Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
^
I accepted in the first week of February and haven't heard a thing since!!! Its annoying, when your putting that much money into it youd expect a bit more effort on their part. :frown:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I hear it's usually June-ish.
They issue all of the college request documentation on the same day, regardless of your offer status;s (conditional, unconditional).
They are still processing applications at this moment in time and it is coming up to exam season at the uni, so a lot of admin work is being done there. I know that it's frustrating, but remember that they will get to you by june and you can choose your college then! Also, no point in knowing ur college yet!! lol - you can't do anything about it for aaages! :smile:
x
Reply 1023
I am infact a biomed and your wednesday afternoons are not safe if your doing chemistry! they love to have those off you, yet you can easily change if you have a good excuse i.e. sporting commitment! Most normal biological science degrees still have it off! Its your fridays you wanna be praying for! Because im a "p" i clock off at 11 and im done for the day. Gives me time contemplate life over many a drink and hurl abuse at owens (as he also regulars on a friday afternoon at county bar (for all those stalkers out there)) But dont worry its not that hard to swap practicals if you go talk to the lecturer who is taking it!
*sighs* You give it, you take it away. Bastards.

:wink:
RJ555
^
I accepted in the first week of February and haven't heard a thing since!!! Its annoying, when your putting that much money into it youd expect a bit more effort on their part. :frown:

You think February is bad? I accepted early December =]
Reply 1026
RJ555
^

Welcome to Lancaster! Making an effort is not really the strong point of the uni or the people in it. It is a laid back kind of place, you will get used to it once you are here. But don't worry, they won't have forgotten you, and once things get going they are more organised than they seem.
Reply 1027
Method to the madness ^^
RJ555
^

Well what do you expect them to do? Keep sending letters out to people every month saying 'don't worry - we haven't forgotten about you'?? Jeeeeeeeez!
Mr Tom loves to hurl the old abuse at me, but i love it!! :smile:
Another question - Do many people take cars with them, or is it not allowed?
Elvencia
Another question - Do many people take cars with them, or is it not allowed?

To be honest, with the difficulty of getting a parking permit on campus, and the fact that the bus system is so good from the university, I dont see the point. Seriously, you never have to wait more than five minutes for a bus into town, and usually one is always just about to go.
No point in bringing a car at all
No need for a car. The only reason that i can see for it is convenience/laziness.
DannyOwens
No need for a car. The only reason that i can see for it is convenience/laziness.

I dunno, that sounds like a damn good reason . . .
DannyOwens

Well, I'd have only really used it to get home at the end of term (and just because I resent paying the insurance and getting no use out of it), but I guess the odd train journey won't kill me :rolleyes:
Reply 1036
lowercaseluke
When does the current term finish for English Lit students? I guess I should go to more seminars :P

Errrrm, I think you've missed it. Teaching is over for this year.
I was just looking at the term dates. Why do terms start on Friday? Is this when you're expected to come back, rather than when classes start?
Reply 1038
Celifein
I was just looking at the term dates. Why do terms start on Friday? Is this when you're expected to come back, rather than when classes start?

It's a complete mystery why terms start on Fridays, except that it means you can return on the Friday and get into your room I suppose.
Teaching doesn't start til the following Monday. Most people come back on the Saturday or Sunday after term starts.
Lizj
It's a complete mystery why terms start on Fridays, except that it means you can return on the Friday and get into your room I suppose.
Teaching doesn't start til the following Monday. Most people come back on the Saturday or Sunday after term starts.

Thanks. :smile:

I was trying to work out what weeks I'd be able to work full-time. Thought I'd made an arse of the calendar when I saw all the terms starting on Fridays, but, no, it's just Lancaster being peculiar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending