The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hmm, I think I enjoyed O&G as a specialty - but as a 5th year rotation it was a bit of a nightmare. We still have a 'deliveries requirement', so I had to be signed off as having done 4 normal deliveries by myself... & no normal deliveries seemed to happen whilst I was there.

So in the end all the joy was sucked from the experience as I became increasingly sleep deprived, depressed by not going home at the weekends (was a DGH) & panicked about needing to consolidate learning for the written exams whilst trying to get enough deliveries. :frown:
xDeleriusx
COULD ANYONE HELP ME WITH WORK EXPERIENCE? sorry about the caps!

get your own flaming work experience!
pisss off :P i neeed help god
Reply 63
xDeleriusx
pisss off :P i neeed help god

This is a totally random thread for you to ask for help though. Go and look for something more sensible and relevant.
Reply 64
I'm really enjoying Obstetrics. I thought it would be something i was interested in and i'm glad its followed through to the practical bit. It helps that its not overrun by students in Portsmouth (unlike Southampton) and that the midwifes are nice to us!

Shame the hours are so rubbish...It's in my top 3 of things i'd like to do though.
Reply 65
I've just got back from the RCOG Med Students and Young Doctors Evening... It was really good - I'm all fired up for O&G again!
no

Latest

Trending

Trending