The Student Room Group

Men lying to girls to get in bed - why?

This is something that has been on my mind a fair bit. Just why is it viewed and portrayed in society that guys will lie to girls in order to impress them and therefore make them want to get into bed with them or love them? It seems to be depicted as something that "guys do" even though it isn't right.

This really pisses me off (and no I am not a girl in disguise) because it is completely immoral and exploitative of girls, and plus it wouldn't please a girl at all if a guy lied to her to get into bed with her and she knew it (at the time or eventually). Can't people ever do this without lying or making up crap just so that the girl will be more impressed? Why can't people just be more truthful and literal, it would just make the world a lot more straightforward as opposed to people distorting/denying the truth just to get what they want.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think the majority of younger women like to be in committed relationships whereas a large % of young guys are more keen on the sexual encounters rather than all the other stuff that comes with being with someone permanently (not ALL young guys, but more guys than girls shall we say) They therefore may find themselves pretending to want the relationship as much as the given girl in order to be satisfied sexually, only to then break the news that it's not for keeps.

It's not pleasant for the girl, but then I guess it can be difficult for guys too who feel 'horny' but not wanting full blown relationships.

I personally don't know of any girls who are the reverse of this, but I'm sure they do exist.
Some men are just that desperate to get into bed with a girl, they will do anything to get into bed with them. This includes lies. Sometimes girls make guys feel as if they don't like their actual personality, when a guy notices this he will create lies out of the blue to convince her to sleep with him.
Reply 3
I wouldn't worry, there's plenty of girls who lie to get their rocks off. Even playing field.
Yeah but OP society has brainwashed many guys into thinking that lying is the way forward.....for some it actually does seem to work. There are not a shortage of women who lie that they are famous, rich or otherwise who seem to get success with women...this in itself seems encourage such behaviour further.
Reply 5
sadly i let my previous bf sweet talk me into bed with him, worst mistake ever
Reply 6
i think girls who r stupid enough to fall for it deserve the loss of esteem that they get from being used by men. being a slut, is a choice

Edit: why all the Negs? Speaks volumes about how many sluts are on tsr
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
I guess a lot of girls like the idea that the guy could be a potential partner (though a lot aren't bothered), so guys know that if they say the right things that give them the impression that they would be, girls are going to fall for it.

Where I'm from, though, all you have to do is buy them a blue wkd and you're in.
Having to lie to get laid smacks of desperation to me. Rather just put in the work to become an attractive person in the first place, then reap the rewards later :h:
Reply 9
Original post by sloanegirl
i think girls who r stupid enough to fall for it deserve the loss of esteem that they get from being used by men. being a slut, is a choice.

you are a ****ing c***
Reply 10
Original post by OL1V3R
This is something that has been on my mind a fair bit. Just why is it viewed and portrayed in society that guys will lie to girls in order to impress them and therefore make them want to get into bed with them or love them? It seems to be depicted as something that "guys do" even though it isn't right.

This really pisses me off (and no I am not a girl in disguise) because it is completely immoral and exploitative of girls, and plus it wouldn't please a girl at all if a guy lied to her to get into bed with her and she knew it (at the time or eventually). Can't people ever do this without lying or making up crap just so that the girl will be more impressed? Why can't people just be more truthful and literal, it would just make the world a lot more straightforward as opposed to people distorting/denying the truth just to get what they want.

Point A: Girls do it too.

Point B: Not all guys/girls do it, and give people some credit - most people can see through lies, and if they can't they either want to be lied to or aren't wanting to see the lies.

Point C: Your most recent post says you're a virgin (not judging, however that does mean that), you don't have any experience in the matter so can't really cast any stones yet.

Don't get me wrong, I've never lied to try and bed a girl, but as said above, I know some guys who do it and I also know some girls who do it too, it is what it is. As long as no-one is lying to you - why are you bothered?
i think girls who r stupid enough to fall for it deserve the loss of esteem that they get from being used by men. being a slut, is a choice.

No just no..
Reply 12
Society is like a playground. You get kids who have to say they will be your best friend if you give them sweets. Some will fall for it, some won't. You can't judge people from that. Sure, some worry about not get laid and go to the extent of lying to get some. It's not the way forward. Honesty and being yourself is. And then if that's just who you are then feel bad for yourself, you jerk. But if that is all you ever see when you go around is people lying to get laid (yes, guys and girls...lets not be hard on the guys because girls do it too), then you haven't really been around much or enough, and you haven't met the genuinely good people out there. Some kids will play with you whether you have sweets or not. And I don't mean that in a sexual way either. It's one of those "if you feel great about you, others will see that, too" kind of thing. So yeah, not everyone is like that, and you don't have to be like that.
Original post by SOTC
you are a ****ing c***

Looks like someone is getting defensive. If you kept your legs closed, my comment wouldn't offend you.
Looks like someone is getting defensive. If you kept your legs closed, my comment wouldn't offend you.

...and 6 other people. Maybe we're just not complete psychos. I saw your post about having all your boyfriend's passwords and access to his emails/texts "in the interest of protecting your relationship" - just loosen up and you won't end up feeling that all guys are evil...
I will not loosen my legs, morals, or attitude. I have some class
Reply 16
Girls are complex characters, the truth isnt enough instead they prefer dïckwánks who sugar coat their words, sex them and leave them miserable(sometimes).

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 17
Original post by ken2
Girls are complex characters, the truth isnt enough instead they prefer dïckwánks who sugar coat their words, sex them and leave them miserable(sometimes).

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Ha agreed, my ex did that to me :'( didn't want the nice guy she wanted a pr**k.
Reply 18
Original post by OL1V3R

I agree, however some girls are just too much for us guys to understand. You think you find a nice girl who don't want all that crap; then the nice guys not enough.
Original post by snapper1
I think the majority of younger women like to be in committed relationships whereas a large % of young guys are more keen on the sexual encounters rather than all the other stuff that comes with being with someone permanently (not ALL young guys, but more guys than girls shall we say) They therefore may find themselves pretending to want the relationship as much as the given girl in order to be satisfied sexually, only to then break the news that it's not for keeps.

It's not pleasant for the girl, but then I guess it can be difficult for guys too who feel 'horny' but not wanting full blown relationships.

I personally don't know of any girls who are the reverse of this, but I'm sure they do exist.

You'll never/hardly find the female equivalent of this because most girls don't need to be in a committed relationship to get consistent regular sex.

Quick Reply

Latest