The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Korean Studies 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by taeace
I've spent about an hour literally going through these threads about Korean Studies at Sheffield, I'm currently writing my personal statement about it but they only do Korean at Sheffield and London, but my dad doesn't want me to go to London so really I'm only applying for the one at Sheffield.
Who else is planning for Korean, or ANY EA at Sheffield?!
It seems so lonely on these threads, not many doing it..
COME TO MEE

Is that Taemin in your ava? :biggrin:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Just got an ABB offer for Korean Studies and Korean Studies with Japanese!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haven't gotten a reply for Japanese Studies for whatever reason (I imagine because it's more popular), but I don't really care since I want to do Korean Studies with Japanese as first choice.
Reply 122
Original post by JongKey
Is that Taemin in your ava? :biggrin:

tehehe. YES IT IS! Taemin is my bias >< AND YOUR NAME. JONGKEY BAHAHAHA, I LOVE YOU

Original post by ZombieYoshi
Just got an ABB offer for Korean Studies and Korean Studies with Japanese!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haven't gotten a reply for Japanese Studies for whatever reason (I imagine because it's more popular), but I don't really care since I want to do Korean Studies with Japanese as first choice.

YAY, I AM GLAD YOU GOT THE OFFER DUDE! That's good!! Hopefully I'll see you in 2012 :3
Thanks :biggrin: Hopefully we'll be classmates and the best of friends this time next year! haha :tongue:
Reply 124
Thanks :biggrin: Hopefully we'll be classmates and the best of friends this time next year! haha :tongue:

Sure thing! If we get these grades (ohgod) we should all do like a meet up and say like 'I'm taeace' "oh hey! I'm Zombie Yoshi!" XD
Should be fun, I can't wait
Original post by taeace
Sure thing! If we get these grades (ohgod) we should all do like a meet up and say like 'I'm taeace' "oh hey! I'm Zombie Yoshi!" XD
Should be fun, I can't wait

Yeah, hopefully we can all get the grades D: Well, I got higher than the requirements at AS, so I just have to work super hard for A2!

Wouldn't there be a departmental Open Day some time next year for us to all meet?
Reply 126
Yeah, hopefully we can all get the grades D: Well, I got higher than the requirements at AS, so I just have to work super hard for A2!

Wouldn't there be a departmental Open Day some time next year for us to all meet?

Yes yes yes!!! http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visit/app/offer?type=EAS
Just put in yr UCAS ID.

What date would you guys go?
I'm not sure, I'll ask my parents what they think would be fine. Probably one in the holidays or something so my mum doesn't have to take a day off work and can drive me up. Unless I manage to get money to get the train by myself. Bah, living in Devon is bloody awkward (and expensive) for going anywhere relevant :tongue:
Reply 128
Ahh that would mean going up on the 15th of Feb I guess. I'm flying off to Ireland then though so I'll be going up in March on my own and on a train instead!
Well I just booked the 15th February for 11:30 because it's Half Term so my mum doesn't have to give up a day of pay like last time. I guess we'll just have to wait until September to meet, Triggster :tongue:
Reply 130
What omg. The 15th february? But that's my birthday .-.
Well dang it.
You can spend it trudging around Sheffield! ;D Or I'll just have to see you in September too ;_;
Reply 132
Original post by taeace
What omg. The 15th february? But that's my birthday .-.
Well dang it.

There are some dates in March as well! :biggrin:
Reply 133
Gaaaaaaah just sent off my ucas this minute.... sooo nervous about getting a conditional. That's what I'm most nervous about, getting even a conditional offer, because my grades last year were less than satisfactory. I know I can get the grades needed, but it's just being accepted in the first place. :frown:((( Wish me luck anyway, if i am unsuccessful you may only get to see me in 2013 :')
Original post by Kaeguri
Gaaaaaaah just sent off my ucas this minute.... sooo nervous about getting a conditional. That's what I'm most nervous about, getting even a conditional offer, because my grades last year were less than satisfactory. I know I can get the grades needed, but it's just being accepted in the first place. :frown:((( Wish me luck anyway, if i am unsuccessful you may only get to see me in 2013 :')

Good luck! Did you have your personal statement reviewed in the help forum at all? If your grades aren't stellar but still meet the minimum, a good PS for a niche degree like Korean could go a long way with the admissions staff.

also, have some feel-good K-rock :biggrin::

Every time I watch that, I want to learn Korean. :ahee:
Reply 135

I know I'm bit late but...
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :biggrin:

Hopefully will be seeing all you guys in September >_<!
Reply 136
I think I'll do one of the dates in March- SORRY ZOMBIEYOSHI ;-; I'll see you in September dude! In that case we should all meet up still, just for the sake of it? and @ Kaeguri; don't worry! I was exactly the same, but I got a conditional and I was so nervous about it
Original post by Munny_d
I know I'm bit late but...
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :biggrin:

Hopefully will be seeing all you guys in September >_<!

Original post by taeace
I think I'll do one of the dates in March- SORRY ZOMBIEYOSHI ;-; I'll see you in September dude! In that case we should all meet up still, just for the sake of it? and @ Kaeguri; don't worry! I was exactly the same, but I got a conditional and I was so nervous about it

Aww, that's a shame, but I guessed you probably would.

You better all make sure you get in! :tongue: (and I will too D: )
Reply 138
I've just confirmed attendance of the March 7th open day. I can't get to the accommodation tour unfortunately as I have to take the train and I present to you all the difference in prices for peak and off-peak (and this is buying in advance):

Peak - £113
Off-Peak - £22

And they are only single tickets... Unfortunately to be early enough for the accommodation tour I'd have to leave at a peak time so no thanks! :biggrin:

If anyone else is going on this date then please message me! I'll be on my own so would be nice to have some company when I'm up there. :smile:
Reply 139
Original post by Triggster
I've just confirmed attendance of the March 7th open day. I can't get to the accommodation tour unfortunately as I have to take the train and I present to you all the difference in prices for peak and off-peak (and this is buying in advance):

Peak - £113
Off-Peak - £22

And they are only single tickets... Unfortunately to be early enough for the accommodation tour I'd have to leave at a peak time so no thanks! :biggrin:

If anyone else is going on this date then please message me! I'll be on my own so would be nice to have some company when I'm up there. :smile:

Me and my friend are going on that day I think! We're going to meet up, we haven't planned it all out yet though XD

Quick Reply