The Student Room Group

In 10 years time...I see myself....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Jet engine?! Invent one soon, please, I want one! Putting in an order way in advance.

It'll arrive in 10 years. :wink:
Married, hopefully working as a midwife with a couple of kids and maybe another on the way.
In ten years time, I see myself (in terms of my profession) hopefully with a career on the West End. In terms of of my personal life, I see myself in a relationship maybe with a child. I don't know, it's just an idea.
Reply 123
Original post by Spontogical
Work smart, not hard, sir.

If you're working so hard and still not getting good results on your A-levels..

you need to change your learning habits, try looking up Scott H Young's 'Learn More, Study Less..' got me from UUU > AAA.

Are you getting paid to advertise for him? If not then you must be some sort of slave. Another user said the same thing as you - that it got him from UUU to AAA. Pretty obvious lie right there. If you got UUU the first time round then you must be mentally stupid as even a monkey with some sort of intelligence would be able to achieve a minimum of three C's (maybe D's).

As for holisitc learning - I downloaded Scott Young's article/powerpoint (for free as it's leaked everywhere) and decided to go through it - nothing new within the pdf. All the techniques mentioned I have seen before or heard of.

If anyone wants any of his PDF's for free then feel free to message me as I'll email you them or just upload them for free so you don't have to waste money purchasing them.
(edited 11 years ago)
nearly 30 :L

hopefully living in France/Belgium
I dunno really just hope I have enough money and to travel around the world also stay healthy!
earn at least 150k annually...{helping all my family out cause we never had much money}have a nice house,nice car{nice bike} and of course a girlfriend that now, because she is 4 years older than me i dont dare to tell her that i like her{besides that i live in another country for studying}..soo yeah pretty much that...{actually in my mind and life is pretty realistic all these so i dont care about the negs i ll probably get}
28 years old.
Well ideally (but very unlikely) I would want to be a professional footballer playing for Chelsea & England, develop into an absolute stud, helping people less fortunate through various projects & to have good health myself :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 129
Instead of procrastinating on TSR instead revision, Procrastinating at work
I'll be 25, so either a postgraduate or an investment banker, or some other financial job that gets you money. It all depends on how I feel, but I presume a Maths degree is going to be pretty versatile.
Reply 131
What ten years? Hasn't any of you seen '2012'??
Original post by isp
Are you getting paid to advertise for him? If not then you must be some sort of slave. Another user said the same thing as you - that it got him from UUU to AAA. Pretty obvious lie right there. If you got UUU the first time round then you must be mentally stupid as even a monkey with some sort of intelligence would be able to achieve a minimum of three C's (maybe D's).

As for holisitc learning - I downloaded Scott Young's article/powerpoint (for free as it's leaked everywhere) and decided to go through it - nothing new within the pdf. All the techniques mentioned I have seen before or heard of.

If anyone wants any of his PDF's for free then feel free to message me as I'll email you them or just upload them for free so you don't have to waste money purchasing them.

No I don't get paid to advertise for him.. but I do enjoy his work. It did take me from those grades to A's over the course of a year and a bit. Nothing extraordinary is written in the books; but I wish I had known it beforehand. He's only 23/4 can't be expecting him to write doctorate level papers can you?

Haha menteally stupid, good one right there. Not everyone is an academic. I didn't expect the A-level exams for Biology, Chemistry and Physics to be that hard.. by the end of first year I did manage an E in one paper.. - I kept getting into the high 30% but never reached the 40% benchmark.

I downloaded the free report myself and still bought it - because of all the extras. but hey i'm not one to hurt someone's business am I :ahee:
He's only 23/4 can't be expecting him to write doctorate level papers can you?

I have no interest in the discussion about self-help books, but... at what age do you think most people are actually taking PhDs?
Original post by Chumbaniya
I have no interest in the discussion about self-help books, but... at what age do you think most people are actually taking PhDs?

24?

But he has no interest in doing a PhD. :lol:
Reply 135
Older I guess?
Reply 136
I'll be a qualified doctor :O That's a terrifying thought...
Reply 137
Earning serious money and enjoying life. :biggrin:

<3 x
Hopefully have owned a volkswagen splitscreen camper van and living somewhere sunny, be married, and have an awesome job :smile:
24?

But he has no interest in doing a PhD. :lol:

I think you misunderstand. You stated that doctorate level papers can't be expected from someone aged 23/34, despite the fact that this is the age most people are writing their doctorate theses.

Quick Reply