The Student Room Group

How long should you wait after losing your virginity to do it the second time?

I lost my virginity to my boyfriend a 2 days ago ( I haven't seen him since, but I am going to for the next few days) It hurt quite a lot at first but after a minute or two of him being really gental the pain just went and i realised what all the hype was about lol. I blead a lot afterwards though, and i felt a tiny bit sore/ different down there for the next 2 days.

Ive heard that the second time often hurts too, and a lot more??? My question is, is the reason for that because the damage that happend the first time hadn't had time to heal for those people? And if i wait about 4 days will it not hurt as much/ at all because its had time to heal?

Reply 1
Hmm.. I've never heard of it hurting more the second time. Just get him to go slowly and be gentle like he was before, eventually the pain will go completely.
Whenever you want. And yeah sex hurt the second time, and a few times after that for me atleast. But it gets better, just gotta break yourself in fully first lol :smile:
It really hurts first time, so I waited for like a month.

During the time, we just dryhumped. :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by street.lovin'
It really hurts first time, so I waited for like a month.

During the time, we just dryhumped. :colondollar:

Did it hurt for the second time though? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I lost my virginity to my boyfriend a 2 days ago ( I haven't seen him since, but I am going to for the next few days) It hurt quite a lot at first but after a minute or two of him being really gental the pain just went and i realised what all the hype was about lol. I blead a lot afterwards though, and i felt a tiny bit sore/ different down there for the next 2 days.

Ive heard that the second time often hurts too, and a lot more??? My question is, is the reason for that because the damage that happend the first time hadn't had time to heal for those people? And if i wait about 4 days will it not hurt as much/ at all because its had time to heal?

I lost my virginity to my boyfriend in January ... on a Saturday, and I had a gyno appointment that Monday. She commented on bruising and tearing, and told me to lay off for at least a week, so I'm going to tell you to lay off for a week.

The second time still hurts, but not that much more. I bled both times, even with the week I gave it under recommendation. I can PM you if you have more questions.
Reply 6
I think a week would be plenty of time and 4 day would probably be okay too.
With my ex I think we only waited 2/3 days. :teehee: It still hurt but it wasn't so bad. Definitely not as much as the first time.
Reply 7
I lost my virginity to my boyfriend in January ... on a Saturday, and I had a gyno appointment that Monday. She commented on bruising and tearing, and told me to lay off for at least a week, so I'm going to tell you to lay off for a week.

The second time still hurts, but not that much more. I bled both times, even with the week I gave it under recommendation. I can PM you if you have more questions.

Oh thank you for the info! So the second time hurt you more? :|.. How many times did it take for the pain to go completely? sorry for all the questions I'm just quite worried it will hurt MORE than the first time.. if that's possible! :L
Did it hurt for the second time though? :smile:

Well, it did. But I was determined to fight the pain so I let it in. :smug:

It was hurtfully amazing. If you get what I mean.

Ummm my first time really hurt and I bled alot ... BUT was a good experience and pretty much the best way I could've lost my virginity. Right person, right time, bla bla.
Second time... hurt a lot more. I have the implant so the second time we used a condom (we didn't the first, BEAR IN MIND i have the implant) and it seemed to hurt more... what birth control are you on? I would NEVER suggest anything without protection but yeah basically, for me it did hurt more the second time but if he's the right guy and it's the right time, it's worth it.
I only waited like 2 days lol.
Reply 10
female: no wait time
males: generally 5 minutes
Reply 11
I waited about 4 hours.
Oh thank you for the info! So the second time hurt you more? :|.. How many times did it take for the pain to go completely? sorry for all the questions I'm just quite worried it will hurt MORE than the first time.. if that's possible! :L

nah, it gets better I can't say the second time hurt more, but I am very small (half my boyfriend's weight and over a foot shorter, if that gives you an idea of the size of my nether region lol) and he's very big (the standard size condom apparently "choked" him)

the first two times were stabbing pains, the third and fourth were burning sensations and then after that it was definitely more enjoyable.
Reply 13
I waited about an hour :tongue:
Reply 14

you only want to wait 10 minutes max before your second time.
(edited 12 years ago)
How long until I did it again with that same guy? Two days. How long until guy #2? About 2 months (my old highschool boyfriend -- didn't get lucky on prom night, but he did over Thanksgiving break, late November here in the states, university shuts down, and we all head back to our hometowns).
As long as you can.. But you'll be ata