The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship before University?Good idea?

Hello!

So, I was thinking of doing a Media Apprenticeship before going off to university (so technically I'd take a gap year). The apprenticeship gives 'all the skills and knowledge needed for a Creative and Digital Media Apprenticeship Level 3.' and it pays £11k for the year.

Then, after doing that (and probably/hopefully attaining the Level 3) I would go off to University of York to study film. (I need AAB and so far I'm predicted AAC so I gotta pick up my game). Was just wondering if doing the apprenticeship before university is a good idea or silly? I would also have money saved for uni and whatnot.

Opinions? Thanks and sorry if there's typos/doesn't make sense, It's early and I'm ill. Thanks again!

Oh btw, I'm in Year 12 atm and I do.. Media Studies, Psychology and English Lit (considering to pick up another A level in Year 13?)
Reply 1
Original post by Agata
Hello!

So, I was thinking of doing a Media Apprenticeship before going off to university (so technically I'd take a gap year). The apprenticeship gives 'all the skills and knowledge needed for a Creative and Digital Media Apprenticeship Level 3.' and it pays £11k for the year.

Then, after doing that (and probably/hopefully attaining the Level 3) I would go off to University of York to study film. (I need AAB and so far I'm predicted AAC so I gotta pick up my game). Was just wondering if doing the apprenticeship before university is a good idea or silly? I would also have money saved for uni and whatnot.

Opinions? Thanks and sorry if there's typos/doesn't make sense, It's early and I'm ill. Thanks again!

Oh btw, I'm in Year 12 atm and I do.. Media Studies, Psychology and English Lit (considering to pick up another A level in Year 13?)

I think that sounds pretty good- You would have practical experience and a bit of money! Go for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending