The Student Room Group

European Economics And Financial Centre

The EEFC, http://www.eefclondon.org/index.html

Has anyone heard of this company?
yeh, I know someone doing an internship there
Reply 2
Just to let you know I asked this question a few years back and have lost interest in them! :smile:
It is strange - people with strong opinions about this organisation have only 1 /2 posts on TSR :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Anyone else with different/more recent opinions and experiences?
Reply 5
Has anybody else worked here? Considering getting in contact for some summer finance experience...
Reply 6
bump.

was wondering what the view is on this place? their website seems really out of date and half done.

they called about work experiences but apparently its 3 months and no £, not even travel expenses :-/
Reply 7
I did an internship at EEFC for three months.* During this period of learning, I was able to expand on my knowledge in financial markets and gained substantial insights into many economics-related issues. I consider all the tasks I did at the Centre a great learning opportunity

This work experience gave me the chance to enhance my skill sets. Working in a multi-cultural environment ensured that I have to be up to speed with my team working skills.
Being a part of EEFC as an Intern was a great privilege. I really appreciated working alongside the staff of EEFC.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Sunflower08
I did an internship at EEFC for three months.* During this period of learning, I was able to expand on my knowledge in financial markets and gained substantial insights into many economics-related issues. I consider all the tasks I did at the Centre a great learning opportunity

This work experience gave me the chance to enhance my skill sets. Working in a multi-cultural environment ensured that I have to be up to speed with my team working skills.
Being a part of EEFC as an Intern was a great privilege. I really appreciated working alongside the staff of EEFC.

:|
Their jobs link doesn't work...
Original post by Sunflower08

are you ****ing kidding me? employees of this firm sure can sound desperate.
Reply 11
I worked at this organisation and during that period I gained much insight into the real workings of markets, economies and banks which I would not have experienced during my studies. I learnt about new tools and how to analyse data and key macroeconomic indicators.
Original post by slowdowngandhi
Their jobs link doesn't work...

This firm sends out a job ad through LSE's SU - I received an ad today? I have looked this one up as well. Not sure about how credible the information on the website is. According to the website, Ben Bernanke is one of the "guest speakers" there.

Even a half-decent organisation maintains a good website. Even a scam company maintains a good website to fool people. Most of EEFC's links don't work. And they do executive MBA? What's up with that?
They are recruiting unpaid interns again, I hear. My flatmate has received an email asking to submit his CV. Don't bother. These companies make me think why doesnt the government regulate this sector. Unpaid internships.
Reply 14
Harry W, whislt your brief explanation of your experience is appreciated, its sounds a bit too formal, making it seem unrealistic. i am presently one of the applicants to work there and i am unsure if i should go through, since i do not have enough infromation about the organisation. you have experiience working there could you futher give me some key information concerning working there.

Quick Reply

Latest