The Student Room Group

Unsure about uni work

I'm learning the analysis book by Mary hart. I'm finding that I understand all the theory and don't have any problem understanding the proofs for the most part but I'm finding some of the problems quite hard. Is this normal? I've never understood the material but been unable to answer questions on it so I'm unsure :frown:
Original post by Lukedavidhopkins1
I'm learning the analysis book by Mary hart. I'm finding that I understand all the theory and don't have any problem understanding the proofs for the most part but I'm finding some of the problems quite hard. Is this normal? I've never understood the material but been unable to answer questions on it so I'm unsure :frown:

maybe post some examples and explain what the problem is?
Reply 2
Original post by Lukedavidhopkins1

the thought of not being able to do a question immediately, while maybe alien at a-level, becomes more and more common the further you progress
Reply 3
Sounds pretty normal to me!
Sounds normal! They're not like A-level where you just apply methods so the extra thinking takes up all the time :smile:
Reply 5
At university and probably particularly with Analysis and with Groups the answers are actually quite simple but they need quite a bit of thought to work out exactly how to tackle them.

The crucial difference between a-level and degree courses s that a-level tend to walk you through the question whereas at university you are only given the first and last step and you have to fill in everything in-between.

Quick Reply

Latest