The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks babe. I got confused because anyway I did it the strengthshop logo was facing away from me lol

Original post by fridgefreezergirl
Put your thumb through the loop, stretch, and wrap. I then take my thumb out of the loop, but that's up to you. My PL fed doesn't allow thumb through loop so didn't bother with it.

If you haven't got a loop, just stretch and wrap round wrist.

Don't do it as tight as possible unless you're going for a max attempt, there's no need for it. Just wrap it snug, or fairly loose on lighter sets
Reply 921
Hi I have just started doing some weights and was wandering, I am doing Bicep Curls and Zottman Curls for my biceps and also pushups and also dumbell bench press for pecs.

I heard that I need a days rest in between to let my muscles recover. Since I am working on pecs and biceps, can I do pecs one day and biceps the next ? Or shall I do pecs and biceps all in one and have a full days rest in between ?
Original post by redbuthotter
I know I'm being retarded here, I got some wrists wraps today and have no idea hw to use em... (zues strength shop ones), can anyone enlighten me?

This is the best way IMO.

Original post by CB5
lolll so true but seriously, all the hot girls go to the unis such as northumbria/leeds/manchester etc coz of the nightlife. At LSE you will maybe get the odd one but most will be the un-attractive asian type that wear massive rucksacks and bright white adidas trainers with their shoe laces tied in a bow.

So how do fashionable people tie their laces? I didn't know there was any way other than a bow or double bow.
Jeez I've still got two weeks until I move in. Michael XYZ hope you have dat dere yellow fever in prep for LSE.
Bristol will probably have a bunch of rahs rejected by Oxbridge, so I don't know who's better off.
Reply 924
Original post by Rahane
Hi I have just started doing some weights and was wandering, I am doing Bicep Curls and Zottman Curls for my biceps and also pushups and also dumbell bench press for pecs.

I heard that I need a days rest in between to let my muscles recover. Since I am working on pecs and biceps, can I do pecs one day and biceps the next ? Or shall I do pecs and biceps all in one and have a full days rest in between ?

I'd try and space out your workouts by training..Oh I don't know, say;

Latissimus Dorsi
Trapezius
Anterior Deltoid
Lateral Deltoid
Posterior Deltoid
Rhomboids
Triceps
Quadriceps
Hamstrings
Gastrocnemius
Soleus
Tibialis Anterior
Erector Spinae
Gluteus Maximus
Rectus Abdominus
Obliques
Brachialis
20 muscles in the Forearm
Hip Flexors
Serratus Anterior

And numerous other smaller muscles.

If you do that, I am sure your biceps and pecs will be recovered in time for next workout.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by burningnun

So how do fashionable people tie their laces? I didn't know there was any way other than a bow or double bow.

do you undo it to do it tighter like in the video then? I can usually get it really tight just by stretching and wrapping, can't imagine it much tighter lol.

Also mine aren't very long ones, they're the short convict wrist wraps. work well though
Reply 926

LOL no girls I know still wear trainers unless they're doing sport, are Asian (as stated) or are incredibley chavvy...
Reply 927
My attempted cut during Ramadan was pretty awful, if anything I've put on more muscle and have got bigger which isn't what I wanted. :colonhash:

I might just stop weighlifting for a few weeks and just get on a strict diet and do loads of cardio. Ideally I didn't want to get weaker during my cut but I'm guessing that's inevitable? I've been weightlifting for 3 years and this is the first time I've been attempting to cut, which is why I'm so clueless. :colondollar:
Reply 928

When you are getting out of breath tying a wrist wrap, you know it is time to cut.
Reply 929
Original post by FluxD
I'd try and space out your workouts by training..Oh I don't know, say;

Latissimus Dorsi
Trapezius
Anterior Deltoid
Lateral Deltoid
Posterior Deltoid
Rhomboids
Triceps
Quadriceps
Hamstrings
Gastrocnemius
Soleus
Tibialis Anterior
Erector Spinae
Gluteus Maximus
Rectus Abdominus
Obliques
Brachialis
20 muscles in the Forearm
Hip Flexors
Serratus Anterior

And numerous other smaller muscles.

If you do that, I am sure your biceps and pecs will be recovered in time for next workout.

That was so funny I fell of my chair :curious:
Reply 930
Original post by Rahane
That was so funny I fell of my chair :curious:

Enjoy your amazing gains then bro.
Original post by FluxD
Enjoy your amazing gains then bro.

what are you on about?

he's fit. he probably does GPP at least twice a week

edit: wrong quote lol, the cut one I meant

do you undo it to do it tighter like in the video then? I can usually get it really tight just by stretching and wrapping, can't imagine it much tighter lol.

Also mine aren't very long ones, they're the short convict wrist wraps. work well though

I do it loose, then crank it like he does. I find this gives me more control over how tight it gets. It will probably also let you get it tighter. Since I don't bench equipped I never want it that tight. I also have shorter wraps.

Original post by CB5
LOL no girls I know still wear trainers unless they're doing sport, are Asian (as stated) or are incredibley chavvy...

Oh right, didn't realise you were talking about girls' fashion. I never look at their shoes so disregard me. Edit - actually I'm still curious about how else anyone would tie shoe laces.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 933

Oh right, didn't realise you were talking about girls' fashion. I never look at their shoes so disregard me.

We all know fashionable males only wear toms so have no need to tie their laces.
^^ I'll give it a whirl
Reply 935
Original post by CB5
We all know fashionable males only wear toms so have no need to tie their laces.

Vomit.
I don't even know what Toms are and the page is loading too slow for how much I care. This is why I like the women's thread, they don't talk about gay **** like fashion in there.
fashionable males wear ironworks.

gym now lads. going to try and squat 82.5kg today.. wish me luck
Reply 938
I don't even know what Toms are and the page is loading too slow for how much I care. This is why I like the women's thread, they don't talk about gay **** like fashion in there.

Toms are those revolting shoes you see everyone wearing that look like slippers.

Com brah, even though he is fit everytime I hear big blokes like that speak they sound as if they are gasping for air. Probably just because their lungs are swole.
Original post by FluxD

Original post by FluxD
Toms are those revolting shoes you see everyone wearing that look like slippers.

Apparently I don't look at guys' shoes either.

Latest