e
Erm, postgrads are in a whole unsociable world of their own (trust me, i live with one) and second years if there's two of them it would suggest they know one another, so they might be really sociable or take the attitude that they don't need to meet anyone else, could go either way! You could always ask to change if you want, if you ring them they're really helpful and they'll give you choice so you could ask them to live with first years. I think my flats currently empty and is one of the one's that ten people so I could always give you that number if you do decide to change. I don't really know why a second year would chose to live with a postgrad unless they are like 22/23 already and just started university late or doing a second degree or something. Just ring them and ask if I was you :smile: x
Reply 15
I think ill give them a call today then :smile: what flat are you in? :smile: x

Add me on Facebook and i'll private message it you. (If you search Francesca Rose Green it'll most likely come up) x
Reply 17
I booked for the FLAT 201 ROOM F North Lodge LONDON and i would like to know how's the area near that hall? I'm from Panama and i will be at London on september for a graduate program in law
Reply 18
ello everyone. went to see this place the other week (well emily bowes) but looked pretty good. think the area of Tottenham isn't great but as long as you don't go into the main road of Tottenham it should be fine. The accom is part of a student village so it's pretty safe!

I'm thinking of booking into flat 802, theres 3 second yrs there already so should be sweet. Anyone else living at/near this flat?

Would be good to meet people that are living here ! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by hg3
ello everyone. went to see this place the other week (well emily bowes) but looked pretty good. think the area of Tottenham isn't great but as long as you don't go into the main road of Tottenham it should be fine. The accom is part of a student village so it's pretty safe!

I'm thinking of booking into flat 802, theres 3 second yrs there already so should be sweet. Anyone else living at/near this flat?

Would be good to meet people that are living here ! :smile:

Are you booking in North lodge or emily bowes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending