The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
I have a few friends who got accepted and they applied on the 15th. I applied on the 5th.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by AceS4
did you apply for cs as well?

I don't think that my application is that strong either....but I recently started thinking that they take into account the fact that I am a girl....I know it's stupid....but I know some girls who went to engineering and had a few problems because of their gender..not at UCL though

I couldn't help but notice that most applicants are males..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1649062&page=149&p=36314352&highlight=#post36314352

Inspiration talks about a girl who was interviewed for CompSci @ UCL here, you shouldn't be at a disadvantage though.
Reply 3702
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1649062&page=149&p=36314352&highlight=#post36314352

Inspiration talks about a girl who was interviewed for CompSci @ UCL here, you shouldn't be at a disadvantage though.

thx:smile:
Reply 3703
Has anyone that attended the L100 open day on Wednesday 22nd February still not had their offer come through on UCAS? I'm getting slightly worried now that the UCAS deadline is fast approaching and so I would like to know if I've got a place there or not (as UCL will be my firm). I also emailed the department last wednesday and I am still waiting for a reply, I just hope I haven't heard because it's so busy in the Economics department!

Matt
Original post by kt94
unlucky! :frown: did they say why? and what grades are you predicted/which subjects etc?

I'm a french student so not really sure about the grades, but I would say I was predicted A* in Maths, A* in Physics, A* in German and A in English.
I am also studying further maths.

Bristol made me a good offer, hence why I was surprised at my rejection.
Original post by MissPellings
I still wonder how come that we are rejected for ESPS and then accepted to the DUAL Degree in the same course - do you think there are fewer applicants? It seems as if the DUAL one was less competitive, does it not? It sounds odd to me because the DUAL Degree is in my eyes even more amazing than the normal ESPS :wink:

Ich komme aus Bayern, mache FSJ Politik in Berlin
- Spitze, dass wir uns so kennenlernen :biggrin:

I am holding an offer for PPE at Durham, withdrew my application from King's College and I am waiting for LSE Politics and Philosophy and DUAL BA program Science Po / Columbia University.

The program at King's College sounds amazing! I should have applied too :P - But right, Dual Degree is just outstanding!! :smile:

So the Dual degree is my first choice too - If I get into Columbia I will only have to choose between there and London but nothing heard back from them yet :smile: - I would be extremely happy if I could go to Paris and London! And at the moment I just want to hold a firm track offer for it :smile:

Hey, I'm from Bavaria as well and holding an offer for the Dual BA :biggrin: I didn't apply for the normal ESPS but on my assessment day (February 8), the admissions guy told us that there are only 10 places available in the whole programm. I guess that if you're so good that they want you for the Dual BA, they won't make you two offers in order to "force" you to choose the Dual BA...^^
Congratulations to everyone holding offers:smile: I hope we'll see us next year. By the way, the UCAS status changed approximately 2 weeks after I had received Mrs. Robinson's email. Still waiting for letters from Sciences Po and UCL.
Reply 3706
Username: Omar1994

GCSE: 6A*'s 3A's 3B's C

AS: AAABBC

Pred A2: A*A*ABa

Offer: AAB for Physics

Firm
Original post by AceS4
I have a few friends who got accepted and they applied on the 15th. I applied on the 5th.

of January? :smile: I applied at the beginning of November and I still haven't heard anything :/ went for interview in January ... they are taking ages! I just want to know already its my last decision to come through!

good luck though!
Original post by Omar1994

Firm

congratulations! btw did you have an interview? if so when was it please I ams till waiting and getting more nervous by the day! :smile:
Original post by Omar1994

Firm

sorry didn't realise I have asked you about this on this thread a while back when we were both waiting! well congrats! :smile:
Original post by maitai
Be thankful that you at least had an interview. The only thing I've heard from UCL is that they have received my application :biggrin:
Have you tried contacting them about when you should be expecting to hear back from them?

they said by February :/ ... they are really taking their time still nothing :? good luck! :smile:
Reply 3711
Original post by helenajane
they said by February :/ ... they are really taking their time still nothing :? good luck! :smile:

Oh wow and you haven't heard from them after the interview? If I were you, I would probably send them an email asking when you should be expecting to hear from them...
And no, still haven't heard anything from them! I keep telling myself that I should be glad it wasn't an automatic rejection but it's just so frustrating having to wait it out!
Reply 3712
sorry didn't realise I have asked you about this on this thread a while back when we were both waiting! well congrats!

thanks :smile: you'll get yours soon dw, check track though because mine only came through like that!
Reply 3713
Original post by Fini*Flambee
Hey, I'm from Bavaria as well and holding an offer for the Dual BA :biggrin: I didn't apply for the normal ESPS but on my assessment day (February 8), the admissions guy told us that there are only 10 places available in the whole programm. I guess that if you're so good that they want you for the Dual BA, they won't make you two offers in order to "force" you to choose the Dual BA...^^
Congratulations to everyone holding offers:smile: I hope we'll see us next year. By the way, the UCAS status changed approximately 2 weeks after I had received Mrs. Robinson's email. Still waiting for letters from Sciences Po and UCL.

Haven't they contacted you to confirm your campus and language choice yet?
Firmed for Linguistics, AAB :biggrin:

Always wanted to go to UCL and now it's really happening! I'll hate myself forever if I miss the grades though. :zomg:
Original post by Roses*
Haven't they contacted you to confirm your campus and language choice yet?

Nope, not yet..they will allocate us instead of giving us the choice, right?
Reply 3716
Original post by Fini*Flambee
Nope, not yet..they will allocate us instead of giving us the choice, right?

Well, the email I received states that "You will also be contacted in the next few days by Sciences Po to confirm your choice of campus and language."
... which means we're likely to be allocated to the campus we chose, right?
Reply 3717
Anyone going to an open day this Wednesday? :smile:
Reply 3718
Anyone had any Econ news today?
Reply 3719
Original post by kt94
Anyone had any Econ news today?

Still waiting - but bare in mind, its Saturday so won't hear anything till monday at least :P

Latest