The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lol, its only to work at asda! Most the things on those forms are common sense
Reply 2
Ask a guy called Alex Mann , he's on the board somewhere, he use to be a manager so i'm pretty sure he'd have a good idea of interview and things, not sure about application form though!!... Hope he dosen't mind me nominating him!!

-x-
and they say education standards are slipping pft.
Reply 4
Hey I work at Asda, and I was helping my sister fill in the forms the other day too. Fill the ones which are about working in a team, being outspoken and you like customers etc.
Reply 5
baby_emmy
Ask a guy called Alex Mann , he's on the board somewhere, he use to be a manager so i'm pretty sure he'd have a good idea of interview and things, not sure about application form though!!... Hope he dosen't mind me nominating him!!

-x-

I'm never too far away. :smile: Just be honest and you'll be okay. I cannot remember exactly what the form says because I haven't seen it for a few months, but just say what they'll want to hear. For example, you're good at working in a team, you're consistently hard working, you're a quick learner, you enjoy helping people etc etc. Let me know if you need me to be more specific....and tell me the questions if you need more help.
Alex Mann
I'm never too far away. :smile: Just be honest and you'll be okay. I cannot remember exactly what the form says because I haven't seen it for a few months, but just say what they'll want to hear. For example, you're good at working in a team, you're consistently hard working, you're a quick learner, you enjoy helping people etc etc. Let me know if you need me to be more specific....and tell me the questions if you need more help.

I was told that you should put honest answers as most people can tell when you are just putting answers you think they want to hear.:rolleyes: Ofcourse you don't want to sound negative but if you say you are really good at everything they'll think there is something up, esp. if you get the job and you can't do some of the things you said you could.
Reply 7
No of course you must be honest, but I am just giving suggestions for things you might be good at. For example, I have seen some applications where people have put that they are very good at writing....well, great, but I want you to put frozen food out quickly when under pressure, so it isn't a relevant skill. Skills such as listening, consistency, hard working, team work, fast learner, flexible, customer focused etc are all relevant. And EVERYONE is good at one of those things.

So yes, always be honest on an application form. But some people are good at such things, but just need some guidance on what to include.
Reply 8
Tanyaciz
Please has anyone got model answers for the form particularly the multiple choice section.

cheers and thanx

You seem desperate. This is your first post. Calm down, its only ASDA.
Reply 9
It may only be ASDA, but to some people, getting the first job is very important and rather scary. Support is welcome.
Reply 10
This was a useful thread I posted a couple of months ago too: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=236846
Reply 11
i used the answers my friend gave me (she is a recruiter for asda at home) and i still didnt get it...