The Student Room Group

AQA Food Technology GCSE - 3rd June 2013

Hi, is anyone else doing this exam?
How did you do in your coursework and what do you think will come up in the exam??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by CloUpsidedown
Hi, is anyone else doing this exam?
How did you do in your coursework and what do you think will come up in the exam??

Heyy :biggrin: I'm doing it too!!
I got 90/90 in my coursework which i was over the moon about :biggrin: and i'm not really sure what's going to come up yet-haven't done that much revision so far :rolleyes:
Have you started thinking about design ideas?? If so what are you going for??
How did you do in the coursework?? :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by LjWol
Heyy :biggrin: I'm doing it too!!
I got 90/90 in my coursework which i was over the moon about :biggrin: and i'm not really sure what's going to come up yet-haven't done that much revision so far :rolleyes:
Have you started thinking about design ideas?? If so what are you going for??
How did you do in the coursework?? :tongue:

Wow, well done!!
i got 87/90 which I'm happy with and in all of the mocks that I've done for the exam I've got around 105 - 110 /120 so I think I'll be ok for an A* hopefully!!

We've been given a pack of recipes by our teacher to look through and I'm going to make some this week hopefully to get the method stuck in my head! On a section A that my teacher made, I did ok however, I designed 2 sweet biscuits when the specification said a sweet or a savoury and miss said to make one sweet and one savoury if it comes up in the exam...

Revision wise, I havent done loads however I have the CGP revision guide and question booklet which I go through
I got an A* in the coursework which I'm so happy about because I spent a lot of time on it, so I really hope I can keep that grade up in the exam. I feel kind of nervous because I think I've somehow got worse at the subject.. I think I only need an A to get an A* overall though, so hopefully I can do that.

I've got some design ideas and recipes prepared for Section A so hopefully I'll do well at that. But one question: do we need to learn the exact weights of the ingredients in the designs?

Now I'm going to make some notes from the mark schemes because usually some questions are quite similar each year, and I don't want to miss out on easy marks which might seem like common sense but are things that I'd forget to write..
Reply 4
Original post by Dougieowner

do we need to learn the exact weights of the ingredients in the designs?

our teacher said they can ask you the weights but they haven't for a while so they may do... but it's good to the ratio perhaps if it's a simple recipe :smile:
Original post by CloUpsidedown
our teacher said they can ask you the weights but they haven't for a while so they may do... but it's good to the ratio perhaps if it's a simple recipe :smile:

Thank you :smile:

They might ask about the weights and maybe functions of ingredients, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

I'll be so glad once this is over. I'm not bad at Food Tech, I just find it a bit boring and don't like revising it.
Reply 6
Original post by Dougieowner
Thank you :smile:

They might ask about the weights and maybe functions of ingredients, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

I'll be so glad once this is over. I'm not bad at Food Tech, I just find it a bit boring and don't like revising it.

I revise more for other subjects but i find food tech quite straight forward and easy as i have quite a bit of theory based experience already but i revise enough if that makes sense :smile: I always make sure that i'm prepared
What are you learning for the recipes both sweet and savoury? My teacher gave us shortbread recipes that other biscuits can be developed from the same method. Has anybody got any ideas for what might come up on the Exam?:smile:
As the design brief is on biscuits, what questions do you think they could ask you throughout the paper to do with this?:smile: oh and dietary needs?
Reply 9
I am also taking this exam! :smile:

I've forgotten what mark I actually got in the coursework, but I know that I did get an A*, so I'm aiming for a B or higher in this exam to try and get an A altogether! :smile:

I'm going to learn 2 biscuit recipes, one sweet and one savoury and then in the exam, I will adapt my recipes to suit the specification...

For the design ideas for the biscuits, what do you write for them? That is one of the areas which I know is quite straightforward but I always miss marks for them, just because I don't spend enough time on that question! Is there certain things you have to put to gain marks?

Also what dietary needs are you learning? Our teacher says we should learn 2-3 in detail but have a bit of background knowledge on the other dietary needs.
Im learning lacto vegetarian, vegan, diabetes, lactose intolerant, ceoliac and Nut allergy:smile:
Original post by Chloe_Atherton
Im learning lacto vegetarian, vegan, diabetes, lactose intolerant, ceoliac and Nut allergy:smile:

Just be careful if you do vegetarian or vegan as ioice rather than a dietary need...
Some people in my class did vegetarian in a mock and the teacher gave them no marks ...

For the design question you need to sketch the product and annotate it thoroughly:b
Reply 12
I can't
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Bring myself
Reply 14
to...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Revvvvvise food :3
hi guys.. i was wondering i do food tech as well but im not sure if im doing exam like you guys next week?? im year 9
I got a A in my mock and A in my coursework. This exam actually ain;t that difficult if we have one like June 2012 it will be easy :smile:
What do you think the final question will be? Dietary needs? And if so what about Dietary needs? thanks:smile:
I think one question will have to refer to the dietary requirements for different religions like the june 2012 10 marks :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending