The Student Room Group

Can't pay/send UCAS form!!

So,I've filled out everything I need to on my UCAS form and made sure that all the relevant sections are marked as complete but I still can't pay! It's the reference section that keeps coming up with an error message. Obviously, I'm not writing my own reference but it keeps saying that the area is not complete therefore I can't pay yet.

I thought that you had to pay first then the form automatically got sent to your school/college so THEY can fill the reference bit out?

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Reply 1
gooner1991
So,I've filled out everything I need to on my UCAS form and made sure that all the relevant sections are marked as complete but I still can't pay! It's the reference section that keeps coming up with an error message. Obviously, I'm not writing my own reference but it keeps saying that the area is not complete therefore I can't pay yet.

I thought that you had to pay first then the form automatically got sent to your school/college so THEY can fill the reference bit out?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

I'd suggest calling them. Did you accidentally apply as an individual, rather than through your school?
Reply 2
That is strange. When I completed my application I just paid for it, and it got sent to my school to do the reference.

Hmmm, are you sure you have enough money in your bank account?
Reply 3
When my friend tried to send hers it just came up with a load of numbers and an error message; just go to your Head of Sixthroom/UCAS dude and they'll get it sorted :P
Reply 4
What browser are you using? Also try applying at a different time and check that you have sufficient funds in your bank account (and that it is turned on to allow such transfers). Or go to school and ask the UCAS person for help.
Yeah you just need to go see your head of Sixth-form and (as someone said above) your UCAS 'dude'.
They will be able to sort it for you and you'll have it off in no tim :biggrin:
Good Luck with your offers =]
Reply 6
ADrummond
I'd suggest calling them. Did you accidentally apply as an individual, rather than through your school?

Ooo, that may be it. At the time I signed up for UCAS I wasnt at a college so applied as an individual. Do you know whether I can change that?
Reply 7
gooner1991
Ooo, that may be it. At the time I signed up for UCAS I wasnt at a college so applied as an individual. Do you know whether I can change that?

Call UCAS and they should right fix it up. :smile:
gooner1991

I think you would just have to apply again but this time through school?
Not sure.. Rather annoying if you've filled everything out!
Give UCAS a ring, they should be able to change it!
Reply 9
I did this and fixed it today. I registered independantly but you need to use your college/sixth form and get them to ring. You need your personal ID, your name and stuff and it'll be all good after that!

Latest

Trending

Trending