The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA2 Unit 2 Psychology January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by del1rious
that was the easiest psychology paper i have ever sat.
i did the same as a lot of people for 12 mark question, wrote about SIT and drugs. hardiness training is no longer in the spec.
what did people put for why people resist conformity and why people obey? social was my worst section :frown:

also the last question, its defo systematic desensitisation like you said :biggrin:

you can still write about hardiness though and get marks :smile:
i put about internal and external locus of control; internal most likely to resist pressures to conform :smile:
also people obey due to legitimate authority and fear of consequences, and agentic shifts
i did the same as a lot of people for 12 mark question, wrote about SIT and drugs. hardiness training is no longer in the spec.
what did people put for why people resist conformity and why people obey? social was my worst section :frown:

also the last question, its defo systematic desensitisation like you said :biggrin:

For the 12 marker ... :frown: I put cbt well therapy... I missed that lesson and beta blocks but I go the last question :smile: systemeic xyz.... Something a total epic fail of spelling on what it was
Reply 163
Original post by Bubbles94
also people obey due to legitimate authority and fear of consequences, and agentic shifts

Made excellent point about agentic shifts, scribbled it out because I became confused. Then I put cultural differences in its place (individualistic cultures less likely to obey germany/australia etc). Think thats okay?
Reply 164
I did the same as a lot of people for 12 mark question, wrote about sit and drugs. Hardiness training is no longer in the spec.
What did people put for why people resist conformity and why people obey? Social was my worst section :frown:

also the last question, its defo systematic desensitisation like you said :d

omg! Yesd i knew the last question was systematic desentisation do you know why cause thre was a past aper question on phobia about a person calle dhamish thast when i rememebred i first wrote psyhcoanalysis then am like hang on that dont work then i read the words fear and phobia then knew it must be oh yes i never lost all the marks for that pheeewww!!!! :d

I SO HOPE I GOT 80-90%
(edited 12 years ago)
what was the paper out of?
oh no, i wrote about 2 biologicals for esssay :frown:
& out of 72 i think x
Aww I put CBT for the last answer which is totally wrong :/ My mind went completely blank :frown:
ah never mind, they may give u some marks
Reply 170
i forgot to write about Moscovici for social change :frown:

i couldnt think of a study that related to i wrote about the snowball effect, anyone know how many marks that question was?
Reply 171
Original post by emotionalwreck_

Original post by emotionalwreck_
Aww I put CBT for the last answer which is totally wrong :/ My mind went completely blank :frown:

i put that too! several in my class did! and it shouldn't be wrong it says 'suggest' not which one :smile: as long as you explained it you'll still get the marks...past papers prove this :wink:
Original post by Afua93
i put that too! several in my class did! and it shouldn't be wrong it says 'suggest' not which one :smile: as long as you explained it you'll still get the marks...past papers prove this :wink:

Thank you, that's made me feel better :smile: I hope I explained it properly lol
Reply 173
Paper was a gift. So happy.

I was having an argument like 10 minutes before the test with my best friend, and I was like "they'd NEVER ask specific strengths and weaknesses of failure to function adequately, if anything it'd be a choice between the three definitions!"

So glad she brought it up, I'd have had a mindblank! Haha.

I wrote about drugs and CBT for the 12 marker, then I had about 1/3 of the extra space page left, so I scribbled something in about ECT, just in case I could get a few sneaky marks vaguely referencing 'severe depression' as stress, haha. Worth a try, I guess.

I did prefer PSYA1, though, if I'm being honest.
Reply 174
Original post by Hooby
Sorry to tell you but it is in our years exam, I checked with my teacher whos a psych examiner, she said 'The spec alterations are for this years cohort so you still need problem/emotion focused . Sorry!'

yay sooo glad i didn't see this before the exam!!! ikz94 actually answred my question right! :biggrin:
Reply 175
Also, for the social influence one, I wrote about Clarke's snowball effect instead of Moscovici. I forgot he even existed. :frown: Hopefully that's still okay.
Reply 176
Original post by ikz94
listen dude did u see any problem focused or emotion focused on the papers no so like your teacher must be a dopey person so like take back what u said lile!

Actually I used it in the question about stress management.
Paradix,in social change one I have wrote about both like about consistency of the minority in Moscovici experiment and snow ball effect in Clarks
What did uns write for disadvantages of a questionnaire?
Original post by Winston YC

Original post by Winston YC
For the Hugh question on psychodynamic approach, I said psychoanalysis - free association, would that be correct?

Also for the information/normative social influence what was Catlyn?

Social change one sucked, I knew no studies, just went with suffragettes lol...

i done free association aswell as it said 'one psychological therapy' but then at the end i wrote as free association helps identify the cause systematic desensitisation can be used to treat the symptoms

i dont think catlyn was part of the answer :s i only wrote about the girl who laughs.... and the girl who looks for others for the right answer

totally messed up on the social question, was there a similar question to that in one of the past paper? :s
Cathlyn was not the part of the answer.

Quick Reply

Latest