The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah after a group interview, how do waitrose contact you if you have a 1:1 interview?
Original post by Greekgeekable
Ah after a group interview, how do waitrose contact you if you have a 1:1 interview?

My store emailed me after about a week :smile:
Original post by Rhiannan94
My store emailed me after about a week :smile:

Cool was that your preferred method of contact?
Thank you for the advice everyone :smile: Its only for a temporary position so maybe the interview wont be as frightening? I know this has been answered on this thread hundreds of times, but what kind of things do they ask in the 1:1 Interviews? It would helpful to know some more recent experiences!
Thanks again :smile:
Original post by Greekgeekable
Cool was that your preferred method of contact?

To be honest I can't remember now :s-smilie: I think so.
Hi I have a problem now, it seems. I had a group interview about a week and five days ago and I have had no response back, what should I do ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know when the cut off date is this month? It's so confusing -.-

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6947
When's payday this month/where can I find out all the dates for it?
Original post by Catiexx

Payday is officially Friday but the money should go into your account Thursday :smile:
Original post by Catiexx

All the dates are on partnerconnect :smile:
WOAH I have a 1:1 interview, can I ask what to expect?
Hi everyone I recently received this email:
"Although we are interested in pursuing your application, we currently do not have a suitable vacancy for you. I propose to hold your details on file for the next three months, and will contact you again to initiate the second stage of the recruitment process if a suitable opportunity becomes available."

My problem is that I want to get a rook piercing. I currently work in Sainsburys and although they say you can't have any piercings except ear lobes, plenty of people have a tragus or even a nose piercing without a word being said! So what I'm saying is I don't know whether to not get it done but I don't know if I'm gonna get the job and will Waitrose really mind as you couldn't see it unless you looked at me side on.

Thank you
Original post by WorryWarrior
Hi everyone I recently received this email:
"Although we are interested in pursuing your application, we currently do not have a suitable vacancy for you. I propose to hold your details on file for the next three months, and will contact you again to initiate the second stage of the recruitment process if a suitable opportunity becomes available."

My problem is that I want to get a rook piercing. I currently work in Sainsburys and although they say you can't have any piercings except ear lobes, plenty of people have a tragus or even a nose piercing without a word being said! So what I'm saying is I don't know whether to not get it done but I don't know if I'm gonna get the job and will Waitrose really mind as you couldn't see it unless you looked at me side on.

Thank you

Waitrose have the same piercing policy, and in my branch it is definitely strictly enforced.
Just got this email after a 1:1 interview I had today!

Following a successful first interview, I am pleased to invite you to a second interview (with the section manager)
What does a SECOND interview involve?! Is there a bigger chance I might have the job?!
Thank you so much if anyone has experienced this!!
Barring you revealing yourself to be a psychopath when you meet the manager, you've pretty much got the job.
Original post by mybarefootdrive
I had my group interview a week ago and have received an email saying they are trying to job match me to a suitable position and I will hear back within 2-3weeks, application is on hold until then and if they can't, I'll be kept on file for 3 months.
The interviewer said after the interview they were not having the 2nd stage 1-1 interviews this time round.

Anyone else ever had their application on hold after the interview?
I am pleased it is not a flat out rejection, of course, wonder what my chances are of being job matched.
Thanks.

Hey dude. I had a interview last Wednesday for the new store soon to be opening in Greenwich. I honestly thought I'd been rejected until I read the email properly.

Getting really nervous whether they'll have a position to match according to my availability and choice.

I received the same email two days after my interview last Friday.

Hopefully we get this job! Good luck!

P.s. Have they got back to you? And how long has it been since your interview? Thanks.:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Study24/7
Hey dude. I had a interview last Wednesday for the new store soon to be opening in Greenwich. I honestly thought I'd been rejected until I read the email properly.

Getting really nervous whether they'll have a position to match according to my availability and choice.

I received the same email two days after my interview last Friday.

Hopefully we get this job! Good luck!

P.s. Have they got back to you? And how long has it been since your interview? Thanks.:smile:

Yes, this was also for Greenwich and my interview was on the 15th of this month. I got this email 5 days after.
They haven't got back to me as yet, I expect next Friday onwards, following the 2-3weeks they mentioned.

I know, I really hope so too!

Good luck!
Reply 6957
I have an interview for a part time position in Waitrose in just under 2 weeks, I have serveral ear piercings, but i'm fine with taking them out for the interview, however I do have lobes stretched to 6mm and 5mm, although they're only small, so I may just take them out for it aswell.

What I'm really worried about is my hair, it's not a crazy style, a little below shoulder length, although it is purple. I don't mean the dodgy purples people put over brown, it's bleached then a purple put over it. I don't know what their policy is, I plan on wearing it up and pulled back to not draw too much attention.
I'm really reluctant, but should I change it to a more 'natural' colour beforehand? (most likely will be a light blonde, my real natural colour is brown) Or should I keep it this colour for the interview, then during/after ask them if they would like me to change my hair colour, showing initiative of some sort..

I'm taking a level 2 diploma in hair so changing the colour and cost really isn't a problem for me.

Someone please help, thank you in advance.

fyi, i'm 18 and the branch is in East London/Essex
Evening,

I'm going to be starting a job at Waitrose as a Supermarket Assistant in Operations. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Do they throw you right in or ease you in with help after the induction?
Original post by xxSherlockxx
Evening,

I'm going to be starting a job at Waitrose as a Supermarket Assistant in Operations. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Do they throw you right in or ease you in with help after the induction?

A bit of both. You'll be in the deep end, but your colleagues will always be close by, and at the beginning, will help you learn everything. That was a big concern of mine before starting, so I know how you feel.

Latest