Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by warpsinski
I firmed King's College for Biomedical.
UCAS stated that the entry date is on 1st of September..
I'm an international student. So does this mean that I have to be there by 1 September?
But the registration date stated in the Kings website is 17Sept..

You don't start on the 1st of September :smile: As you are international student i do believe you come 2 week early/1 week early then your home counterparts this is so you can meet other international students. However you are correct you don't have to be at university until you register which for most students is around the following week once you move in. :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 321
Original post by AceS4
did any of you found any pics of the rooms in the halls? I can only find one or two... I want to see more...I can't decide. I was thinking about living in the private sector but I am not sure it's worth it... I would prefer to live in KCL accom.

Which accommodation you looking at? :smile: i might be able to get you some photos...
Reply 322
Original post by AceS4
do any of you some private accom. next to a tube station?

You probably won't find any useful information on this forum. However you might be lucky you should ask this question on the accommodation thread. :smile:
Im studying at the strand, which accom are other people applying for? i was in stamford st for a month last year and didnt like it, although it was v v close to the campus.
Reply 324
Original post by maxcartwright
Im studying at the strand, which accom are other people applying for? i was in stamford st for a month last year and didnt like it, although it was v v close to the campus.

I'm thinking about putting down Great Dover Street or Stamford Street, why didn't you like it there?
Reply 325
Original post by Katie-27
I'm thinking about putting down Great Dover Street or Stamford Street, why didn't you like it there?

People say it feels like living in second world country. However the fact you can walk to lectures from SS makes up for it.

It's very claustrophobic, rooms are small and all flats have so many locks its hard to just wonder around and chat to people. Also, fire alarms all the time, water/Internet goes off. But it's so close to the strand that it kind of makes up for it. This time I want to be a bit more comfortable so i think I'm putting great Dover as well all though you have to share a shower with people. That's the one on lambeth road right?
Reply 327
i was thinking about great dover street as well....now I am looking at Nido...more expensive and far away, but....I want to firm KCL but I cannot bring myself to, mainly because of the accom. It is really worth receiving a "londonese"
( not sure the word really exists... I apologize )edu?
Reply 328
Original post by maxcartwright
It's very claustrophobic, rooms are small and all flats have so many locks its hard to just wonder around and chat to people. Also, fire alarms all the time, water/Internet goes off. But it's so close to the strand that it kind of makes up for it. This time I want to be a bit more comfortable so i think I'm putting great Dover as well all though you have to share a shower with people. That's the one on lambeth road right?

That's unfortunate as it's such a good location. No it's on Great Dover Street I think, the one on Lambeth road is Brian creamer house which I'm also considering. Why did you only stay there for a month?
That's unfortunate as it's such a good location. No it's on Great Dover Street I think, the one on Lambeth road is Brian creamer house which I'm also considering. Why did you only stay there for a month?

Ahhh yes Brian creamer is the one i want this time I think. I dropped out
After a month due to health reasons and now I'm headed back (I think) to do war studies. I'm trying to decide between Durham and kcl
what are people who aren't guaranteed accom doing? just applying and hoping for the best?
Reply 331
Lillian Penson Hall photos anyone?
Reply 332
never mind...it's for postgrad :frown:(
Reply 333
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
what are people who aren't guaranteed accom doing? just applying and hoping for the best?

I am applying anyway I think :smile: I've spoken to people who live near me who go to King's now and they got accommodation.

If I don't get it, I'll just live at home for the first year and then move out in the second into private accomodation :smile:

This is me :frown:
I'm not applying for accommodation, I will be living at home. I hope I just don't miss out as a result :frown:
Original post by Olive12
I am applying anyway I think :smile: I've spoken to people who live near me who go to King's now and they got accommodation.

If I don't get it, I'll just live at home for the first year and then move out in the second into private accomodation :smile:

what zone do you live in? i'm in zone 5, hoping that's far out enough...
Reply 336
what zone do you live in? i'm in zone 5, hoping that's far out enough...

I'm zone 5 too. Yeah, hopefully it will work out! :redface:
Reply 337
When they allocate the accommodation, is it a random procedure or do they consider your course/which campus you'd be studying at? For example I'm hoping to study Dentistry which would be primarily at Guy's campus; would people studying there get priority for the accom near there (e.g. Wolfson/Great Dover Street)?

Thanks for any responses
Just firmed PIE!
Hello anyone!
I'm going to firm King's for philosophy and I was wondering if any of you knew when the lectures timetable will be updated for 2012/2013. I know it's really really early but I need to plan things carefully as I will need to work during my studies and I wanted to start talking with my manager about setting particular shifts. So I wanted to know if anyone knows more about it, if they usually update it last minute or maybe during the summer, so that I know when I'll need to have this talk... :smile:

I also wanted to ask about the registration week: can I chose whatever day I want to go in and register? or I have to attend a particular one?
What is exactly the induction week? And when does the teaching start?

Quick Reply

Latest