The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a foundation year A104 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Sent my questionnaire off at about 2 am this morning haha and I spoke to admissions today as well, they said they got roughly 300 questionnaires to look through, I didn't think the course was so competitve ! After writing the statement of interest im really quite excited about the curriculum, fingers crossed :biggrin:
Reply 81
Original post by jcb123
I phoned up East Anglia the other day and they told me that if you are predicted AAA at A2 then you are directly moved the the five year course, unless there is something on your application that makes you eligible.

They also said that if you haven't received the forms by now then your application is not going to be considered any further, as the deadline is tomorrow and all the questionnaires have been emailed out to the applicants.

Hope this helps.

This happened to me also. I got an email saying they forwarded my application to the 5 year course.
Reply 82
Original post by Kevlar R
Sent my questionnaire off at about 2 am this morning haha and I spoke to admissions today as well, they said they got roughly 300 questionnaires to look through, I didn't think the course was so competitve ! After writing the statement of interest im really quite excited about the curriculum, fingers crossed :biggrin:

You think it'll make it in time? The deadline is today. :smile:
Reply 83
Yea I thinkso, when I told the lady on the phone she just laughed and said it was fine :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Kevlar R
Yea I thinkso, when I told the lady on the phone she just laughed and said it was fine :smile:

Ah good good.

The standard course applicants are receiving their interviews. My my we do have a long wait, that is assuming pre-interview rejections will be around about the same time as interview offers which I suspect. :s-smilie:
Reply 85
I still havent got a reply from them with a questionnaire of some sort? Im predicted **A, got 2a2b as as, and 620 as a uckat average? Has anyone else STILL not recieved anything?
Reply 86
Original post by Mshah
I still havent got a reply from them with a questionnaire of some sort? Im predicted **A, got 2a2b as as, and 620 as a uckat average? Has anyone else STILL not recieved anything?

Hmm well according to some members who contacted UEA, if you haven't gotten an email you're no longer being considered. I can't tell what you're predicted grades are? If it's higher than AAB then unfortunately UEA can't consider you any further for the 6 year course and may have moved your application to the 5 year course. Check UCAS track for any changes or call them up.:redface:

Good luck.
Reply 87
Hi guys

I was part of the first cohort for the foundation year, if anyone has any questions/needs help with the interview etc you can pm me- this was my lifesaver so i'm up for helping anyone who wants it :smile:

As said earlier, short of getting obsessed with UCAS track and the application procedure, it really is better to just get on with your a-levels and not compare yourself with others who are getting interviews and offers already. It'll sway you off track and you'll end up with offers and no grades to meet them :s-smilie: Sorry if this stressed you out! Just dont be phased by others around you.

Hope to see some of you around interview time :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Medican
Hmm well according to some members who contacted UEA, if you haven't gotten an email you're no longer being considered. I can't tell what you're predicted grades are? If it's higher than AAB then unfortunately UEA can't consider you any further for the 6 year course and may have moved your application to the 5 year course. Check UCAS track for any changes or call them up.:redface:

Good luck.

my predicted is a*a*A and im not to sure if the have moved me to the 5 year as it still says a104? :/
Reply 89
Original post by Mshah
my predicted is a*a*A and im not to sure if the have moved me to the 5 year as it still says a104? :/

Your predicted grades are too high for the foundation course. I would call them up if I were you just to check if they have actually moved you or not. :smile:

I'm not sure if UEA move all a104 applicants who aren't eligable for a104 but are for a100. :s-smilie:
Reply 90
Original post by Mshah

You would have definitely been moved... I phoned up to check and I was told that if your predicted AAA or higher then they don't consider you for the foundation course and move you to A100. Hope this helps!
Reply 91
I got my evidence back today. Imagine my shock when I get back from work and see an envelope with UEA in big and red on it. *heart attack* :tongue:
Reply 92
my predicted grades ae AAB and I haven't received a questionnaire, does that mean that they are no longer considering my application?
Reply 93
Original post by naila
my predicted grades ae AAB and I haven't received a questionnaire, does that mean that they are no longer considering my application?

I would phone up to double check this... I was was under the impression that it was only if you had AAA or higher, but I've also heard that someone who also rang up was told that it was AAB or higher... Sorry I can't give a definitive answer. Phone up tomorrow - they will be more than happy to help you :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by Medican
I got my evidence back today. Imagine my shock when I get back from work and see an envelope with UEA in big and red on it. *heart attack* :tongue:

I hate that feeling... How come they sent it back?!
Reply 95
Original post by jcb123
I hate that feeling... How come they sent it back?!

It's there policy that the evidence you send off has to be the original copy instead of a photocopy so it makes sense for them to send it back ones they have the seen the proof. :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by jcb123
I would phone up to double check this... I was was under the impression that it was only if you had AAA or higher, but I've also heard that someone who also rang up was told that it was AAB or higher... Sorry I can't give a definitive answer. Phone up tomorrow - they will be more than happy to help you :smile:

Thank you :smile:
I did that today and they said they will send me my questionnaire now and extend the deadline *sigh of relief*
Reply 97
Has anyone received the social cretria form yet? It said that they send it in decemberrrr?
Reply 98
Original post by Drizzy12
Has anyone received the social cretria form yet? It said that they send it in decemberrrr?

Most people have received and sent their forms... the deadline was 5th Dec. If you didn't receive a form your application has either been moved to the five year course (if you were predicted AAA or higher) or your application was no longer considered.

Hope this helps :smile:

PS: if in doubt - give them a ring
Reply 99
Oh right suda read the other posts on this thread lol. I'm predicted exactly 3B's and iv got a B in Alevel so that means if passed their primary stage right? but I still havnt received an email or letter. Gonna ring them tommrow to see wts going on. Hope they send me one and give me time. :redface: wish I looked at this thread beforeee! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending