The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
Welcome back West Ham I guess :colonhash:
Original post by Xotol
Well, yes, I appreciate that, but now it's time to get rid of the dead weight. It's a waste of money just letting them rot on the bench while earning £50k. That's why action needs to be taken now.

And lol if you think the likes of Squillaci had the potential to become 'good to great' players at Arsenal.

It's always hard to move players that aren't up to the standard of the team. You expect them to be and hence pay them the sufficient wages. Unfortunately, those wages seem astronomical to a team where those players deserve to be.

I don't think it's far-fetched to have thought that Squillaci was going to be a decent squad player. Obviously it didn't turn out like that.

Wenger would never buy a player that he thought wasn't good. Some of you act as though Wenger purposely buys bad players because they're cheap.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by In2deep

To be honest, I'd have preferred an away day at Blackpool if I was to go (for obvious reasons). Not to mention that the way they set up is perfect for Arsenal to dominate :colondollar:
Original post by In2deep

Don't worry Stoke have some friends now :rolleyes:
Blackpool penetrated West Ham pretty easily though, Matt Phillips wasted two glorious chances.
Reply 3025
Original post by Darth Vader 7
To be honest, I'd have preferred an away day at Blackpool if I was to go (for obvious reasons). Not to mention that the way they set up is perfect for Arsenal to dominate :colondollar:

I prefer West Ham by a mile 20 mins on a tube or 3+ hours travelling up there although Blackpool was good because mad Jens came back
Reply 3026
Munich all the way tonight. Wont be able to stand it if chelski win.
Original post by alexsong
I prefer West Ham by a mile 20 mins on a tube or 3+ hours travelling up there although Blackpool was good because mad Jens came back

Blackpool is such a better away day though. You got the whole beach factor and the attractions. East Ham is a ****hole in comparison lol. Blackpool is just a team that you expect to thrash, a bit like Wigan earlier on in the season.
Reply 3028
Watching a couple videos on YouTube of Kagawa, which obviously can be deceptive but I've watched a few Dortmund games this season too, and he is exactly the player we need.

He's pact, can beat a man, isn't afraid too shoot, is creative and can play on the wing if need be. Perfect for us. He shouldn't cost too much an is reportedly only on £25 k a week at Dortmund.

If man utd don't get him then wenger better! Just think of the shirt sales Arsene!
If munich don't score by the end of the 1st half, I think chelsea would go on to win.
Reply 3030
Robin has retweeted Nigel de jong. This is it, I just felt a small volcanic eruption though my chest, my heart is starting to break, love is turning to hate
Reply 3031
Original post by Zyyz
Robin has retweeted Nigel de jong. This is it, I just felt a small volcanic eruption though my chest, my heart is starting to break, love is turning to hate

Overreaction much?
Goodbye Sp*rs.
Reply 3033
Mixed emotions. But spurs, hahahahahahhahahahaha
Reply 3035
Thank God we made it third.

Tbh, happy for Drogba to win it. One of my favourite EPL players ever, and it's probably his last kick for Chelsea. Don't like Abromavich winning it though. :colonhash:

Spuds don't make it into the CL. Bale, Modrich, Adebayor will probably go. Not a bad days work.

And believe me, no one will give a **** about the 'first London team to win CL'. Our aim is the same as it always has been: win the CL.
Reply 3036
Looks like Spursday are back on the calendar then, now for some long and drawn out transfer sagas involving Bale and Modric please
If Chelsea win the CL I will buy everyone here an Arsenal season ticket.

I think I owe everyone here a season ticket.
We maybe losing RVP, but Spurs can say goodbye to Adebayor, Bale & Modric.
Reply 3039
ROFL.
Gtfo Spurs.
Chelsea just did the PL a favour.

Once a Gooner... always a Gooner!

Latest