The Student Room Group

Using Paypal under age?

So I have a blog, and I want to put a donate button on it, because I think some people might donate a little.

I'm under 18, so I can't legally own a paypal account.

I don't want my parents to open on that I can use, because if they knew about the blog they would be stalking it (you know what parents are like -_-)

I've heard that PayPal usually catch people under 18 using paypal and suspend the account.

So, Is there any other possible way to store money online that is Okay for 16+ to use?

Its really kinda annoying...
How will your parents know about the blog....

Surely if they DO check the statement, which I personally think they shouldn't seeing as IT IS your account, but it's their name...

But I'm saying only the website will show on the statement or whatever? not your BLOG
Reply 2
I use PayPal all the time and I'm under 18...
Reply 3
I have had a paypal account since i was 15 ish and never had a problem ...
Had one at age 17 I think - though that was 6 years ago :cry:
Reply 5
Original post by Dan9878
I have had a paypal account since i was 15 ish and never had a problem ...

Likewise lol,

I didn't even know you had to be 18 to use it.

In fact, are you sure you do?
Paypal account UNDER 18????????

Reply 7
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
How will your parents know about the blog....

Surely if they DO check the statement, which I personally think they shouldn't seeing as IT IS your account, but it's their name...

But I'm saying only the website will show on the statement or whatever? not your BLOG

I'd need a reason to set on up. I can't just say 'Can I set up a paypal account'. They'd ask why
Just set one up. :smile: If you get caught, make a new one ;D

Thanks for the neg.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
I've had a PayPal account since I was 16...

Can't you change your bank settings to stop sending paper statements so your parents can't find out? My PayPal transfers, payments etc only show online.
(edited 12 years ago)
I've had a PayPal account which i've regularly used since i was 13, and that was 7 years ago. First i'm hearing of any age limit to use the service :s-smilie:
Reply 11
I have had a paypal account since i was 15
Reply 12
I've had one since around 13.. LOL

you can keep it unverified and still purchase things online using paypal :smile:

Its just if you want to transfer that money to your card - you'd need to "verify" your account first.. but I doubt they check..
Reply 13
Dont open one, I opened one at the age of 16 and done so many stupid things which made lose like 600£
Original post by Skaterkid
Dont open one, I opened one at the age of 16 and done so many stupid things which made lose like 600£

like what? share one :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by nish81
like what? share one :biggrin:

Trying to merchant with online money in a online game. It was working I hit 200 pounds profit but used a wrong method and got chargeback'd
Reply 16
I have had many PayPal Accounts under the age of 18 and not one of them have been banned. I am 17 and still using PP since God knows when..... Probably 13. O_O
Reply 17
Original post by jLou711
I've had one since around 13.. LOL

you can keep it unverified and still purchase things online using paypal :smile:

Its just if you want to transfer that money to your card - you'd need to "verify" your account first.. but I doubt they check..

I have verified my account and everything. All they do is pay a security deposit (a few pence that you can keep) in two amounts..... You then confirm how much they paid and then you're verified. :h:
You can't anymore without being 18 iness you use yr parents card

It won't even be suspened or anything b/c you can't physically make an account with yr own debit card if under 18