*Post Exam Discussion* AQA A2 Biol4 25th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

--
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Jorgeyy
- Final mass increased with B
- Low SD so farmer can expect increase - reliable
- If profit of extra final mass (selling larger pigs) outweighed the extra cost of B
- Whether the food caused distress to pigs

I didn't have a clue but those were my 4 points haha

I just talked about ratios and protein content not being increased in the new food so it may not be a good idea to change it :/
Aw no i wasn't thinking straight and didn't even relate the last question to the lack of light.. I rambled about how ATP that is produced in photosynthesis is used to maintain the cycle to produce glucose.. Therefore respiration occurs to provide cells with a source of ATP instead.. WHAT!!! It doesn't even make sense :frown: stupid exam pressure.
I wrote 1/8 as it was sex linked and there is a 1/2 chance of having a male or a female.
Original post by swiftylol
I just talked about ratios and protein content not being increased in the new food so it may not be a good idea to change it :/

Probably legit,

I just figured I would repeat the information in the graph as I had no idea :rolleyes:
Reply 25

:\ Didnt write that hahah
can you put a poll up pleaseee for grade boundaries

Oh in that question did any one mention about standard errors overlapping? o_O
Reply 26
Original post by TheShapeofPunk
I wrote 1/8 as it was sex linked and there is a 1/2 chance of having a male or a female.

It was 25%.
Reply 27
Original post by Waki
I wrote a quarter, i hope i get it :/

1/4 is the same as 25%, so you will more than likely get the mark. i don't think any examiner can justify not giving a mark for a fraction that is exactly equal to the percentage! i gave both 25% and 1/4 just to be safe
Reply 28
What was the working everyone did for the energy % Q? I did 10/56 x100 to get 17%, but it said show your working and at the time I didn't think that was right?!
Reply 29
Original post by EffKayy
:\ Didnt write that hahah
can you put a poll up pleaseee for grade boundaries

Oh in that question did any one mention about standard errors overlapping? o_O

i said that because the standard errors overlap the results are not significant... but by the time i got to that question i was so stressed i probably wrote a load of nonsense!
Reply 30
Original post by haybo
i said that because the standard errors overlap the results are not significant... but by the time i got to that question i was so stressed i probably wrote a load of nonsense!

I said that!! :biggrin: Wooo. Then I said the results are due to chance.. etc...
Reply 31
nvm.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by haybo

I said that the farmer was probably right as the one he chose had an extremely small standard error whilst still having the highest mean.. So there would be a higher growth rate and more consistence between the size of the pigs, etc..

It only overlapped with one other result anyway, didn't it? And because A and B's standard error bars levelled off at the top at the same height, it's safe to go with A because of the smaller error (though I didn't write that)..?
Reply 33
Wow! Everyone's answer for the pig question is so impressive! I just said stuff about no repeats but large sample size? 0.0

The ATP and last question was :eek:?!!! What did everyone write for it?

There was also that question about how would pigs eating more affect result's reliability? What did people write?
Where is the other thread? Also just realised that I got the whole of the generic cross diagram wrong. For some reason I put that the male had the recessive allele. How many marks was this question?
Reply 35
What did you write for 'ATP is useful I'm biological processes explain why' ? :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by I<3Gul
What did you write for 'ATP is useful I'm biological processes explain why' ? :smile:

- Atp is soluble, so can be transported easily around cells/ organism.
- It releases energy in short bursts
- Cant be stored so lots of mitochondria in cells with high demand, to use when its needed.
- One step reaction, so quick release of energy.

What did people think of the reeds question in the gravel bed, where nitrogen-containing compounds get into cells?
Did nobody find the pigs over 35 degrees question mildly entertaining/pointless "pigs can't survive at more than 35 degrees, why did the scientists not test above this temperature" - i kinda put 'because they're not cruel bastards' in obviously more eloquent biological speak...
Reply 38
Original post by PumdogMillionaire

Original post by PumdogMillionaire
Did nobody find the pigs over 35 degrees question mildly entertaining/pointless &quot;pigs can't survive at more than 35 degrees, why did the scientists not test above this temperature&quot; - i kinda put 'because they're not cruel bastards' in obviously more eloquent biological speak...

Lmaooo, I wanted to put that but wrote that the measurements level off
Reply 39
Lmaooo, I wanted to put that but wrote that the measurements level off

me too lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending