The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Social work interview at salford 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lc1975
ah thanks, im just gutted now. the feedback was that my contribution to interview was excellent, i have all the relevant experience required but there were stronger candidates, and to re apply next year. i already applied for the access to social work at the manchester college and awaiting an interview with them. also just applied to stockport for their part time social work course and also health and social care full time. so it aint over till its over! really peeved though that i could have done all this two months ago if salford hadnt dragged their feet so much with decisions, its really not good practice! good luck to you, i hope you get in :smile: x

Ah bless you, i just read back to the beginning of this thread and it sounds like you have tons of work experience! Really shocked that you didn't get offered a place, definitely Salford's loss! It's great that you're still committed to Social work though,... I was rejected by MMU without an interview too!!,.. and i've also applied to Stockport college (but for the FT course). My interview for Stockport isn't until June though and i'm worried about holding out on my other offers for that long (I have unconditionals for Northampton & DMU if i was to stay at home).

It certainly 'aint over! Keep your chin up, you sound like a great candidate and i'm sure we'll both get there - just a different route to the one we'd envisaged! xxx
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 81
costaerer ahhh thanks, and congratulations to you :smile:

to be honest now im hoping to get into stockport this year or next rather than applying to salford again, really think it was disorganised and very disappointed with the waiting time for a decision, couldnt go through that again...!

take care and good luck :smile: x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by i_miss_you
Ah bless you, i just read back to the beginning of this thread and it sounds like you have tons of work experience! Really shocked that you didn't get offered a place, definitely Salford's loss! It's great that you're still committed to Social work though,... I was rejected by MMU without an interview too!!,.. and i've also applied to Stockport college (but for the FT course). My interview for Stockport isn't until June though and i'm worried about holding out on my other offers for that long (I have unconditionals for Northampton & DMU if i was to stay at home).

It certainly 'aint over! Keep your chin up, you sound like a great candidate and i'm sure we'll both get there - just a different route to the one we'd envisaged! xxx

have you still not heard anything still then from salford???

thanks tons, means a lot :smile: i am committed and will get there, as you say, probably via a different route. i popped into stockport today after phoning them they told me to come and get the app form. they said that the FT was full but that i could still put it down as an option in case somebody didnt turn up for interview. my problem is that i only applied to salford and man met as i have a little one who is in school and cant travel too far due to childcare commitments. hadnt even realised stockport offered this course so its a godsend that theyve got places still available! i have EVERYTHING crossed now! :biggrin:

i hope you hear soon then after interview at stockport. where would you prefer to go? xx
Well done on offer costaerer.. n sorry lc1975 dont give up u will get there iv done an access course this yr at bury college and it's been really good.. good luck everyone still waiting to hear x
Reply 84
student finance is tres confusing!!!!!!!!
Eeeek i suppose i should start doing mine!
Reply 86
I got in at Salford,man met and uclan for social work :smile: Choosing Salford First and Uclan 2nd :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by EmilyBrown
I got in at Salford,man met and uclan for social work :smile: Choosing Salford First and Uclan 2nd :smile:

see you there :wink:
Reply 88
Anybody going here but doubt they are gonns meetvthe conditions? I need 280 & well pft i need a miricle!
hi again all,

so who's doing the MA is sept?

just waiting for my health check and crb now.
Reply 90
i forgot about this thread, just had an e-mail reminder about it. I got in to Salford.
Suprised as I had no work experience at all at the time of interview (since the interview I have been volunteering on a ward). Salford was my only interview, I got rejected from the others, obviously due to having no experience compared to other candidates!
I liked the Salford interview, it was a bit busy as they had double booked but I had a pretty good group and contributed to the discussion a fair bit. I actually enjoyed it weirdly.

Guess I better start sorting out student finance! Looking forward to starting. Well done to everyone else and commiserations to those that didn't get in.
Original post by venkman1
i forgot about this thread, just had an e-mail reminder about it. I got in to Salford.
Suprised as I had no work experience at all at the time of interview (since the interview I have been volunteering on a ward). Salford was my only interview, I got rejected from the others, obviously due to having no experience compared to other candidates!
I liked the Salford interview, it was a bit busy as they had double booked but I had a pretty good group and contributed to the discussion a fair bit. I actually enjoyed it weirdly.

Guess I better start sorting out student finance! Looking forward to starting. Well done to everyone else and commiserations to those that didn't get in.

Well done on your offer.. I was in exactly the same boat no experience and Salford was the only uni that invited me for an interview..it would of been my first choice even if i had of been accepted anywhere else!! see you all in september :smile:
Original post by hillbillypete
hi again all,

so who's doing the MA is sept?

just waiting for my health check and crb now.

Meeee :smile: soo excited!!

Im also waiting for health check and CRB.. have you recieved an e-mail regarding crb procedures?? iv not recieved anything only the medical assessment forms :s-smilie:
sorry just noticed the MA im doing the BA :s-smilie:
Reply 94
Hello everyone! I have an interview at Salford on the 26th January for the MA, today I got a letter than said the interview will last around 4 hours and will include a group activity and an academic written assessment! Could you please tell me how yours all went last year? What did they ask you? What was the written assessment like? Any information will be appreciated! Thanks Gee xxx
Reply 95
Hi Gee,

I heard a tutor say it's changed this year. We just had a group interview last year, no assessment or anything. I'm sure it will still be quite relaxed and not too scary as I think that is how Salford like doing things. Good luck!
Reply 96
Original post by EmilyBrown

hey can you please explain how the written assessment was,what was it about and what is needed for it because i have an interview at salford and i have no idea about it:smile:, please could you get back to me asap as my intervioew is next week
Reply 97
Original post by gem1234
hi , i have mine in march and unsure of what i will be asked, i know its a group disscusion but thats about it , could you let me know what happens at your interview and what they ask you . thanks

hey please could you help me as i have my interview next week, i figured youve been through it and could help me with the interview.
i have an group interview and a written assessment.
i have done some reading for my group interview and would appreciate it if you could explain what the written assessment was and what it is about.
thanks
Reply 98
i need help with the interview, please can someone help i have a group interview and a written assesment. can someone tell me what the written assessemnt is about
thnks
Reply 99
Original post by geee8891
Hello everyone! I have an interview at Salford on the 26th January for the MA, today I got a letter than said the interview will last around 4 hours and will include a group activity and an academic written assessment! Could you please tell me how yours all went last year? What did they ask you? What was the written assessment like? Any information will be appreciated! Thanks Gee xxx

hey can you please tell me wghat the written assessmnet was about as i ahve it in a few days, really nervous
thnkx

Quick Reply

Latest