The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Where in D? I was in D2b when I lived there.

I hope the management and company policies have improved since the SU had to get involved.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Haha you know I am Kelsey. C block this year :biggrin:
Reply 3
befskulls
Haha you know I am Kelsey. C block this year :biggrin:

Where in C?

Oh I am SO jealous of everyone going back to Bangor!
Reply 4
I know someone who'll be living in the newly built block. Whatever that is.
punktopia
I know someone who'll be living in the newly built block. Whatever that is.

they've been very very imaginative with the naming of them, its nueadd willis 1 & 2 (1 being the old one and 2 being the new one)
Reply 6
daniel_williams
they've been very very imaginative with the naming of them, its nueadd willis 1 & 2 (1 being the old one and 2 being the new one)

I think the new one is going to be The Plaza, or have something Plaza related in its name because it's built on the site of the old Plaza cinema.
Reply 7
ames123
Where in C?

Oh I am SO jealous of everyone going back to Bangor!

C8 :smile:
befskulls
I think the new one is going to be The Plaza, or have something Plaza related in its name because it's built on the site of the old Plaza cinema.

Yeah , I'd heard that too, but at the moment according to their website its nueadd willis 1 & 2 will probably change names shortly, or once it opens properly (if it hasn't already)
Reply 9
Yeah, I'm gonna be in f34. Which building is that and what floor?
I can't tell you what floors etc they are on, but I believe that F is the neuadd willis 2 building (next to lidl)
Reply 11
Thanks!!
KateBux
Yeah, I'm gonna be in f34. Which building is that and what floor?

If it goes as standard. You're in the New block (as pervious mentioned.) and then the 4th room in the 3 block.

When I lived there, I was D2b, and that was on the first floor (no rooms on the ground floor), the second group and the second room.
Reply 13
Hi

I hold an offer for Bangor to come and study in this september and was wondering how do I go about applying for accomondation?
Is it true, if you put bangor has your first choice before the deadline then you will more likely to get into your chosen accomondation

Thanks for any information.
punkyjones
Hi

I hold an offer for Bangor to come and study in this september and was wondering how do I go about applying for accomondation?
Is it true, if you put bangor has your first choice before the deadline then you will more likely to get into your chosen accomondation

Thanks for any information.

the bangor accommodation won't go up online until about June time, we are the last university to sort out halls allocation as far as I know because we have so many halls available and even more so this year!

if you apply with bangor as your firm you will get priorities for your hall allocation and are more likely to get where you want to go, people with a insurance choice of bangor get less priority and thsoe who get in through clearing get whatever is left. but as I say you won't hear anything until may or june time.

but if you visit www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation you'll be able to look at halls costs for last year and get an idea of what is to be expected.
Reply 15
Thanks, that has really helped me out! :biggrin:
punkyjones
Thanks, that has really helped me out! :biggrin:

I assume you are wanting to live in university owned halls and not the privately owned halls of residence.

just so you have a bit more information than teh website is giving you. a further 4 new halls will be opening on the ffriddoedd site for spetember 2009, neuadd JMJ and Rathbone will not be opening this year (although JMJ hasn't found a suitable relocation yet so may continue to be used for welsh speakers)

Normal site may be getting phased out over the next few years whislt they try and turn the ffriddoedd site into a "Student Village" as there will be a shop opening there soon and a few other facilities.

but if you want any information about the private halls of residence then please leat me know and I'll be happy to help with any information you may require.
Reply 17
do insurance offer holders have to apply for accommodation too?
Hello.

Was just wondering what extra facilities are actually being built on the ffriddoedd site?

Thanks in advance.
kaytee.
do insurance offer holders have to apply for accommodation too?

it is best that you do applyfor accommodation when it becomes available this means that if you have to use your insurance offer you will have been provisionally allocated accommodation at the university. and means you are more likely to get your first choice of accommodation. rather than the hassle of having to sort it out should you not be successful.

PunkyFish-x
Hello.

Was just wondering what extra facilities are actually being built on the ffriddoedd site?

Thanks in advance.

They have recently renovated Ffridd Bar which is now known as Bar Uno (its not the cheapest of places to drink but there are a few of us in discussion with the management there to try rectify this)

they have the Ffridd JCR which is where you can borrow a multitude of things from ironing boards to Hoovers, and even dvd's and games.

they will be opening up a shop shortly which will cater for the majority of student needs, no idea how expensive this will be but chances are it could be another branch of the students' union shop (again this is currently under discussion with the powers that be and the students' union as far as I know)

I believe that another laundrette is to be built

there are going to be meeting spaces and 2 possible common rooms.

there have been new tennis courts and hard court football pitches opened on the site as well

the project is a £35 million redevelopment of the site and it is looking pretty impressive.

whilst Bar uno might not be the cheapest place if you like pool then its a great place to go and the food is pretty reasonable value for what it is and tastes awesome!!!

Latest