The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2012

Who's applying and what for? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey - looks like I'll be applying for English and Creative Writing :biggrin: have seen the uni on a school visit but yet to go to an open day. Also impressed with Chichester. I guess I just like the small campus feel in historic areas!
You? :smile:
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Original post by codle
Hey - looks like I'll be applying for English and Creative Writing :biggrin: have seen the uni on a school visit but yet to go to an open day. Also impressed with Chichester. I guess I just like the small campus feel in historic areas!
You? :smile:

Hey! Finally, a response :tongue: I'm going to do English and Psychology :biggrin: from what I hear, Winchester is really good for English, so that'd benefit us both :tongue:

I'm going to an open day soonish :smile: not sure about Chichester but I'm also looking into Keele and Oxford Brookes. =] Winchester does look very pretty though :smile:
Reply 3
Ah good :biggrin: it does - and I'm visiting on the 15th October :biggrin:
Reply 4
Im applying for History :smile: So excited for the open days !!!! Is Winchester your first choice?
Reply 5
Original post by Aarroonnn
Im applying for History :smile: So excited for the open days !!!! Is Winchester your first choice?

Hey! I'm quite into History A level, do enjoy it but not my best subject :P not sure about first choice yet, from what I've seen I'm torn between Winchester and Chichester at the moment... Will have to see what the English Department is like.

Had a few negative comments from my English teacher who doesn't approve of studying CW and thinks I should go to a more "reputable" university - but I really love the feel of the smaller places!

What about you? First choice or back-up?
Reply 6
Business Managent

Going to the open day on the 8th, excited as Winchester is my 1st choice and the only uni i really want to go to due to many factors.
Reply 7
Original post by codle
Hey! I'm quite into History A level, do enjoy it but not my best subject :P not sure about first choice yet, from what I've seen I'm torn between Winchester and Chichester at the moment... Will have to see what the English Department is like.

Had a few negative comments from my English teacher who doesn't approve of studying CW and thinks I should go to a more "reputable" university - but I really love the feel of the smaller places!

What about you? First choice or back-up?

Ahh i love History a-level, i'm very sad and spend most of my time working on it. Deffinatley go with where you feel most comrtoable, and i think creative writing is quite interesting, and it's paired with English so it's hardly going to be an easy course. Erm not entirely sure yet, still looking at some others but i think it'll be either my first or second.
Reply 8
Original post by Aarroonnn
Ahh i love History a-level, i'm very sad and spend most of my time working on it. Deffinatley go with where you feel most comrtoable, and i think creative writing is quite interesting, and it's paired with English so it's hardly going to be an easy course. Erm not entirely sure yet, still looking at some others but i think it'll be either my first or second.

Thanks :biggrin: it's really good to talk to someone who's supportive! Of course my friends are but it's good to find someone new who agrees :P
What other unis are you looking at?
The whole idea of going to uni next year is really exciting :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by codle
Thanks :biggrin: it's really good to talk to someone who's supportive! Of course my friends are but it's good to find someone new who agrees :P
What other unis are you looking at?
The whole idea of going to uni next year is really exciting :biggrin:

I'm really excited too :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 10
To those of you doing History, could you tell me the building where humanities inc. History are taught? I'm thinking of going but couldn't attend the open day... just want to see what it's like really.
Original post by Jabberwox
I could've sworn you were on another thread where you put that you were excited to have gotten offers from London Met and Anglia Ruskin to do health and social care??? :s-smilie:

No :s-smilie: If you go through my post history you'll see it wasn't me. But your picture looks familliar, im sure i saw the person on crimewatch for beastiality.
Reply 12
Think I'm applying to Winch for the Choreography and Dance course :biggrin: - going to the open day this Sat xxx
I'm applying for Archaeology because I absolutely loved Winchester at the open day, unfortunately it has the lowest entrance requirements of any of the universities im appling to (CCC-BBC) so I'm a bit sceptical about it and its such a small department so i might not get enough choice for modules.
Anyone know if they do UCAS visits if they offer you a place. I missed the recent open day, as I was unwell. I would rather do the open day than just book a campus tour because I'd like to see the accommodation. I want to give all my options equal consideration.
Reply 15
Original post by majornongeek
Anyone know if they do UCAS visits if they offer you a place. I missed the recent open day, as I was unwell. I would rather do the open day than just book a campus tour because I'd like to see the accommodation. I want to give all my options equal consideration.

Hey, when I emailed them about travel expenses they said something about post-offer Open Days around February and March, if that helps :smile:

Also, according to the prospectus, they have an Open Day in May of next year... but I'm sure they'll have others before then so don't worry about it :tongue: I havent been to the Open Day yet either :smile: :smile:
Reply 16
I was just going to give you a quick update - I went to the Open Day recently and loved it! The subject talks were great and so was the atmosphere. Definitely my first choice now. So if you haven't seen it yet I'd say it's a lovely uni (if you want a small uni, that is) and it's worth applying for! :biggrin:
I really hope they send me an invite to an open day before I have to make my final decisions because they course sounds really good. I have got an offer from them
Original post by codle
I was just going to give you a quick update - I went to the Open Day recently and loved it! The subject talks were great and so was the atmosphere. Definitely my first choice now. So if you haven't seen it yet I'd say it's a lovely uni (if you want a small uni, that is) and it's worth applying for! :biggrin:

Sorry, not very good at this quoting business. Meant to add this in.
Reply 19
Original post by YogaintheWoods
I'm applying for Archaeology because I absolutely loved Winchester at the open day, unfortunately it has the lowest entrance requirements of any of the universities im appling to (CCC-BBC) so I'm a bit sceptical about it and its such a small department so i might not get enough choice for modules.

I've applied for the Archaeological Practice degree, because the course looked fantastic.
About the entry requirements: I went on a course taught by a Winchester grad and she really sold it to me. She said that they take people in with low grades (and higher ones too) but the teaching is fab, and you get a good degree at the end.
The module choice looked very good. Lots on Medieval and Classical period, not really any non-european ones though...

Hope that helps...

Quick Reply

Latest