The Student Room Group

Girls-if a guy enjoys cooking for you like your fav food does that increas attraction

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Left Eye
I don't mean to brag, ladies, but I'm a cook, an acoustic guitarist and a singer/songwriter with numerous love songs under my belt. So if you wouldn't mind forming an orderly queue, I'll be waiting. :cute:

Guitarist and good at cooking = win :biggrin: haha.
Original post by brownchocolateice
I didnt get to fit my title. but my question for girls is if a guy enjoys cooking like your fav foods and wants to take over in the kitchen would that be something that would increase attraction? Are you attracted to guys who cook? And like to improvise and be creative in cooking.

and also what are your fav dishes? what do you like to cook?

My specialties are Indian food and Italian :smile:

I love making chicken tikka masala especially. heard there's a bit of debate about its origins..but thats not what this is about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-SZ1drOMc&feature=related

yes a massive yes from me. :biggrin:
Reply 22
You cut me to the core! :cry2:

sowy :redface: :hugs:
Reply 23
Original post by mia )
sowy :redface: :hugs:

That's a little better. :P

Original post by LettersFromTheSky
Guitarist and good at cooking = win :biggrin: haha.

:biggrin: This is the response I'm after! :happy2:

:biggrin: This is the response I'm after! :happy2:

lol being able to cook is always good and I usually quite like a musician, I admire their talent :biggrin:
Reply 25

:h:
Thanks for all the comments guys i appreciate it. especially the ladies who said it increased attraction.
Also, wanted to say my post was about guys who naturally like cooking and hence like cooking for their gf. not those doing it for the main purpose of showing off or something.
Original post by Foo.mp3
My mum's always going on about her partners skills in the kitchen.. always thought of it as the preserve of little tryhard bitches who fail to shine elsewhere. I was frying a few things on the hob once and my ex remarked at how she liked to see me cooking, said I looked manly and in control? :confused: I rarely offer to cook properly for a girl, and have special dietary concerns myself which make it awkward :rolleyes:

Uhh no guys who cook well can also shine in other areas as well because they have a number of skills. Caring for your partner and cooking for them isnt a sign someone is a try hard but the fact they are a caring person.
Your ex probably said that as in you taking over a"conventionally" female domain made it seem like you were in control. Like if a girl is good at "conventionally" male stuff like knowing about cars, fixing a broken engine or what not i'd find that attractive.
I have special dietary requirements at particular time in the yr like have to be veg, or cant have carbs but that wouldnt stop me cooking separate for a gf/wife.
See? This is the response I SHOULD be getting in my everyday life. Do I? NOOOO! :P

But I won't worry. TSR Girls are impressed, at any rate! :wink:

Mate i think you would. You just got to show off your skills. Have a cook off, hold a concert or do some karaoke :smile: and let ur talents shine.
Original post by jamboogy
I make a mean pasta sauce, and am fully capable in the kitchen, but that dun' mean the bitches be rolling in non stop.

Think of it as more of a life skill, rather than a trait to pull girls. I facepalm every time I see/ hear of someone who can't cook anything by themselves. I mean, come on.

Dude it is a life skill im a student. but also something i enjoy that my dad taught me since i was young..and ive always like to cook. But traditionally guys who did that were not considered manly, by other guys prob, but but now its sexy
...so that's good to know.

You got to show your talents bit more i reckon.
Original post by Pixxy_
Yes, definitely. Especially if he could cook a good curry. :colondollar:

Girl after my own heart :smile:
Reply 31
Mate i think you would. You just got to show off your skills. Have a cook off, hold a concert or do some karaoke :smile: and let ur talents shine.

Haha! You're probably right. :P
Original post by HumiT
I would be very impressed but I wouldn't want him to completely do all the cooking because I love to cook myself.

hey HumiT :smile:
but i want to make all the rotis in the house :smile:
Haha! You're probably right. :P

I am alwayzzz right :smile: jk

on another note..British accents are really hot.
what type do you have? just because im curious that's all.
Original post by ZizziHikaru
Yes! I'd love it, even if it was just simple pasta or even a sandwich.

I think you can have higher expectations when it comes to food :smile:
i think you're really awesome. Ive been reading some of your comments on various threads and it's great to see other open minded asians..so keep being you.

btw, what's your fav food :smile:
Reply 35
I am alwayzzz right :smile: jk

on another note..British accents are really hot.
what type do you have? just because im curious that's all.

Well I'm from Manchester. BUT all my friends from college claim I have a posh British accent.

However; my brother moved to Blackpool a while ago for uni, doing an acting course, where he has developed a much more RP voice, southern posh boy accent. :P So when he comes back he says I'm very northern. xD

So... posh for Manchester, northern scum if I go south. :wink:
Yes, but it's not essential.
Well I'm from Manchester. BUT all my friends from college claim I have a posh British accent.

However; my brother moved to Blackpool a while ago for uni, doing an acting course, where he has developed a much more RP voice, southern posh boy accent. :P So when he comes back he says I'm very northern. xD

So... posh for Manchester, northern scum if I go south. :wink:

mate im so jealous. :P :smile: you can cook, play the guitar and sing songs + you've got the hot RP accent. That's enough for 80% of the world's women to fall in love with you.

Im from Aus but we have a few lecturers from UK and they have a mix of cockney accent, the posh RP accent and a Geordie accent and all the girls are gaga over the male lecturer..and the guys over the female one. lol.
I think you can have higher expectations when it comes to food :smile:
i think you're really awesome. Ive been reading some of your comments on various threads and it's great to see other open minded asians..so keep being you.

btw, what's your fav food :smile:

:colondollar:
Pasta and sarnies are about the extent of my own culinary skills.
Have you heard of Paaye? It's a South Asian dish of stewed goats feet. Yum! It's er...not for everyone though. What's yours?
Original post by ZizziHikaru
:colondollar:
Pasta and sarnies are about the extent of my own culinary skills.
Have you heard of Paaye? It's a South Asian dish of stewed goats feet. Yum! It's er...not for everyone though. What's yours?

That's pretty good. Italian food is nice and way healthier than asian foods in many ways.

What other asian dishes do you like? What's your fav meat? CHicken tikka masala is my specialty but i like making biryani. I can def cook better asian food than any other type. I guarantee if you have my chicken tikka masala you will be licking your fingers. :smile: its also my fav dish

i can learn to make paaye for you. Is this the type you mean?

Quick Reply