The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Postgraduate Application 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for the info! I am very eager to go to Edinburgh. I fell in love with the city when I first visited at age 13. The university also has a great reputation and is an excellent school for my field.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
I got an offer for University of Edinburgh MSc Management too. Lawvictor, maybe u might want to email the recuitment manager straightaway
Original post by ctopher
I don't think you do for all courses. I applied for cog neuro and rang the office for another reason. The woman there told me that my application had been sent for consideration and I haven't paid any fee. Also, I can't find any reference to it on the Edinburgh website...

Haha I freaked out and emailed the admissions office... there's no fee for my program (from what I found online, there's only a fee for business programs)
Reply 43
Every little helps...!! What have you applied for?
If that was directed at me... I applied for MSc International Relations. Applied a few weeks ago, and I've already heard back from all the other unis, but I'm super anxious to hear back from Edinburgh since it's my first choice!
Reply 45
Hey satellite eyes I have accepted an offer from University of Edinburgh Business school not too long ago. I'm sure you will receive yours pretty soon. Keep checking the online portal. Are you an international student too?
There seems to be a lot of international students on here. I'm looking forward to being around a bunch of different people. The town I currently live in is severely lacking an international population. I hope we all hear good news soon!
Original post by desporamon
Hey satellite eyes I have accepted an offer from University of Edinburgh Business school not too long ago. I'm sure you will receive yours pretty soon. Keep checking the online portal. Are you an international student too?

How long did it take for you to hear from them? Yeah I'm checking EUCLID religiously! And yes I'm an international student, from Canada... I feel like there are more international than home students in the UK postgrad world haha. Where are you from?
Reply 48
My course is the LLM in Law with a view to covering International Commercial Arbitration.

Was going to apply to Leiden too, as I spent an erasmus year in the Netherlands, but Edinburgh I believe is a much better Uni and thus no real point.
Reply 49
Original post by satellite_eyes
How long did it take for you to hear from them? Yeah I'm checking EUCLID religiously! And yes I'm an international student, from Canada... I feel like there are more international than home students in the UK postgrad world haha. Where are you from?

Indeed, I do think there are more international than home students haha. I'm from Singapore but I am currently residing and studying in Newcastle Upon Tyne UK as I still have a few more months before I obtain my undergraduate degree.

I applied around 17th of December and only got an offer on the 6th of Feb. =D Don't worry, I'm sure you will get an offer pretty soon, after which, they will require you to make a deposit of 1500 pounds. I wanted to get things done and settled as fast as possible. I started looking for accommodation as soon as I accepted the offer, and have found a place to stay for next yr x
Reply 50
Indeed, I do think there are more international than home students haha. I'm from Singapore but I am currently residing and studying in Newcastle Upon Tyne UK as I still have a few more months before I obtain my undergraduate degree.

I applied around 17th of December and only got an offer on the 6th of Feb. =D Don't worry, I'm sure you will get an offer pretty soon, after which, they will require you to make a deposit of 1500 pounds. I wanted to get things done and settled as fast as possible. I started looking for accommodation as soon as I accepted the offer, and have found a place to stay for next yr x

Hey!, just wondering where did you find your accommodation for next year? I've been looking but can only find flats available now or the near future..
Reply 51
My bad. I think the 1500 pounds fee deposit might only apply to University of Edinburgh business school programmes x
Reply 52
Original post by ctopher
Hey!, just wondering where did you find your accommodation for next year? I've been looking but can only find flats available now or the near future..

Hi Ctopher, nice to meet you. Where are you from?! If u are looking to stay in private accomodation which I am, these are the few websites which might be helpful for you.

For me, having my own kitchen is quite important and I decided to rent a studio apartment. For these two links, electricity/gas and internet bills are included.

http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation-edinburgh?
http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/locations/edinburgh/james-craig-court-student-accommodation/

Alternatively, you can also go through housing agents to search for apartment. However, do take note that the rental for these accomodation do not include electricity/gas internet bills. I didn't have time to travel up to Edinburgh for house viewing even though I'm in Uk now haha x
Reply 53
Hi Ctopher, nice to meet you. Where are you from?! If u are looking to stay in private accomodation which I am, these are the few websites which might be helpful for you.

For me, having my own kitchen is quite important and I decided to rent a studio apartment. For these two links, electricity/gas and internet bills are included.

http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation-edinburgh?
http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/locations/edinburgh/james-craig-court-student-accommodation/

Alternatively, you can also go through housing agents to search for apartment. However, do take note that the rental for these accomodation do not include electricity/gas internet bills. I didn't have time to travel up to Edinburgh for house viewing even though I'm in Uk now haha x

Hi desporamon! Thanks so much for the reply. I live in Ireland at the moment so it's not too far, but far enough! I'm moving over with my partner so we'll have to try and find a one bedroom flat somewhere, don't think a studio would work for two people... haha
Reply 54
Original post by ctopher
Hi desporamon! Thanks so much for the reply. I live in Ireland at the moment so it's not too far, but far enough! I'm moving over with my partner so we'll have to try and find a one bedroom flat somewhere, don't think a studio would work for two people... haha

No prob man. I came across one more (one bedroom flat) which says it is suitable for couples, not sure if is suitable for you though. xx All bills covered

http://www.iq-student-accommodation.com/grove/rooms/one-bedroom-flat
Reply 55
No prob man. I came across one more (one bedroom flat) which says it is suitable for couples, not sure if is suitable for you though. xx All bills covered

http://www.iq-student-accommodation.com/grove/rooms/one-bedroom-flat

Oh yeah saw that place too. Lots to choose from now! Thank you so much!!!
My bad. I think the 1500 pounds fee deposit might only apply to University of Edinburgh business school programmes x

Whew freaked me out for a minute there! I was like where am I going to find 1500 GBP?!

It's pretty cool that there are so many international students. I hope I get an offer soon, this place just keeps sounding better and better.
Reply 57
I got an unconditional offer for MSc Finance and Investment for 2012/13 term.

For the accommodation, I think I will apply for the IQ. They have good studios and I want my own kitchen. Unfortunately, university flats are not very good for the postgraduates :frown:

Are there anyone for MSc Finance and Investment? (I think there are a couple of students for MSc Management :smile: )
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by enesaga
I got an unconditional offer for MSc Finance and Investment for 2012/13 term.

For the accommodation, I think I will apply for the IQ. They have good studios and I want my own kitchen. Unfortunately, university flats are not very good for the postgraduates :frown:

University flats are fine for postgraduates. If you want your own kitchen then I'd recommend finding a 1 bedroom flat - unless you enjoy throwing away fistfuls of cash (which is basically what iq are).
Reply 59
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
University flats are fine for postgraduates. If you want your own kitchen then I'd recommend finding a 1 bedroom flat - unless you enjoy throwing away fistfuls of cash (which is basically what iq are).

It is good to get an advice from an Edinburgh student, so thanks for the info, I will check that out :smile:

Quick Reply