The Student Room Group

Is a remark worth it?

ok basically for my gsce's i was always 1 mark away from the high grade

history - 1 mark off a b
maths - 4 marks off a b
english lit - a few marks off a b
eng lan - a few marks off a b

so yeah as you can see i'm an unlucky guy :frown: also do which one do you i should get remarked and which is the most realistic btw i have the money to pay for it as it comes from my personal savings
:frown:

oh yeah i was also one mark off a b for sci additional, if i retake one sci exam and get one mark higher than the previous exam will it go up?
Reply 1
Original post by efyhsdhsdf
ok basically for my gsce's i was always 1 mark away from the high grade

history - 1 mark off a b
maths - 4 marks off a b
english lit - a few marks off a b
eng lan - a few marks off a b

so yeah as you can see i'm an unlucky guy :frown: also do which one do you i should get remarked and which is the most realistic btw i have the money to pay for it as it comes from my personal savings
:frown:

oh yeah i was also one mark off a b for sci additional, if i retake one sci exam and get one mark higher than the previous exam will it go up?

Which exam season are you talking about? Re-marks can only be requested for about 6 weeks after the results come out. The only results you can currently get re-marked are the March GCSE results which came out today.

Yes, you can just re-sit 1 science exam and if you do one better on the re-sit you would get a b.
Reply 2
Remarks are definitely worth it. I was one mark away from an A* in my spanish and latin gcses, requested a remark and they both went up :smile:
Obviously the most realistic for you is history, i would definitely get it remarked if I were you. Not so sure about the others... I was 4 marks away from an A* in my history and decided against it, but I kinda regret it now. Depends on how much of a gambler you are and how badly you want that higher grade!
might as well! worse case scenario you drop a grade but this is unlikely if you are close to the upper boundary.
Reply 4
Original post by Data
Which exam season are you talking about? Re-marks can only be requested for about 6 weeks after the results come out. The only results you can currently get re-marked are the March GCSE results which came out today.

Yes, you can just re-sit 1 science exam and if you do one better on the re-sit you would get a b.

i took the 2011 gcse's, can i still get a remark?
Reply 5

Which exam board did you do for the science. Are you on about the new spec science?
Reply 6

No, the deadline for last summer was 20 September 2011.
You've missed the deadline.
Reply 8
Remark the history and maths and english language if you can!
Reply 9
Original post by zed963
Which exam board did you do for the science. Are you on about the new spec science?

the old spec?
Reply 10
Original post by Data
No, the deadline for last summer was 20 September 2011.

so that means i can never get it remarked? not even next yr?
Reply 11
Original post by zed963

ocr old spec
Reply 12
so that means i can never get it remarked? not even next yr?

Never. The papers will have long since been shredded.
Reply 13
In one of my history papers I was one mark off an A* and I really regret not getting it remarked now but overall I can hopefully make up for it.

If you've still got time and your only a few marks away then you should go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest