The Student Room Group

Maths Unit 2 Edexcel Modular- June 13th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hey do u no the grade boundries for the maths foundation paper x
Reply 61
what about the foundation paper does anione know the grade boundries
Reply 62
The grade boundaries change each year. For the foundation exam in November it was:

/60
C - 42
D - 34
E - 26
F - 19
G -12
Reply 63
What was tHe answer to the perpendicular line question?
Reply 64
Original post by Berry14

No idea but I heard if you rearranged it you get 1 mark
Reply 65
Original post by Berry14

y=2x+1
Reply 66
What grades are all of you aiming for?
Reply 67
Original post by Aasimzz
What grades are all of you aiming for?

wanted an A* got a feeling I've only got an A though, overall I got 170/200 (ish!) what grade do you think that would be?
Reply 68
Are you talking about linear
Reply 69
Original post by Zozzy
wanted an A* got a feeling I've only got an A though, overall I got 170/200 (ish!) what grade do you think that would be?

Are you talking about linear paper
Reply 70
To be honest I kinda feel dissapointed. My teacher did not teach us about perpendicular and circle theorems. I new I couldve done it if he taught us!!
Reply 71
Original post by Aasimzz
Are you talking about linear paper

yeah I am
Reply 72
Original post by Zozzy
yeah I am

Well most of us did modular. But if you think you got 170 that could be an a*. But only if you did not make other mistakes. But sounds like an A* to me
My target is a B.
Reply 73
Ended up with y=-x+10 for the perpendicular question, apart from that I found the exam pretty easy.
Last question I got x-5/2x^2, surds i got 2root6 and recurring decimal as fraction I got 23/90.
Reply 74
Original post by dan18
Ended up with y=-x+10 for the perpendicular question, apart from that I found the exam pretty easy.
Last question I got x-5/2x^2, surds i got 2root6 and recurring decimal as fraction I got 23/90.

for the perpendicular i got y=-2x+13 ?! what was the question again? and i got the same as you for all the other questions
Reply 75
Original post by Berry14
for the perpendicular i got y=-2x+13 ?! what was the question again? and i got the same as you for all the other questions

Line has equation of 2y+x=5. What is perpendicular line that passes through point (3,7)
Reply 76
Original post by Aasimzz
To be honest I kinda feel dissapointed. My teacher did not teach us about perpendicular and circle theorems. I new I couldve done it if he taught us!!

Yes, that's really bad! what year are you in?
Reply 77
im really worried:/ im aiming for an A* but worked out the perpendicular one wrong. i rearranged it right though so how many marks have i lost there? what did you get for the speed question? I got something like 137.5
Reply 78
Original post by Berry14
im really worried:/ im aiming for an A* but worked out the perpendicular one wrong. i rearranged it right though so how many marks have i lost there? what did you get for the speed question? I got something like 137.5

I got 137.5 as well, you might get a mark or two for doing the right rearranging. It will probably be 54 for an A*
Reply 79
Original post by dan18

I got 137.5 as well, you might get a mark or two for doing the right rearranging. It will probably be 54 for an A*

Okay, good :smile: they did loads about percentages! :L for the electricity bill question did you only have to times the two numbers? i mean it was worth 4 marks!

Quick Reply

Latest