The Student Room Group

When do you go on study leave ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Millyshyn
Hah, yes! Is your first one a Unit 1 chemistry resit and last one Unit 2 physics by any chance?

unfortunately not as all of my subjects are humanities. I just thought it was a bit of a coincidence that they were the exact same start and finishing dates.
May 3rd I think?
Original post by ..lauren
3rd of may for five weeks then three weeks back at school WITHOUT a timetable change, so basically a waste of time: Scottish Highers also. Our 6th years and 5th year leaves also just leave at the beginning of study leave.

think you may be at my school haha and yeah 3rd of May which is my 2nd exam but that's me left then!
Original post by Ra Ra
Anyway, I don't even have the time off after my exams; they're keeping us in so they can go through part of A2 with us.

That's pretty standard for AS at almost all 6th forms I think.
11th of May, first exam on the 14th - not very helpful...
Not too sure perhaps the beginning of the next half term.
Last year when I was in AS, I barely saw any year 13s in the month of June so perhaps that's study leave for us :crossedf:
Reply 46
first exam is may 15th. last day of school before study leave is may 18th. :angry:

next exam after that is 11th june afaik, and prom is 1st june, so its okay after that :tongue:
Reply 47
Original post by Ra Ra
I don't (though I'm doing AS, so maybe I will have study leave A2...:dontknow:?) Anyway, I don't even have the time off after my exams; they're keeping us in so they can go through part of A2 with us.

I mean, what? :colonhash:

most schools do that i think. well, all the schools in my area do. ive never heard of AS students having the rest of the year off :tongue:
Reply 48
Study leave is the 11th of May for me, and my first exam is the 14th :3
1st June which is the last day before half-term, I have an exam the day before that (A2 Religious Studies: Philosophy of Religion), so that day I'll probably just go and revise so I can be in when it's time for the leaving assembly and lunch (yes I am in Yr 13) so after that day the only time I'll be in will be when I have an exam, when I'm into do some revision with my teachers, when I'm meeting up with my friends to go on the coach to the formal leaver's do/meal and when I go in in August to collect the all important results
You finish May 18th, OP?
I couldn't imagine finishing then, I'd have an exam that day already!
I can't remember the EXACT date I finish but it's around the 8th May.
Reply 51
We don't :/ We have our exams (AS) and then start A2 lessons straight after! :frown:
25 May. :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by SimpleGirl
Same here!

AS History by any chance? :smile:
Original post by pink pineapple
unfortunately not as all of my subjects are humanities. I just thought it was a bit of a coincidence that they were the exact same start and finishing dates.

Ah, I thought we might have the same exams too :wink:
I'm doing A2, our last day before study leave is the 30th May but my first exam is on the 23rd May (an AS resit) :frown:.
Reply 56
Study leave is on 11th of May, although I'm going to keep going to college anyway. I work better there.
Original post by CLARA_
AS History by any chance? :smile:

Ah no, Chemistry resit :frown:
Reply 58
Original post by SimpleGirl
Ah no, Chemistry resit :frown:

edexcel chemistry unit one? :redface:
Original post by laurie:)
edexcel chemistry unit one? :redface:

OCR Salters B.
It is the unit one paper though! :tongue:

Quick Reply