The Student Room Group

GOGSoc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Wolfson's right next to the centre for cancer research, though, isn't it?
Reply 61
Argh, damn, seems like I've lost my primary school reports. I so wanted to put them in my sig, since obviously people on TSR are dying to know that sort of thing. So now I can only document every single grade I got aged 10-19, but where's the fun in that?

Oh well, gives me something to be grumpy about.:mad:
why the hell am i not on the grumpy list?
Reply 63
The Boosh
why the hell am i not on the grumpy list?

This may be a bit obvious, but have you tried to join yet?
Reply 64
Boosh - need to join the soc.

Apologise about the stipend discussion appears that I was labouring under a misapprehension.

I'm still fighting the fight against the elitism crew, anyone care to join me? I'm at the moment being told by a sixth former that my opinions of graduate employers are ridiculous and that his are much more reasonable and based in reality. If only I could actually meet these people in person, it would be so much fun.

Nikk - Wolfson is very nice and modern (went to a symposium there a couple of years ago) I certainly liked it. I living with your lab mates is probably a very good idea as they are most likely to be your social network as well.
Reply 65
ChemistBoy
I'm still fighting the fight against the elitism crew, anyone care to join me? I'm at the moment being told by a sixth former that my opinions of graduate employers are ridiculous and that his are much more reasonable and based in reality. If only I could actually meet these people in person, it would be so much fun.

Convince them to go to Nottingham, then...:wink:
Reply 66
PQ
which thread?

Campus based versus non-campus based. I seem to be getting blamed for hijacking this thread when it wasn't me. I am on a one man mission to challenge anyone who puts these views down here though. :biggrin:

Convince them to go to Nottingham, then...:wink:

Why on earth would I want to do that? :eek::biggrin:
Reply 67
ChemistBoy
Why on earth would I want to do that? :eek::biggrin:

Wouldn't it be marvellous, though? Just imagine introducing yourself on the first day and then watching their jaws drop when you casually add "... oh, and some of you may know me as ChemistBoy - tough for you. I don't take kindly to stubborn league table worshippers who consider themselves experts on matters they know nothing about.":biggrin:
Reply 68
hobnob
Wouldn't it be marvellous, though? Just imagine introducing yourself on the first day and then watching their jaws drop when you casually add "... oh, and some of you may know me as ChemistBoy - tough for you. I don't take kindly to stubborn league table worshippers who consider themselves experts on matters they know nothing about.":biggrin:

To be honest though if these people are as arrogant in real life as they are on here I doubt it would even make a dent.
I didnt know I had to join.

Re: fight with A-level folk, I've been away for a few days and need to catch-up with the argument, get the pads and gum shield out and I'll be with you shortly!
i noticed!!!
I received a rep not so long back saying: "kerching - it's like the anti league table/snob tag team in here".
Reply 72
Whilst I have accepted you into the society, Boosh, I do not accept your reason. Clearly I am god and therefore you can't be.

I just get neg rep and snide comments. :frown:
Reply 73
PQ
that was me (and no I don't know why I wrote kerching at the start) :redface:

Were you listening to Mika?
ChemistBoy
Whilst I have accepted you into the society, Boosh, I do not accept your reason. Clearly I am god and therefore you can't be.

I just get neg rep and snide comments. :frown:

its about time! ill give you a positive rep for being so enthusiastic about smashing the dreams of alevel students.
PQ
that was me (and no I don't know why I wrote kerching at the start) :redface:

aaaaah, well then thank you PQ! the kerching made it extra special :smile:
Reply 76
The Boosh
its about time! ill give you a positive rep for being so enthusiastic about smashing the dreams of alevel students.

There is nothing like grinding peoples' dreams into dust to give one that warm fuzzy feeling.
Reply 77
The Boosh

its frustrating how a lot of people give neg rep for you disagreeing with them...fortunately they all seem to be of relatively low value.
Reply 78
bikerx23
its frustrating how a lot of people give neg rep for you disagreeing with them...fortunately they all seem to be of relatively low value.

Yeah, I know. Saying that there are plenty of times I should have been given neg rep and haven't.
Reply 79
The alba requests admission to the GOGSoc on the grounds of ageing of the soul, too much thesis still unwritten, and general all round grumpiness.

Latest