The Student Room Group

Erasmus exchange students

Has anyone done the erasmus exchange program or is going to
Reply 1
Yep, I'm looking to get involved. I just got my grades from first year, and I'm looking to spend the second year with the programme.

I tried my erasmus co-ordinator a few times last month, but she seems in no hurry to get back in touch. I haven't a clue what dates I should have application forms filled out for.
Reply 2
I have done it. From Amsterdam to University of Wolverhampton. Best time of my life.
Reply 3
Original post by Bosing
Yep, I'm looking to get involved. I just got my grades from first year, and I'm looking to spend the second year with the programme.

I tried my erasmus co-ordinator a few times last month, but she seems in no hurry to get back in touch. I haven't a clue what dates I should have application forms filled out for.

Where are you planning on going

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e
Reply 4
Original post by Elly25
I have done it. From Amsterdam to University of Wolverhampton. Best time of my life.

Does it cost more
And what were your advantages and disadvantages there
Reply 5
Original post by Miin
Where are you planning on going

I'm trying to decide between Sweden or Holland. I'm travelling from Ireland, and I can't wait to visit a bigger country.
Reply 6
Dutch? I am pretty sure I've heard this before:s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Bosing
I'm trying to decide between Sweden or Holland. I'm travelling from Ireland, and I can't wait to visit a bigger country.

thumbs up:biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Miin
Does it cost more
And what were your advantages and disadvantages there

Well i only paid for accommodation in Wolverhampton. the exchange was a part of my course so the university handled the rest of it.

Holland , well the weather is bad and actually there is not much to do.
I dont know what your other option is for another country. Maybe if you can tell me that I can compare it to something.
Most of the people come to Holland because it is legal to smoke here. But that dissapeared to. You can not buy anything anymore legally except if you have a dutch passport and you are registered with the coffeeshop where you live.
Reply 9
Original post by Bosing

Sweden it is.
Reply 10
Original post by Elly25
Well i only paid for accommodation in Wolverhampton. the exchange was a part of my course so the university handled the rest of it.

Holland , well the weather is bad and actually there is not much to do.
I dont know what your other option is for another country. Maybe if you can tell me that I can compare it to something.
Most of the people come to Holland because it is legal to smoke here. But that dissapeared to. You can not buy anything anymore legally except if you have a dutch passport and you are registered with the coffeeshop where you live.

Ohh kool, well i have a listen of options but im planning either spain or usa
Reply 11
Original post by Bosing

Nice, what are you studying
I really want to do an Erasmus exchange too! However my uni Erasmus coordinator is lacking in coordination lol. I was told that you have to apply before april, and that you have to apply the year before you go... only they only told me this AFTER april (thanks for that!) so has anyone gone for a couple of months during their third year? I'd love to go somewhere in Italy or Greece, or Cyprus, but it depends on what partnerships my uni has... and its really really difficult to actually find the list of partnerships...

I can only go for a couple of months, as only a few months count towards your degree, and I messed up my student finance, so I wouldnt get funding to finish my degree... Any help on applying ect?
Original post by Copycats&Acrobats
I really want to do an Erasmus exchange too! However my uni Erasmus coordinator is lacking in coordination lol. I was told that you have to apply before april, and that you have to apply the year before you go... only they only told me this AFTER april (thanks for that!) so has anyone gone for a couple of months during their third year? I'd love to go somewhere in Italy or Greece, or Cyprus, but it depends on what partnerships my uni has... and its really really difficult to actually find the list of partnerships...

I can only go for a couple of months, as only a few months count towards your degree, and I messed up my student finance, so I wouldnt get funding to finish my degree... Any help on applying ect?

I knew people when I was doing my erasmus year who were there for the semester 1 of their final year at uni.
The international office at your uni should have a list of where they're partnered with, or ask your course organiser. At my uni each school had someone who was responsible for promoting study abroad within the department and then there was also an international office who took care of all of the admin etc.

You'll be eligible for erasmus funding as that comes from the EU rather than from student finance. If you only go for a few months though you'll have to pay tuition fees still whereas if you go for the academic year the EU pays your fees.

Erasmus was the best year of my life so you should definitely try to go if you've got a chance to do so :smile:
Reply 14
hey i really want to take part in the erasmus program however i left it too late for the september start date and can only apply for the spring term, is it still worth applying for or not?
cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending