The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Offer from Durham :biggrin:

...oh ****, allocated to John Snow, Stockton. :frown:
Original post by Madison.
I got an offer from LSE too :biggrin: I've no idea how, I even got a D in chemistry last year haha. I'm struggling between LSE and Durham, I'm actually torn...

P.S well done!!!

Hope to see you at Durham, which I chose over SOAS. Actually, I am still waiting for LSE, just because I'm curious if they send me an offer, but definitely not going there. Teaching is bad, they are well known only because of Malinowski. But he's dead for 70 years, so it doesn't matter anyways :smile:

A family friend of ours lectures anthro at Durham, so I go there like once a month to listen random lectures and I tell you, the professors are amazing.
Original post by bridgeboy7
Hope to see you at Durham, which I chose over SOAS. Actually, I am still waiting for LSE, just because I'm curious if they send me an offer, but definitely not going there. Teaching is bad, they are well known only because of Malinowski. But he's dead for 70 years, so it doesn't matter anyways :smile:

A family friend of ours lectures anthro at Durham, so I go there like once a month to listen random lectures and I tell you, the professors are amazing.

Oo what is their name if you don't mind saying?

As a first year who has just finished the year's lectures, I can confirm that the anth lectures here are indeed very good, sometimes brilliant. They got a lot better in the second term in my opinion, due to the way the content and lecturers change, but it's rare to have a bad one. A lot of the anth lecturers are really charismatic and genuinely passionate about their subjects, and it's great to be taught by people like that, it makes you more enthusiastic too. You guys have much to look forward to! :smile:
Offer from Bristol :smile:) Nothing else needs saying.
durham offer!! :smile: any other durham anth people going for the march open day/ got in to collingwood? :smile:
Original post by backonthemotorway
durham offer!! :smile: any other durham anth people going for the march open day/ got in to collingwood? :smile:

I'm going to the department open day on Wednesday 21st but I'm at St Chad's. :smile:
Reply 566
Got an A in my German resit - so definitely going to Goldsmiths next year! :smile:

Good luck to everyone else with offers and results in the summer!
Reply 567
Original post by backonthemotorway

Congrats :smile: I'll be there on the 19/20th, but at Hatfield.
Reply 568
Have replied to my offers :smile:
Firm - UCL
Insurance - Manchester

Anyone else replied yet?
Reply 569
Original post by takethyfacehence
I got an offer from Durham last year and it was my last one that I got, can't remember exactly when but it was sometime in March, not long before the offer holders open day. So best of luck anyways, you never know :smile:

Original post by Madison.
I'd started to panic a few days before my offer came through that I wouldn't have time to arrange travel etc for the open days if they gave me an offer. So I rang and the (very nice) admissions lady said that they might not have given out all of the offers in time for the open days. In which case an additional open day of sorts would be offered :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement :smile: but I got an offer from ucl today for arch and anth, which was my first choice; so i'm withdrawing from Durham and insuring with Bristol
Reply 570
Original post by cocci
Thanks for the encouragement :smile: but I got an offer from ucl today for arch and anth, which was my first choice; so i'm withdrawing from Durham and insuring with Bristol

After saying this it's a good job I gave them until Friday as I just received an offer from them today! Fairly shocked :eek: Now Durham for anth or UCL for arch and anth? . . .
Reply 571
Original post by cocci
After saying this it's a good job I gave them until Friday as I just received an offer from them today! Fairly shocked :eek: Now Durham for anth or UCL for arch and anth? . . .

Have you been to open days? There's a UCL one on Monday for Anthropology
Reply 572
Original post by flume
Have you been to open days? There's a UCL one on Monday for Anthropology

Yeah I went to an open day/ interview at UCL a few weeks ago, I really liked it but haven't been to Durham yet; so can't really compare at this stage.

Have you applied to Durham?
Reply 573
Original post by cocci
Yeah I went to an open day/ interview at UCL a few weeks ago, I really liked it but haven't been to Durham yet; so can't really compare at this stage.

Have you applied to Durham?

I did but I withdrew :smile: It was a bit too far for me and there didn't seem like much to do, but I've always wanted to live in a big city so I don't really know why I applied in the first place haha
Reply 574
Just wondering... Did anyone get a reply back from St. Andrews yet? It totally feels like they forgot about me.. =(
Reply 575
Anyone still waiting for LSE?
Reply 576
Original post by G.E
Anyone still waiting for LSE?

Moi :frown:
Reply 577
Original post by Chrsi
Moi :frown:

At least we can take comfort in the fact we shall know soon.

I have a creeping fear that I've waited all these months to receive a rejection on the UCAS deadline.

Good luck!
Reply 578
Original post by G.E
At least we can take comfort in the fact we shall know soon.

I have a creeping fear that I've waited all these months to receive a rejection on the UCAS deadline.

Good luck!

I applied end of November they're taking their sweet time!
Did you apply for BA?
Reply 579
Original post by Chrsi
I applied end of November they're taking their sweet time!
Did you apply for BA?

seems we're in the same boat, I applied for BA late November too.

Maybe we'll hear today, it's looking like a long awaited offer day :smile:

Where else have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest