The Student Room Group

TSR Hindu Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
R there ne Hindu Punjabi's on TSR? I seem to be the only one in lesta...:frown: heehee
Reply 121
Anived
He's is the reincarnation of Vishnu but I see him as the most innocent as he is shown from when he was really little.

nooo.. I don't mean the deity. I mean the Hare Krishnas
Reply 122
Deeksha
R there ne Hindu Punjabi's on TSR? I seem to be the only one in lesta...:frown: heehee

theres "chaos king" who is a hindu punjabi too at brighton uni
Reply 123
HagerVor
nooo.. I don't mean the deity. I mean the Hare Krishnas

Ok, then other people should respond as I have the same trust upon both.
Hey, first time im posting in this society, so Hello to everybody! Let's revive this society yeh!!! Lol.

Hare Krsna's.. I see it more of a cult than anything else these days. anyone been to Watford Mandir? the people there are all white (no offence, but they don't even look respectable). It seems, becomin a Hare Krsna is a last option in life when all else fails. Sounds bad I know, but thats how i feel it's become now.

Hinduism has many faces, multiple beleifs, and so many ways/ideas to live life. How many people are veggie on this TSR society? and how many people choose to have vegetarian-only days of the week?

Its the Wedding season - would anyone want a white dude at Watford Mandir marrying you and your partner? seems tooo wierd to me.
besides, weddings are all about the food! heheheee...

anyways, any thoughts/ideas about what I've said is welcome.

Hitman.
Reply 125
:laugh:

Thats a more negative view than I was expecting. lol. :-)

I have to admit.. I do know some Hare Krishnas... and they are weirdos.. :rolleyes:
Reply 126
Deeksha

Punjabi's rock be they Hindu, Muslim or Sikh:biggrin:
Reply 127
the86hitman
Hey, first time im posting in this society, so Hello to everybody! Let's revive this society yeh!!! Lol.

Hiya, Welcome to the society.

the86hitman
Hare Krsna's.. I see it more of a cult than anything else these days. anyone been to Watford Mandir? the people there are all white (no offence, but they don't even look respectable). It seems, becomin a Hare Krsna is a last option in life when all else fails. Sounds bad I know, but thats how i feel it's become now.

You have your opinion but the Hare Krsna temple that I go to (Near Oxford Street) has many asian hindu's going too. On Janmashtami, there are many asian hindu's there too along with the white people and they worship Hare Krsna with respect.

the86hitman
Hinduism has many faces, multiple beleifs, and so many ways/ideas to live life. How many people are veggie on this TSR society? and how many people choose to have vegetarian-only days of the week?

I'm not a vegetarian but I have a vegeterian-only day on sunday as our family worship Goddess Durga who's special day is sunday.
Reply 128
I want the BJP to come into power so the muslims can stop getting a free ride. Its a common misinterpretation that Hindus dont convert. Krishna said that those that spread his word are close to him, hence why ISKCON tries to convert others. Sonia Ghandhi propagates islam and christianity. She gives crores to them so they can convert. It would be really great if Hindu supporters around india go round converting Christian and Muslim villages.

Theres a reason why one of our countires names is HINDUstan.
Reply 129
papad
I want the BJP to come into power so the muslims can stop getting a free ride. Its a common misinterpretation that Hindus dont convert. Krishna said that those that spread his word are close to him, hence why ISKCON tries to convert others. Sonia Ghandhi propagates islam and christianity. She gives crores to them so they can convert. It would be really great if Hindu supporters around india go round converting Christian and Muslim villages.

Theres a reason why one of our countires names is HINDUstan.

Im a Sikh and i dont like the fact that the BJP supports the RSS which sees Sikhs as Hindus but otherwise i do get what your saying since Christian missionaries are going around converting Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab in a range of immoral ways.
I don't think many people here truly understand ISKCON. The Hare Krishnas have invented a new religion and much of what they teach is completely against Hinduism. If anyone wants more elaboration, PM me.
Reply 131
SolInvictus
I don't think many people here truly understand ISKCON. The Hare Krishnas have invented a new religion and much of what they teach is completely against Hinduism. If anyone wants more elaboration, PM me.

What do you mean? Do you mean the teachings are against Hinduism or the people (who are in Hare Krishnas Religion) views are against Hinduism? :confused:
I've just been reading this page of the thread so don't know what the previous posts have been like. But from what I've read, alot of you need to actually know what your talking about before you make judgments.

Firstly, the 'Hare Krishnas' are not a cult. For those of you that didn't know, ISKCON or International Society for Krishna Consciousness is an organisation that has extracted true hindu religion from india and presented it to teh rest of the world so that others can experience it. The whole idea of religion is to teach you how to love god. Now that doesnt mean that because your anything other than asian, its 'weird' that you follow such a way of life. If anything, the non-asian hare krishnas are far better than many who are born as a hindu. The majority of people I know who are born as a hindu are far from religious, let alone following the principles of vedic life. For example, the majority of 'hindus' I know eat meat, drink, gamble etc.

@ the person who mentioned the Watford mandir - whats wrong with a white priest. Would you really want a priest whos not even a bonafide brhaman to marry you and your partner. I deff wouldn't - otherwise whats teh point, the ceremony is just a show.

@SolInvictus - yeah your right, people dont understand ISKCON very well...people like you. What do you mean they've invented their own religion. Whats different about it? All the teachings are based upon the Bhagvat Gita. Thats the only veda that was spoken by god himself. Other vedas have been written by Vyas-dev, and these are about god. The Bhagvat Gita has always been around. But due to the rise of irreligion, it was restated by Krishna approx 5000 years ago to Arjun. This knowledge has been passed down as it is, unchanged thus presenting the original message to us, that we can access today.

I'm sorry about sounding harsh but I'm just annoyed that people are making such judgements when they know very little about the organisation.
Reply 133
papad

What is the point? In the end, isn't the principles of every religion alike? There may be some differences but there are many similarities which must be seen too.
Reply 134
to be honest bhagvan is bhagvan, be its name Brahma or Allah or God or whatever

so long as you have faith does it really matter in which way you worship?
Reply 135
hi
I have just given a request to join
don't know how this works ?

can u help
Reply 136
Mugdha
hi
I have just given a request to join
don't know how this works ?

can u help

I have accepted you so you will have the Hindu Society Logo in your societies panel.
Reply 137
parag
to be honest bhagvan is bhagvan, be its name Brahma or Allah or God or whatever

so long as you have faith does it really matter in which way you worship?

Nope, It doesn't matter as long as the Bhagvan is worshiped with full dignity.
Reply 138
I got a question. I've read the Gita, being a Hindu, and when Arjun is having second thoughts about fighting, Krishna explains to him why his reservations are invalid. Krishna tells him once they are slain, it is not the end and that the souls can never die. I can understand this relatively comprehensibly, but sometimes I'm stuck when putting this into certain situations. For example, if someone murders someone else, is it really a bad thing, because 'they' aren't dead, just the body the soul was in. Any help?
Suave
I got a question. I've read the Gita, being a Hindu, and when Arjun is having second thoughts about fighting, Krishna explains to him why his reservations are invalid. Krishna tells him once they are slain, it is not the end and that the souls can never die. I can understand this relatively comprehensibly, but sometimes I'm stuck when putting this into certain situations. For example, if someone murders someone else, is it really a bad thing, because 'they' aren't dead, just the body the soul was in. Any help?

You must understand the purpose of Krishnas comments. He wa talking about the fight that occurs in the struggle between good and evil. He is telling Arjuna not to be fixated on the idea that he will kill them, becuase their souls will be liberated from the lives of evil that they lead.

Quick Reply