The Student Room Group

Edexcel Examiners' Reports, January 2012 Session

I was wondering if anyone had access to the Jan 2012 set of Examiners' Reports for Edexcel GCE Maths? Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Have they even been released yet? Can't see them on Edexcel's website. I always thought they came out with the grade boundaries the day before results day.
According to Edexcel's schedule (http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/question-papers.aspx), the examiner reports will come out five days after results day. The date mark schemes out on TSR is the same date listed on that schedule - so I think it's accurate.
Reply 3
Thanks for the enlightenment!
Examiner reports are out.
Reply 5
Original post by snow leopard
Examiner reports are out.

Where can you get them from?
Reply 6
Wat is this all about ^^^^^^
are the grade boundaries out???
anyone get access to the biology reports? just curius
Reply 9
well i might be just being stupid but what are examiners reports? I just immediately thought mark schemes but by the looks of it they are different ...
Reply 10
Original post by JordanS94
well i might be just being stupid but what are examiners reports? I just immediately thought mark schemes but by the looks of it they are different ...

It's a document which goes through each question in a past exam and gives an analysis of how candidates did as a whole... for example, it could say:

Q5 a) Almost all candidates gained full marks on this question, where the majority gained at least 2 out of 3 of the marks available.

Often on lesser well-answered questions, it will give more of an analysis and will probably highlight subjects/ideas which many candidates got wrong.
Original post by adamjay
It's a document which goes through each question in a past exam and gives an analysis of how candidates did as a whole... for example, it could say:

Q5 a) Almost all candidates gained full marks on this question, where the majority gained at least 2 out of 3 of the marks available.

Often on lesser well-answered questions, it will give more of an analysis and will probably highlight subjects/ideas which many candidates got wrong.

oh I had a hunch that it might be like that, thank you for confirming my suspicions :smile:
Someone must have the examiners reports :frown:
Reply 13
Someone must have the examiners reports :frown:

I really want to see what they put regarding the ambiguous weather/hypothesis test question in the S2 paper.
Original post by Zhy
I really want to see what they put regarding the ambiguous weather/hypothesis test question in the S2 paper.

Was it ambiguous though? I didn't have any problem with it in the exam personally, I got that it was one tailed. I'm more interested in what they said about the definition of 'level of significance'. I lost a mark because I didn't put 'when H0 is true' at the end of mine :dry:
Reply 15
Was it ambiguous though? I didn't have any problem with it in the exam personally, I got that it was one tailed. I'm more interested in what they said about the definition of 'level of significance'. I lost a mark because I didn't put 'when H0 is true' at the end of mine :dry:

My teacher said it was ambiguous but I got that question right, too. There was a very similar question in a recent paper about a girl who was guessing answers to questions in a multiple-choice test, or something.
D: no-one ?

Quick Reply

Latest