The Student Room Group
Reply 1
IMO, there's nothing that good you can do with just a degree in Psychology; you have to do a master's degree for anything interesting. If you look on the British Psychological Society's website, there's a pdf about careers in psychology on there (I'm too lazy to find it for you, but it's easy to find if you google it). Also, the website prospects.ac.uk is pretty good for info on what jobs you can get with what degree you have.
The job centre?
qwertyred
IMO, there's nothing that good you can do with just a degree in Psychology; you have to do a master's degree for anything interesting. If you look on the British Psychological Society's website, there's a pdf about careers in psychology on there (I'm too lazy to find it for you, but it's easy to find if you google it). Also, the website prospects.ac.uk is pretty good for info on what jobs you can get with what degree you have.

I kind of agree with this person. A psychology degree is obviously most suited for pushing you towards a career in psychology, but to do that, you will need further education.

At graduate level, you could go into things like Graduate Mental Health Worker positions, or Assistant Psychologist jobs. But keep in mind these are INCREDIBLY competitive, and are generally used as a stepping stone for the doctorate programme.

But other than that, I can't really tell you much else. A Psych degree can be suitable in other areas of work outside of psychology, but you might lose out to more tailored degrees, if that makes sense?
Reply 4
The darkest depths of the human mind ?

A nice joke (that can be used with any two degrees) What did psychology graduate say to the medic ? Would you like fries with that ?! No :tumble:
Reply 5
anna_spanner89
The job centre?

:biggrin:
Ed.
The darkest depths of the human mind ?

A nice joke (that can be used with any two degrees) What did psychology graduate say to the medic ? Would you like fries with that ?! No :tumble:

lol i told that joke the other day..hirarious...
Reply 7
The prospects website has a few options related to a psych degree listed here

Or to see what actual psych grads go on to do have a look here

As others have said, postgraduate study is definitely the way to go if you want to use psychology in your career.
Reply 8
Into a wall of depression!
Reply 9
In a classroom teaching Psychology :smile: Lol

Latest