The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
When people have gone to their UCAS days how did they get there? I'm planning to take public transport but it's all a bit confusing with there being a choice of stations and a wide range of buses to get etc. Looking for some advice!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Onique

Have you had an offer yet?
Reply 982
Original post by FristyKino
Have you had an offer yet?

Yeh ^^ I got it a few weeks ago c:
Reply 983
I'm local and I'd say that although Canterbury West Station is closer to the uni, it's easier to make/find the bus connection if you can travel to Canterbury East Station. From Canterbury East I'd imagine you get directed to the bus station, but I'm pretty sure the university bus stops on the ring road outside a used cars sales garage, which is en route and less than half way between the bus and railway stations. Also, if you travel all the way to the bus station, you need to use an under pass to cross the ring road, which is a pain.
Reply 984
Original post by Rosi.
When people have gone to their UCAS days how did they get there? I'm planning to take public transport but it's all a bit confusing with there being a choice of stations and a wide range of buses to get etc. Looking for some advice!

Original post by grazie
I'm local and I'd say that although Canterbury West Station is closer to the uni, it's easier to make/find the bus connection if you can travel to Canterbury East Station. From Canterbury East I'd imagine you get directed to the bus station, but I'm pretty sure the university bus stops on the ring road outside a used cars sales garage, which is en route and less than half way between the bus and railway stations. Also, if you travel all the way to the bus station, you need to use an under pass to cross the ring road, which is a pain.

There you go c:
En route to kent!!
I thought I saw tours going round campus earlier :holmes:
Reply 987
Original post by champagne supernova
i thought i saw tours going round campus earlier :holmes:

applicant invasion!! C:
Original post by skipp
Parkwood flats are very similar to Tyler A, but in some ways they're nicer (the windows are certainly bigger :giggle:) nice modern building, ensuite, the kitchens are big, there's a laundry in the building so you wouldn't need to go to the one near the parkwood shop, definitely worth considering :yep:

Is Tyler A the old or the new one? I saw the new ones and they were incredible.

What are your thoughts as to which area is best to live in? On campus or in park wood?
I'm applying for Physics, and have Conditional offer! Going to see on March 5th, if I like it more than Swansea it'll be my firm...
Just got a rejection for Classical and Archaeological Studies ... gutted!!
Reply 991
Original post by TimKisFreitas
I'm applying for Physics, and have Conditional offer! Going to see on March 5th, if I like it more than Swansea it'll be my firm...

Congrats c:
you'll like it... it's so prettyyy O_O but I haven't seen swansea so.... ><

Original post by Magic8BallKR
Just got a rejection for Classical and Archaeological Studies ... gutted!!

Hi, where else have you applied? Heard from any of those? And have you got feedback as to whyy?
Hi, where else have you applied? Heard from any of those? And have you got feedback as to whyy?

I've applied to KCL, Exeter, Royal Holloway and Durham too.

Had a rejection from Durham as well ... haven't heard back from the others. I only got the track update email tonight so haven't heard anything from either Uni yet.

I'm really starting to panic now :/
I'm getting really put off with Kent on how awful they are with handling offers. I really don't careee about an interview day or tour of the campus, just give me an offer or rejection. I'm really not willing to spend hundreds and travel up to 5000 miles for a tour of the campus and interview lol...
Reply 994
Original post by Magic8BallKR
I've applied to KCL, Exeter, Royal Holloway and Durham too.

Had a rejection from Durham as well ... haven't heard back from the others. I only got the track update email tonight so haven't heard anything from either Uni yet.

I'm really starting to panic now :/

Pretty good uni's there c: You'll be fine.

Original post by ifstatement
I'm getting really put off with Kent on how awful they are with handling offers. I really don't careee about an interview day or tour of the campus, just give me an offer or rejection. I'm really not willing to spend hundreds and travel up to 5000 miles for a tour of the campus and interview lol...

Have you contacted them? Surely they'll make allowances for internationals...
What did people make of the university the other day? :h:
Original post by Onique

Have you contacted them? Surely they'll make allowances for internationals...

I'm not an international student though. Also I have done and contacted them so they decided to give me a reponse without an open day or interview since they understood from my case it would be quite impossible in my scenario. That's another 2 months waiting. I've already got unconditional from pretty much every other university, ironically nothing from Kent yet which I want to hear.
Reply 997
Original post by ifstatement
I'm not an international student though. Also I have done and contacted them so they decided to give me a reponse without an open day or interview since they understood from my case it would be quite impossible in my scenario. That's another 2 months waiting. I've already got unconditional from pretty much every other university, ironically nothing from Kent yet which I want to hear.

Just hold out c: You'll here from them soon ^^
Got my unconditional offer today - so happy :smile:

I have 3 uncoditionals to choose from :cool: (Kent, Keele and hertfordshire)

Should this be a very easy decision for me?? I really wanna see Keele before I make that decision - but cant go there until march.

Goodluck to everyone else with their offers :smile:
i've put kent as my insurance and submitted it

Quick Reply

Latest