The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

it's that time again kids :smile: new thread :h:

may the posting begin!

------------------

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. The reasons for this policy are:
We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.
Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.
There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.
We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

the above I copied and pasted from the last thread, credit for it goes to Idle, one of the resident mods :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:woo: New thread :smile:

In reply to bytail, the reason I'm an idiot is I went cold turkey on my citalopram without consulting my GP. Now I feel awful.
Reply 2
Original post by d123

In reply to bytail, the reason I'm an idiot is I went cold turkey on my citalopram without consulting my GP. Now I feel awful.

:yep: turns out I must've been the first person to submit one!

:hugs: sorry to hear you aren't doing too well, you gonna try the meds again you think or ask the GP to change them?
Reply 3
500 new pages to spam the living daylights out of... :colone:

I'm only joking :h: Subbing though :yep:
Original post by d123

Ah, been there, done that :tongue: If you feel bad mood-wise then I guess they must have been working, right? If you feel physically unwell then just take a dose and you should feel better. I felt like **** when I went cold turkey the first time, but this time I've been fine.
I now have my CBT book. Now to somehow stop being too depressed and lazy to actually read it properly, lol.
Reply 6
lol! too funny (that u cba to read it!)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
New thread! :crazy:

Back from holiday - had a really good time, but simultaneously still had some pretty worrying thoughts, even when around my sister. :s-smilie: Getting a bit concerned about the way things are going, debating what I should say to my GP next week - could try and push for an appointment with the psychiatrist I was actually meant to be seeing, but then again I don't know that there's all that much they could do...

Got a whole ton of posts to wade through in the old thread, but thought I'd say hi before making the attempt. :hi:

Original post by Deyesy
500 new pages to spam the living daylights out of... :colone:

I'm only joking :h: Subbing though :yep:

:colone:

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I now have my CBT book. Now to somehow stop being too depressed and lazy to actually read it properly, lol.

How about setting yourself targets, like doing one chapter a week, or whatever seems doable. Might make it seem more manageable.
Original post by superwolf
How about setting yourself targets, like doing one chapter a week, or whatever seems doable. Might make it seem more manageable.

Yeah, I will try that, thanks :yy:. I read some bits earlier this morning, and it was OK. I just need to make sure I have a proper go at it in order to really benefit.

Nice to hear you enjoyed your holiday :smile:. Good luck with the GP :hugs:
Reply 9
Someone forgot to put the link to Number 8 on the Number 7 thread :tongue:

Anyway, I'm a bit pissed because a dream that was going to amazing ended before that :sad:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S
Woo new thread! :woo:

My sleep has gone to **** again. Wake up about 15 times during the night always from nightmares. Takes me ages to get back to sleep. :frown:
Reply 11
Posting to subscribe, sorry I've not posted much guys. I have been reading when I can. Things mood wise are stable atm.
Oooh shiny new thread :woo:
Finally got the english essay that I've been stressing over for two months done and sent off, only 7 more to do in four months, fun fun.
Hi everyone. Nice new thread. Hope everyone's doing ok.

I had another appointment with my GP on Thursday and she directed me to this resource on low self esteem:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/98780/0023944.pdf

The website has many more resources that look useful too:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2006/03/22091556/31

She can't do much more for me because I'm not home for long enough
I now have my CBT book.

Which one did you order? I'm looking to buy one as well, but there are so many to choose from!
Reply 15
Hello everyone, hope you're all well. I used to post in here but under a different username :ninja:

That's awesome, the first step was actually getting he book. Can I be nosey and ask which book it is?
Meh ><
Original post by rmhumphries
Meh ><

:console: Want to talk about it?
Original post by Sabertooth
:console: Want to talk about it?

Just been in a bad mood for the last few days, same today. Mood gets better as the afternoon goes on, but then gets worse in the evening again. Very much lacking motivation for almost everything.
Original post by rmhumphries
Just been in a bad mood for the last few days, same today. Mood gets better as the afternoon goes on, but then gets worse in the evening again. Very much lacking motivation for almost everything.

Is there anything that doesn't require much effort but still takes your mind off your mood? I dunno....drinking or playing a computer game or something maybe? Once you get started it might be easier to continue although I understand it can sometimes be very difficult to get started. :console: I've been watching cartoons online a lot recently - takes my mind off things and doesn't require much concentration to follow the plot, perhaps try that?