The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bonged.
My mum is a geneologist and my dad is a historian.

Not that it matters whatsoever what my parents knew, I'll go on my own merit thanks rather than being a sponging moaner all my life.

Well you can't spell, it's "genealogist", so I think my point about you being stupid still stands. As I said, clever people make money so they aren't working class anymore. Being proud of it is stupid.
Reply 21
Reue
I think it was the:

"Im middle class. Im not working class cause I dont work"

which will make me disregard her views..

Ah missed that lol.
Reply 22
pugnacitas

'But I dun work.'

LMFAO

Reue
I think it was the:

"Im middle class. Im not working class cause I dont work"

which will make me disregard her views..

Indeed.
pugnacitas

"But I don't work"

Priceless
Reply 24
Mr Sparkles
Well you can't spell, it's "genealogist", so I think my point about you being stupid still stands. As I said, clever people make money so they aren't working class anymore. Being proud of it is stupid.

Erm... Teachers, nurses, policemen are all intelligent, but wouldn't be able to afford a fancy house on current wages. They are all stupid chav scum?
Mr Sparkles

I smell a troll. Capitalism isn't about being intelligent anyway, academics are some of the most intelligent people on Earth and they earn very little.
Reply 26
pugnacitas
I personally don't like chavs, like most people here.

I would hate rich chavs more because they're likely to be driving a range rover painted fluorescent green with orange tinted windows etc.

The amount of money they have isn't the issue.

So why post it in a thread titled "the working classes".
Bonged.
Erm... Teachers, nurses, policemen are all intelligent, but wouldn't be able to afford a fancy house on current wages. They are all stupid chav scum?

Lol teachers and nurses and policemen such as detectives aren't working class. Working class is defined as having jobs involving manual labour.
Sweet_Comrade
I smell a troll. Capitalism isn't about being intelligent anyway, academics are some of the most intelligent people on Earth and they earn very little.

But academics choose to be academics. They're intelligent and could presumably turn their hand to other careers if they so chose. Working class people have no education or skills which is why they do manual labour such as building etc. I.e. they do jobs where only a pulse and functioning limbs are required.
Reply 29
Mr Sparkles
Lol teachers and nurses and policemen such as detectives aren't working class. Working class is defined as having jobs involving manual labour.

You define class by amount of money earned. Teachers, nurses, policemen and academics are all obviously more intelligent than you but likely earn less per year than your daddy. Also , by your definition all people who aren't wealthy are delinquents. I can't remember the last time I saw Mr Hardy my philosophy lecturer robbing old grannies drunk on cider.
Mr Sparkles

No, blue collar is defined as working class performing manual labour... and you call yourself intelligent :rolleyes:
Mechokilla
Many do not strive to improve their standard of education even though the UK offers them subsidised education and extensive bursaries and none repayable loans.

Many are extrememly violent.

Many expect the tax payer to foot the bill for their income.

Many expect the tax payer to give them a free home.

Many have babies with no real way to pay for them or to raise them. Once again expecting the tax payer to give them the money.

Are you gonna provide any legitimate statistics or proof for your statements, or are you just a little bit resentful to the thugs in your presumably 'bad' school for stealing your lunch money and kicking you in the privates?
They talk in that stupid "Text language"

As someone has pointed out, they fail to better themselves, educationally and culturally.

They become parents at young age, leech of off the Government whilst damaging the economy and their offspring repeat the cycle.
pugnacitas

Rofl

'I don't work, therefore I'm middle class not working class'.
Reply 34
Mr Sparkles
But academics choose to be academics. They're intelligent and could presumably turn their hand to other careers if they so chose. Working class people have no education or skills which is why they do manual labour such as building etc. I.e. they do jobs where only a pulse and functioning limbs are required.

You do know that barely any "manual labour" exists in Britain anymore? Most jobs that earn an amount of money that you would believe qualifies someone as a violent delinquent are actually in services or administration.

We don't have mines to go down anymore. We can no longer toil at your pleasure. Soz bout that.
Mr Sparkles

But Capitalism isn't about intelligence anyway. On one hand, you could say it’s about academic excellence, but that doesn't always equate to intelligence. It’s about having a good business sense and ruthlessness, amongst otherthings.
Bonged.
You define class by amount of money earned. Teachers, nurses, policemen and academics are all obviously more intelligent than you but likely earn less per year than your daddy. Also , by your definition all people who aren't wealthy are delinquents. I can't remember the last time I saw Mr Hardy my philosophy lecturer robbing old grannies drunk on cider.

No you don't. We're not living in America. You could have a poor Lord and he'd still be upper class.

No, that's not my definition at all, I said working class people are chavvy delinquents.
Reply 37
Mechokilla
Many do not strive to improve their standard of education even though the UK offers them subsidised education and extensive bursaries and none repayable loans.

Many are extrememly violent.

Many expect the tax payer to foot the bill for their income.

Many expect the tax payer to give them a free home.

Many have babies with no real way to pay for them or to raise them. Once again expecting the tax payer to give them the money.

I grew up in a working class area and they are not innocent just because they were born into a poor household, they should be held completely responsible for their actions.

And many don't.
Reply 38
King_Blumpkins

As someone has pointed out, they fail to better themselves, educationally and culturally.

They become parents at young age, leech of off the Government whilst damaging the economy and their offspring repeat the cycle.

:rolleyes:
Reply 39
King_Blumpkins

Hey guess what. "They" aren't a homogenous block. Within the working class there are actually individual people, all with their own perspectives and levels of intelligence.

You couldn't get away with generalising like that with any other community. And rightly so.

Latest

Trending

Trending