The Student Room Group

The Louis Theroux Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Coomans
I don't really like this guy.

He asks really annoying questions, e.g. there was this one bit where he was talking to a woman who had been shot twice with a gun and he asked her 'did it hurt?'

I like his documentaries, they are interesting. But you're right, his method of questioning can be a little weird. He seems to play dumb now and again. I suppose the innocence that that projects puts people at ease, and allows them to explain things in detail, but it just sounds a bit silly sometimes.
Reply 41
Sugar_Puff_Fairy
Hear hear!

Plus who knows. Louis Theroux might one day do a little documentary on his fans on the fantastic forum of TSR. :colondollar:

Morbo
I like his documentaries, they are interesting. But you're right, his method of questioning can be a little weird. He seems to play dumb now and again. I suppose the innocence that that projects puts people at ease, and allows them to explain things in detail, but it just sounds a bit silly sometimes.

I think his questioning is a unique way of doing it that, as you said, puts people at ease. I love it.
Reply 42
Love him. Seeing him in Johannesburg was... woah. Incredible. He asks a question and just stares at them until they answer. But he's not intimidating, just... geeky. You have to admire his bravery!
I think I prefer the first lot of Weird Weekends that he did though.
Reply 43
Sounds good to me.
Reply 44
Hey guys to make my job a bit easier can you say "in it to win it" (it'll catch on) otherwise I don't know if you're interested or not. :colondollar:

Keep them coming. :yep:
Reply 45
Louis Theroux is my hero!

In it to win it!
meee i want to be in it!
Reply 47
Mastermind`
Hey guys to make my job a bit easier can you say "in it to win it" (it'll catch on) otherwise I don't know if you're interested or not. :colondollar:

Keep them coming. :yep:

Ahhh! I'm, er... in it to win it :cool:
Reply 48
in it to win it
Mastermind`
Does that mean you 2 are in it to win it? :flutter:

Yes, yes I am in it to win it :smile:.
he is so brave, spesh when he goes to see al them nazis and theyre like are you jewish and hes like .... "eeerrrmmm " lol
Reply 51
berryfantastic
meee i want to be in it!

Beautiful eyes by the way. :yep:

nadineheather
Yes, yes I am in it to win it :smile:.

Very good Nay. :five:
Sugar_Puff_Fairy
They were absolutely sickening weren't they? Going to soldiers' funerals to shout their disgusting, completely irrational views, God I wanted to fly over and smack the woman in the head. That was the documentary that made me fall in love with our Louis, because he never pretended to agree or understand why they thought the way they did, even though it probably would have got more out of them.

Yeah, she just made me feel sick. I nearly turned it off at some points because she was making me get all annoyed, lol. He never pretended to agree, especially when the man claimed that the Jews killed Jesus and he said something like "brainiac, Jesus was a Jew and the Romans killed him". I love it when he says things that the other person has no answer to. It made me laugh quite a bit. :smile:
Mastermind`
Beautiful eyes by the way. :yep:

Very good Nay. :five:

thankyou :smile:

beautiful society! :biggrin:
Reply 54
berryfantastic
thankyou :smile:

beautiful society! :biggrin:

Anytime. :yep:

Of course. :colondollar: I'm just trying to find a picture of Louis to be the logo. :yep:
i think im in love with him.

im tempted to make a facebook just so i can add him :ninja:
Reply 56
berryfantastic
i think im in love with him.

im tempted to make a facebook just so i can add him :ninja:

You should, there is an appreciation society for the man himself. :yep:

I've now created the society (well, filled in the little form thingy). If it's approved it should appear in the society list, or so they say. :ninja:

In it to win it. :yep:
Mastermind`
You should, there is an appreciation society for the man himself. :yep:

I've now created the society (well, filled in the little form thingy). If it's approved it should appear in the society list, or so they say. :ninja:

In it to win it. :yep:

:five:
i'd like to join.
i like the Crime in Philadelphia one...he just didnt fit in at all..a nerdy skinny dude talking to these big time gangstas..cute.
Reply 59
Biggillystyle
Did anyone see the documentary with the most hated family in America! The best bit was when they were picketing outside the soldiers funeral and this car came bay and the guy launched his soda out the window and nailed the kid in the head. One word. OWNED!!

That was funny. My absolute favourite bit was the conversation with Louis and that man about Jews. By this point in the show, Louis had pretty much had enough. The man said something like
These sick people crucified Jesus Christ

and Louis replied
Jesus was a Jew, genius

Then, the man said something like
The Jews were the ones who ordered Christ to me crucified

To which Louis replied
No they didn't, it was the Romans

:love:

Quick Reply