The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Nursing Sept 2014 - anyone heard anything?

Hi!
I sent of my application and it was recieved on the 20th of Nov, I've heard from all of them (three rejections and an interview) apart from BCU. Has anyone heard anything from them who's doing any nursing courses? I've applied for Childrens.
Dadeo

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dadeo
Hi!
I sent of my application and it was recieved on the 20th of Nov, I've heard from all of them (three rejections and an interview) apart from BCU. Has anyone heard anything from them who's doing any nursing courses? I've applied for Childrens.
Dadeo

Hi i sent of my ucas i november time aswell and i just got a reply today iv got a interview next month. Ring them up and ask them about your application
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Falak786
Hi i sent of my ucas i november time aswell and i just got a reply today iv got a interview next month. Ring them up and ask them about your application

Ah I can wait, I reckon they must be busy sorting through applications and stuff. I'm guessing I must be through stage 1 at least or i'd have been rejected by now, or at least I hope so! Good luck for your interview :smile:
Reply 3
Dont worry you will get in i had 4 rejection before i got this interview. It just takes alot if time for them to get back to you.
Reply 4
Yeah, i've had three rejections so far and an interview invite for Chester. Its weird, i've had 3 rejections for three different reasons. Just glad I have at least 1 interview, fingers crossed it will be two!
Reply 5
Has anyone got a interview on the 28th of February at BCU to study Adult Nursing or has anybody had a interview, im stressing so much about it x
Reply 6
My interview came through today! 7th of March! I'm so excited, I really want to go to BCU!
Reply 7
My interview is on the 4th feb!! Nervous as hell. Had one already at wolverhampton and been made an offer to start, but BCU is my 1st choice x
Reply 8
Original post by ginamxxx
My interview is on the 4th feb!! Nervous as hell. Had one already at wolverhampton and been made an offer to start, but BCU is my 1st choice x

Good luck for it :] BCU is my first choice too! I don't really understand the interview day thing though. Is the time your face to face interview at the one on the ucas letter or is that the time they want you to be there? Think i'll email them just to clear that up!
Reply 9
Original post by Dadeo
My interview came through today! 7th of March! I'm so excited, I really want to go to BCU!

I also have an interview for child nursing on this date at 12.30! so nervous!
Reply 10
Original post by nonxme
I also have an interview for child nursing on this date at 12.30! so nervous!

I'm sure we'll all be fine, its exciting though! I'm glad its a 1 to 1 panel interview rather than one of those group discussion ones. Got to do one of those for Chester. I'm guessing if we have the same time then thats the time we're meant to register rather than when our individual interviews are :]
Reply 11
Original post by Dadeo
I'm sure we'll all be fine, its exciting though! I'm glad its a 1 to 1 panel interview rather than one of those group discussion ones. Got to do one of those for Chester. I'm guessing if we have the same time then thats the time we're meant to register rather than when our individual interviews are :]

I had a group interview for Coventry and it was better than a 1 on 1, we need to be their for 12.30 maybe earlier. See you their!
Reply 12
I must have been in the first batch; I've had my interview and accepted my offer for Children's Nursing! If people want to know any specifics about how the interview day works I'm happy to share. They are absolutely LOVELY and that's what sold BCU to me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dadeo
Hi!
Dadeo

I'm still waiting :/. I applied mid-December, so hopefully I hear soon! How long did it take for them to get back to you in the end? Good luck!!
Reply 14
Original post by NancyHowell
I'm still waiting :/. I applied mid-December, so hopefully I hear soon! How long did it take for them to get back to you in the end? Good luck!!

Hey! Well it took them from the 20th of November to about the beginning of feb/end of Jan to hear from them. The fact that you haven't heard yet is a good sign! I think if you don't pass the first stage of application vetting then you get a rejection pretty quickly. :]
Original post by Dadeo
Hey! Well it took them from the 20th of November to about the beginning of feb/end of Jan to hear from them. The fact that you haven't heard yet is a good sign! I think if you don't pass the first stage of application vetting then you get a rejection pretty quickly. :]

I GOT AN INTERVIEW :biggrin:. Last Tuesday!! for the 31st March :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Raducan
I must have been in the first batch; I've had my interview and accepted my offer for Children's Nursing! If people want to know any specifics about how the interview day works I'm happy to share. They are absolutely LOVELY and that's what sold BCU to me.

Congratulations on your offer, I have an interview on the 28th of march for children's, im so scared as bcu is my first choice, any tips and advice would be really appreciated. What questions did they ask you ?
Reply 17
HI!

I've got an interview on the 25th of March for Children's Nursing!!!!

Was just wondering if anyone knows if I need to take an extra reference with me as this is a requirement at other unis!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Reply 18
Original post by Raducan

Hey, I have an interview for children's nursing on 7th April, any info you have about how the interview goes would be great? I know there's an English and numeracy test to start with, do they then interview you based on your personal statement? Pretty nervous about what to expect! Thanks in advance!
Reply 19
Hi guys! Well done on your interview offers! Massive tip, unless you want to be waiting around for HOURS you need to get there early. I got there at 12:20 and it was due to start 12:30, ended up last on the list, so last to get my documents checked and last to be interviewed. The day goes like this basically, you get there and they encourage you to talk amongst the group, the admissions tutor then does a little introductory talk and starts checking a few peoples documents. Its important you make sure you bring everything they ask, birth certificate, photo ID (make sure its in date as one girl turned up with only an out of date passport) and a passport sized photo for them to attach to your forms. You might have the chance to talk to a student ambassador, we had this guy who had not long finished and was waiting to start an RMN job. Got to ask him questions etc. Then they take you to an ICT suite where they talk you through the log in process on the computer, and through the tests too. As you do the tests you get your scores straight away and they ask you to write them down on a sheet too. If you don't pass the tests then you don't get to interview. You get given plenty of time so don't rush, I made two stupid mistakes in the maths tests because I was going too fast. Anyway, then as you finish you can go back to the first room to wait for document checks and interviews. The whole day is really relaxed. Not going to tell you the questions, as they ask everyone the same questions and it would be massively unfair to everyone who's already had their interviews. After your face to face interview, you then go for the next part, the iPad thing. You basically get 3 questions from 'service users' and have to record your response. You are going to feel stupid doing it and what you say may not sound right but you just have to go with it. After that, you fill out a quick questionnaire then you're on your way. I know its hard but try not to be nervous, they are all lovely and have a chat with the admissions lady, if its Sue, she's really nice!
Good luck :]
By the way, they only have 51 places left for September everyone thats left has to wait to hear at the very latest by Easter and they will be offering places for the January start too. Don't let it put you off though, if you start in January, you're always guaranteed Christmas off!

Quick Reply

Latest