The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -strawberry-
It's a really long question on organic stuff... like hydrocarbon layers and preparing iodide gas and something about 1-iodobutane.. I just don't remember any of it :/ starting to panic about chemistry now. :frown:

is this off the jan 09 unit 2 paper for edexcel?
Original post by .snowflake.
is this off the jan 09 unit 2 paper for edexcel?

No it's January 11, question 13. :smile:
Original post by .snowflake.
I've got a biology teacher who only teachers 4 topics at A level, two at AS, two at A2 and has taught these for the past 4 years. You'd think she'd know them inside out and back to front. She doesn't.

We haven't finished Unit 2 yet :facepalm:
Original post by Lily Academia
We haven't finished Unit 2 yet :facepalm:

This same teacher allowed us to go into our unit 2 exam without being taught the whole spec. It'd been nice if she'd warned us we'd not done it all!
Reply 9124
So tired, really behind on revision!
Original post by senz72

Me too :frown: not good... :s-smilie:
Reply 9126
Me too :frown: not good... :s-smilie:

Not good at all. :frown:
Original post by senz72
Not good at all. :frown:

It literally makes me feel sick thinking about how close the exams are and how little I know... :frown:
Reply 9128
Same. I tried to organise some study sessions with my mates but they just rejected. That was sort of my last attempt to ignite my determination to revise this year.
Original post by senz72

Eurgh, I know the feeling :emo:
Reply 9130
I can't wait for my family to go back to work tomorrow :grumble: My house is open plan so when they're home, the tv is always on, and there is no quiet space to revise. The past 4 days have been totally wasted :frown: My bedroom is right above the area with the tv so even there it is all I can hear. I wouldn't mind if they were watching it, but it's just on for the sake of it :facepalm:
Original post by Folks
I can't wait for my family to go back to work tomorrow :grumble: My house is open plan so when they're home, the tv is always on, and there is no quiet space to revise. The past 4 days have been totally wasted :frown: My bedroom is right above the area with the tv so even there it is all I can hear. I wouldn't mind if they were watching it, but it's just on for the sake of it :facepalm:

:console:

Ask them to turn it down? :smile:
Original post by ElMoro
wut :lolwut:

'sup :cool: How's life going? :biggrin:

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

:teehee:
Oooh .. that is quite expensive :redface: hehe

...A what? :lol:

Violins can cost millions.

A bigger oboe. :colone:
I should go to bed too, I have about 9 past papers to do tomorrow :lol:

Is it normal to procrastinate from going to bed? :s-smilie:

9?! :lolwut:

I was impressed that I did 5 yesterday. But 9?! :lolwut:

I did one today. :blush:

I did read the Hunger Games though, it was :sogood:
Original post by Heptapus
:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

:rofl:
Original post by wcp100
:rofl:

:smug:
Original post by Heptapus

:smug:

It's impressive, but not as much as your post count....
Original post by wcp100
It's impressive, but not as much as your post count....

You are impressed that I knew that ML was coming back? :smug:

I haven't posted in ages!
No it's January 11, question 13. :smile:

Do you not know what you need to draw for question 13? You need a separating funnel, it must have a tap (clearly labelled). Two layers, with top layer being the hydrocarbon layer as it's less dense than the bottom layer, it will have a purple colour. (Iodine is purple in a hydrocarbon solvent)

Do you have the CGP revision guide? It explains all of this pretty well. Let me know if you need anymore help on any questions/concepts. :smile:

Latest