The Student Room Group

SRA: Certificate of Completion of the Academic Stage of Legal Education

Hi,

I’ve found out that before commencing LPC in Sept. 2012, I have to apply to become a member of the SRA and obtain a Certificate of Completion of the Academic Stage of Legal Education.
It says that I should apply to SRA 6 months prior to commencing my LPC, and this deadline applies to : students who have character and suitability issues and plan to start the LPC after the September 2011 intake Could somebody please explain me what does it mean??
Below is a next deadline saying that deadline for receipt of completed application forms and fees from students who don't have character and suitability issues is one month prior to the commencement of the course.

I know it might be a silly question, but I am not a native speaker, and I am a bit confused, as I don’t want to miss the deadline.
I’ve looked at the application form and it asks for things like prior criminal offences etc.., which I don’t have it this what is meant by ‘character and suitability issues’ ?

Also, is ‘Certificate of Completion of the Academic Stage of Legal Education’ simply my diploma at university ?

Sorry for silly questions, but I have no one else to ask!
Reply 1
The former- This only applies to you if you have committed a criminal offence and this has been recorded, have CCJs, plagiarised and have been caught and so on. If you are clean then don't worry about applying by April 2012.

The latter- Yes, they mean your degree and I believe that this will be obtained by them once you have filled in the form.

Where are you from, by the way?
Reply 2
Thanks for letting me know!
I am from Serbia
Reply 3
No problem. Which uni did you go to?Where do you intend to do your LPC? I did my degree at Coventry University.
Reply 4
Kent, I haven't decided yet, I am thinking about Cambridge (BPP) or CoL Guilford, I still haven't accepted my offer.
Do you think that I have time to accept, even though the deadline has passed ? (they said that they still have spare places in the summer), but I am unsure whether it's a good decision to wait, since I am worried that somebody else could take my place? What's your take on it?
Reply 5
Original post by Josephine88
Kent, I haven't decided yet, I am thinking about Cambridge (BPP) or CoL Guilford, I still haven't accepted my offer.
Do you think that I have time to accept, even though the deadline has passed ? (they said that they still have spare places in the summer), but I am unsure whether it's a good decision to wait, since I am worried that somebody else could take my place? What's your take on it?

I wouldn't worry about it. There are people on here who got places a week after the courses started. If you have a big enough cheque, you will get a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending