The Student Room Group

Dentistry Newcastle 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Ayshizzle

That is fascinating! How are you finding it? I know it's probably nothing like it, but I love the TV show Bones lol.

Unfortunately we don't, as they don't have enough bodies for medics and dentists, so they give them to the medics instead.

It's pretty much all pro- section, the quality of them is pretty good though as a lot of them are done so the various layers are reflected and you can see the relationships of the various structures.

If you've come from an anatomy background you'll love it up here then, we do loads of it!

Yeah, its really tough at the moment, my dissertation is due next Friday and I'm trying to do statistics at the moment :frown: Absolute nightmare.
Apart from that it is really good, however, sometimes I have to have a very strong stomach. Learning about the decomposition process isn't exactly pretty. I do really enjoy learning about it all though.

Cool, well, yeah, pro-sections are equally as informative. Sounds good. Hopefully I get a place!
Reply 81

That is fascinating! How are you finding it? I know it's probably nothing like it, but I love the TV show Bones lol.

Unfortunately we don't, as they don't have enough bodies for medics and dentists, so they give them to the medics instead.

It's pretty much all pro- section, the quality of them is pretty good though as a lot of them are done so the various layers are reflected and you can see the relationships of the various structures.

If you've come from an anatomy background you'll love it up here then, we do loads of it!

p.s. Nothing like Bones hahaha. We get asked that kind of thing all the time. These shows make it look so glamourous haha.
Original post by apply2012
Yeah, its really tough at the moment, my dissertation is due next Friday and I'm trying to do statistics at the moment :frown: Absolute nightmare.
Apart from that it is really good, however, sometimes I have to have a very strong stomach. Learning about the decomposition process isn't exactly pretty. I do really enjoy learning about it all though.

Cool, well, yeah, pro-sections are equally as informative. Sounds good. Hopefully I get a place!

Ah good luck with your dissertation, I struggled awfully with mine last year- was glad to see the back of it!
That's good that you enjoy your course, I absolutely hated mine. Just out of interest, were you wanting to do dentistry from the start, or have you changed your mind whilst being at uni? If so, what changed your mind?

And good luck for tomorrow (although you won't need it), hopefully will see you next year!
Reply 83

Ah good luck with your dissertation, I struggled awfully with mine last year- was glad to see the back of it!
That's good that you enjoy your course, I absolutely hated mine. Just out of interest, were you wanting to do dentistry from the start, or have you changed your mind whilst being at uni? If so, what changed your mind?

And good luck for tomorrow (although you won't need it), hopefully will see you next year!

Well, I had thought about it originally, but I didn't think I was ready to take on the committment of patients etc, I had always been interested in forensic work, and I thought that I should take some time to go and see what other things are like before I decided. I think I am more mature now, and will probably interact better. That is my own opinion about myself though. I think doing Fo-An has only furthered my desire to be honest, and I've realised that I much prefer the interaction with living people (you don't tend to get much back really with what i'm doing at the moment).
Reply 84
Original post by A_L_Jackson-
hey michael, i was at that interview yesterday as well. I haven't heard anything either, so i dont know. She did say she would contacts us today if we were in, but who knows there could be lots of reasons she hasnt contacted us yet. - Alex

Hi Alex! I was wondering if anyone from Tuesday would be looking at this forum! I got an offer this morning!! :biggrin: how about you??
Well, I had thought about it originally, but I didn't think I was ready to take on the committment of patients etc, I had always been interested in forensic work, and I thought that I should take some time to go and see what other things are like before I decided. I think I am more mature now, and will probably interact better. That is my own opinion about myself though. I think doing Fo-An has only furthered my desire to be honest, and I've realised that I much prefer the interaction with living people (you don't tend to get much back really with what i'm doing at the moment).

Yeah it's a good way to do it. I had offers the first time round, but missed my grades. Looking back at it now I can't imagine how I could possibly think I was ready to take on that sort of responsibility! Obviously the majority of medical and dental students are school leavers and they are ready for it, but the struggle with this sort of responsibility can be seen in the number of dropouts during the clinical years.
Original post by Michael_10

Hi Alex! I was wondering if anyone from Tuesday would be looking at this forum! I got an offer this morning!! :biggrin: how about you??

IWoooo Tuesday interviewees, I'm Olivia from Tuesday!
Haha I got pooled this morning but I guess it's better than a rejection! I wonder who else on Tuesday got an offer/pool!
Reply 87
How does the pooling system work? i'm yet to here from Newcastle at all :frown: Has everyone been interviewed already?
Original post by Wilson01
How does the pooling system work? i'm yet to here from Newcastle at all :frown: Has everyone been interviewed already?

Those who have been pooled will hear at the end of all the interviews (in March).
Original post by charcharcharchar
Haha I got pooled this morning but I guess it's better than a rejection! I wonder who else on Tuesday got an offer/pool!

Hey :biggrin: i'm Lisa from Tuesday.. Yeah I got pooled too Olivia, quite glad in a way as I didn't think it went all that well but we'll see. Good luck with the rest of your application! :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by LisaBrocklesby
Hey :biggrin: i'm Lisa from Tuesday.. Yeah I got pooled too Olivia, quite glad in a way as I didn't think it went all that well but we'll see. Good luck with the rest of your application! :smile:

Hey pal! How'd your interview gooo?? I thought newcastle were easy on interviews and generally v.friendly?! xx
Reply 91
Original post by charcharcharchar

Hey pal! How'd your interview gooo?? I thought newcastle were easy on interviews and generally v.friendly?! xx

i too got an offer this morning very happy. haha yeh it looks like there were a few others watching the forum then :wink: Oh btw what is your surname, i tried to find everyone on fb but realises non of us swapped surnames
Reply 93
Original post by A_L_Jackson-
i too got an offer this morning very happy. haha yeh it looks like there were a few others watching the forum then :wink: Oh btw what is your surname, i tried to find everyone on fb but realises non of us swapped surnames

Yayayayayay! Well done! Good idea, it's Young :smile:
Reply 94
Hey, i got an offer this morning. I was interviewed on Friday
Is anyone who was interviewed this week still waiting to hear from Newcastle?xx
Reply 96
$np
OP
Hey, i got an offer this morning. I was interviewed on Friday

wellldonnnnnne :biggrin:
Reply 97

Original post by $np
wellldonnnnnne :biggrin:

thanks buddy, have you had an interview/been offered a place?
Reply 98
$np
OP
thanks buddy, have you had an interview/been offered a place?

i have indeed got an offer from newcastle, love it:smile:
Reply 99

Original post by $np
i have indeed got an offer from newcastle, love it:smile:

Congrats, thats fab. Well done!

Have you applied anywhere else?

Quick Reply

Latest