The Student Room Group

Tricky Situation - Defferal Help Appreciated

Hi All,

Absolutely brand new to this site but I could really use some help.

So I dropped out of university at the beginning of this year. The plan was to take a gap year and reapply to start again September 2012. In that time, I started a year-long apprenticeship in IT.

I applied to 4 unis and got my replies back, and now it's time to choose what to do. All I know is that I want to go to Greenwich.

The problem is that my apprenticeship does not finish until the end of November. So would it be best to accept the offer to try and defer it till 2013? Or just reapply for 2013?

I also may get a full time job after completing this apprenticeship and so was also considering part-time learning.

Such a mess! But any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. (:
Reply 1
You need to meet your offer by August 31st whether you defer or not. As your results come out in November you will need to reapply as there is no way of fulfilling your current offers.
Reply 2
But I already have my A level results? My offers were unconditional. I probably should have mentioned that earlier, sorry.
Original post by tishxd
But I already have my A level results? My offers were unconditional. I probably should have mentioned that earlier, sorry.

If you have an offer that you know you want then you can just defer until 2013, yes. If it then turned out your company offered you a job or suggested part time learning, you'd be able to either drop out of the uni place completely or contact the university about studying part time from 2013.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending