The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Online registration : Student Support Number (SSN)

Hey guys, just wanted to know on the online registration pages- what does it mean by Student Support Number (SSN)". It's from the student loans company and you have to make sure you enter it correctly, otherwise payments may be delayed!? Is it your ART ID?

thanks in advance x

Scroll to see replies

jt33th
Hey guys, just wanted to know on the online registration pages- what does it mean by Student Support Number (SSN)". It's from the student loans company and you have to make sure you enter it correctly, otherwise payments may be delayed!? Is it your ART ID?

thanks in advance x

Check your paperwork from Student Finance Direct - on the Financial Notification letter it should have 'Student Support Number' written on it somewhere.

|| Sam x
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Your SSN is at the top of the Student Finance confirmation letter telling you how much you are getting and when.
Reply 3
Yes, it wasn't on any of my financial letters so I just rang studentfinance and they were perfectly happy to tell me what mine was, do it!
Reply 4
do you ahve to do this?
Reply 5
SSH769
Check your paperwork from Student Finance Direct - on the Financial Notification letter it should have 'Student Support Number' written on it somewhere.

|| Sam x

Hey Sam, I haven't received anything apart from the inital letters stating my ART ID and password etc.

So when I receive the letters telling me what I am going to receive in terms of loans etc, this is when I will know unless I otherwise phone them up?

On the website, today my status changed to "approved" but in the table it says that the status of my student loans were "blocked"- is this something for me to worry about?

Thanks for your responses all :smile: x
Reply 6
If in doubt, call them up :wink:
x
Reply 7
jt33th
Hey Sam, I haven't received anything apart from the inital letters stating my ART ID and password etc.

So when I receive the letters telling me what I am going to receive in terms of loans etc, this is when I will know unless I otherwise phone them up?

On the website, today my status changed to "approved" but in the table it says that the status of my student loans were "blocked"- is this something for me to worry about?

Thanks for your responses all :smile: x

I've just received my Payment Schedule letter today (but that's through international post so it was sent about a week ago). Try giving them a ring and saying that you haven't had it - my SSN was at the top of it.
twbenin
do you ahve to do this?

I'd go with yes, as otherwise you may not get your student loan!
Reply 9
Heya I rung them up and the guy on the phone said I'll get it with my payments letter which should be soon. Thanks for all of your help everyone :smile: x
Is this the same as customer reference number?
Kid-Nit-Jimmy
Is this the same as customer reference number?

Nope, it has letters and numbers.

You will find it on your financial notification letter. I just went onto my online account and viewed it in my correspondence, it's easier than looking for the letter lol
It should start with SFDU if you are funded by Student Finance England.
I think I found it, mine starts with WCAR, as i'm funded by student finance Wales
At first I couldn't find my SSN, but I eventually found it on one of the documents with a barcode in the top left hand corner- the SSN was just underneath, unlabelled and very easy to miss. It might be like that for others too, where the SSN is only on that one sheet.
Reply 15
mad-cow-intuition
At first I couldn't find my SSN, but I eventually found it on one of the documents with a barcode in the top left hand corner- the SSN was just underneath, unlabelled and very easy to miss. It might be like that for others too, where the SSN is only on that one sheet.

Yes it's the tiniest thing ever....!
Reply 16
Sorry to hijack your thread, but just want to ask. We won't have a SSN if we haven't applied for a student loan/grant, right?
trademark
Sorry to hijack your thread, but just want to ask. We won't have a SSN if we haven't applied for a student loan/grant, right?

An SSN is only for those using a loan from Student Finance England, Wales, etc... to cover their tuition fees. In any case there is a "help" link on the registration page which should help you further. :smile:
Reply 18
There's nothing on the website that gives you the SSN. Phone student finance (the no is on the student fin website) and they'll tell you
Reply 19
mad-cow-intuition
An SSN is only for those using a loan from Student Finance England, Wales, etc... to cover their tuition fees. In any case there is a "help" link on the registration page which should help you further. :smile:

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending