The Student Room Group

Tutor Reference on UCAS

Im applying for 2009 presently, my tutor says she will be doing everyone in my forms' references shortly, however I was just wondering whether people actually see the reference on their UCAS?

I can't see any facility for this on the UCAS site, it only does your info so is the UCAS reference hidden from the applicant, and only seen by UCAS & the Unis?
Reply 1
You don't have to see it. My tutor showed it to me before he submitted it - but there is no requirement for them to do so, it's up to the individual tutor.
Expo
Im applying for 2009 presently, my tutor says she will be doing everyone in my forms' references shortly, however I was just wondering whether people actually see the reference on their UCAS?

I can't see any facility for this on the UCAS site, it only does your info so is the UCAS reference hidden from the applicant, and only seen by UCAS & the Unis?

I didn't really see any of it, jsut wht my tutor told me, an interviewer was very impressed what it said about me :biggrin:

said so in the interview, so beware they will b looking at it
Reply 3
all my teachers are crap teachers, they don't even bother to right good reviews, just a few generic sentences, such as X is a good student, her attendance was XX% and likes rollerblading.

it pisses me off that they dont bother to help a student go into uni.

to the OP: You cannot see there reference, they can see what progress you are making with your application but you cant see what they are doing. Unless they are nice tutors who will write down anything you couldnt fit in your PS etc.
Reply 4
I think you can ask to see it...
Reply 5
My tutor showed me mine. All the students at my college have to sign theirs before they get sent off.
Reply 6
My tutor says that if you see it then they can't write 'confidentail reference' on it, to it doesn't look as good.
Reply 7
once you've sent your UCAS application off, you can pay UCAS a tenner and they post you all the details they have about you, and this includes the reference.

something to do with the Data Protection Act 1998

...that's if you really want to see your reference...
Reply 8
Well, u can see the whole ref if you apply as an individual
So if are in doubt, why don't u apply as an individual?
Reply 9
Surely if you really wanted to, you could apply to your school under the data protection act too...I'm pretty sure they'd keep copies of references, even if it was just in the 'My Documents' folder on the computer of whoever wrote it.
Anyways, if you want to go via UCAS, this is what you have to do:
Under The Data Protection Act, you can receive a copy of any information we have about you. The cost is £10.

You can write to us requesting a copy of your application, or if you have a credit or debit card, you can contact our Customer Service Unit on +44 (0)871 468 0 468 and arrange to receive a copy of the information we hold. UK BT landline calls will cost no more than 9p per minute. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.

Latest

Trending

Trending