The Student Room Group

What can we assume the grade boundaries for the Maths Higher tier exam?

I think I got 50 on the non calculator and 60 on the Calculator paper
based on the results people have posted what can we assume the Grade boundaries will be for both tests?
How did everyone else do on the test today?
Reply 1
is 65 marks on the non calculator and 85 marks round bank me an A?
Reply 2
so you think you got 150, i would say based on last years results that that could well be an A*, dont take my word though
Reply 3
I believe grade boundaries are made after every single paper been marked and to see if people have done bad or not then the grade boundaries are made, sorry for my poor English.

No one knows the grade boundaries just wait two month and you have your results.
Reply 4
Between 60 and 68 would be my guess.
Reply 5
i got all the questions on the calculator ones right and about 50 on the non calculator. Our school made me resit even though i got an A overall but last time i done crap in the exam but no i have done well better.
Looking at both papers my prediction for A* is likely to be 175 - 180.:wink:
Reply 7
The grade boundaries are likely to be around 120-124 for an 'A' and from 160-164 for an A*
Reply 8
How much for a C?
Original post by Jackb1234
The grade boundaries are likely to be around 120-124 for an 'A' and from 160-164 for an A*

That looks a bit too low. November 2011 was only 160 because the paper was very hard but if it is 160-164 that would be amazing! But still think its 180 for A*.
I heard that results for linear maths comes out in April, am I correct?
Original post by jgdestroyer95
That looks a bit too low. November 2011 was only 160 because the paper was very hard but if it is 160-164 that would be amazing! But still think its 180 for A*.

180!?! No don't say that that is like 90% it's too high.
Reply 12
I got 19 on non cal, and on calcl 40 i think i failed, i only need C

Quick Reply

Latest