The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Cosmopolitan Manchester Halls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Clix
Hello!! I wrote a mail to the staff, complaining about the change of room, and they answered me in just 5 minutes saying that they have a double room for me (in their fist mail they told me they were completely full) :confused: Anyway, I hope problem solved, I´m in room 93A, anybody near?

cosmo can chat crap as wen i applied for my accommo they told me they was all full and i sed fine and ill go else where then they emailed me the next day saying they have 3 different rooms for me to chose from:s-smilie: AAAHHHHHHHH MOVING DAY 2MORROW :eek: yay:rolleyes:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 121
gvveeny
u just have to fone or email them so they have a rough idea of the numbers on different days:smile:

And im fresh meat on the block lol AKA first yr:rolleyes: im moving in 2morrow YAY :p: how about u Bibz??? which flat u in?

Ahh thats ok. Im fresh meat too lmao
Im moving in on the 9th so i have this week to sort everything out. U moving in tomorrow i take it?
Reply 122
heyy, I'm movin in on the 9th aswell, so r most people going tommorow? bein a first year i wasn't sure whether to go on the 3rd I thought i'd leave it a while for more people to get there.

So wat subjects are ppl takin/ already do?
Reply 123
What flat are you in?

I am going tomorrow.
Reply 124
Im in flat 133 how bout u?
Reply 125
kirstinx
You have to email them to tell them what time you will be arriving.

What flat are you in?

I'm in flat 77, how about you?
I'm planning on moving in tomorrow but I'm a bit concerned now coz I haven't rang them yet. I just assumed that it was fine for everyone to move in on the opening day. eeeek, I hope they let me now:s-smilie:
Reply 126
gvveeny
i had an email from them and it sed to contact them so i foned and told them i was gonna arrive on monday even tho they tried to make me cum later in da week:eek: and ive applied for over 10 jobs so fare on the net :biggrin: ohh y cant i b rich!:mad:

oh i foned up about the net prices and the woman told me that wen ya move in there r packs n things like that showing u all the deals but for the month it starts at £12.99 and its £144 for the yr:rolleyes:

Yeah same here, but no luck so far :-( I think the first thing I'm gonna do on Tuesday is job hunting!! Tis gonna be waaaay to difficult to live there for almost a month before the loans and stuff come through :frown:

Also, does anyone know how the whole Tv license thing works?? Like would you need a license per flat or would each room need an individual one??
Reply 127
Bibz
Ahh thats ok. Im fresh meat too lmao
Im moving in on the 9th so i have this week to sort everything out. U moving in tomorrow i take it?

yup im in 2moz i cant wait but i have a feeling ima forget sum fink at home i really need lol how cum u moving in on da 9th?
Reply 128
alicej
Yeah same here, but no luck so far :-( I think the first thing I'm gonna do on Tuesday is job hunting!! Tis gonna be waaaay to difficult to live there for almost a month before the loans and stuff come through :frown:

Also, does anyone know how the whole Tv license thing works?? Like would you need a license per flat or would each room need an individual one??

hey snap im job hunting on tuesday too and ive had no luk wiv da places on da net i fink im jinx :frown: i was woundering dat about da tv stuff as its pointless doing it each room but we shud get a pack wen we move in telling us about it :rolleyes:
Reply 129
oh and im doing fine art / print making wat about da rest ov u
Reply 130
gvveeny
yup im in 2moz i cant wait but i have a feeling ima forget sum fink at home i really need lol how cum u moving in on da 9th?

Because everyones moving in today lol Seems like less panic and stuff and it gives me chance get everything together. Oh and i have to do my last shift at work lol.
Reply 131
So I just moved in and... the place is a bomb site! LOL
Reply 132
gvveeny

I saw your key confirmation form thing and I was like :eek: shes from TSR :p:
Reply 133
Project
So I just moved in and... the place is a bomb site! LOL

I keep getting woken up at 8am every morning by the same builders mobile phone ringing.
Reply 134
:smile: hey! this is my frist comment here on student room!!

I am leaving my home country, japan, 2morrow and am moving into the cosmo on monday 10th. I will be a first year at Man uni:smile:
when I applied to the cosmo, they didnt have any more en-suit room left. so they only offered me a 2 people flat. well i didnt have any choice so I got a single room in 2 people flat. but i dont know who will be my flat mate. thats something i worry about.. hope someone nice :smile:

how is life in cosmo??? is it good? how can i get an internet connection at cosmo?

Yoko
Reply 135
Hello all!
I'm also arriving on Monday 10th, how is the hall? Since in the web there're not many photos, I'm a little nervous. Is it nice? Tell us your impressions!!
Reply 136
Yoko H
:smile: hey! this is my frist comment here on student room!!

I am leaving my home country, japan, 2morrow and am moving into the cosmo on monday 10th. I will be a first year at Man uni:smile:
when I applied to the cosmo, they didnt have any more en-suit room left. so they only offered me a 2 people flat. well i didnt have any choice so I got a single room in 2 people flat. but i dont know who will be my flat mate. thats something i worry about.. hope someone nice :smile:

how is life in cosmo??? is it good? how can i get an internet connection at cosmo?

Yoko

Whats your flat number?

You need an ethernet cable and you just plug it into your laptop and the wall.
Reply 137
Clix
Hello all!
I'm also arriving on Monday 10th, how is the hall? Since in the web there're not many photos, I'm a little nervous. Is it nice? Tell us your impressions!!

Its nice, my room is huge but everyone else in my flat has a smaller room, the bathrooms are tiny. There are still builders everywhere so its noisy during the day.
Reply 138
Ryt i love ,y flat apart from the bathroom makes me feel like im on a Aeroplane and they have onli just sorted out my intenet arrrggg:mad: ive been here since monday and had random ppl waking in2 my flat when eva they want just cuz they have have a key and im like the onli person in my flat as the girl hu has moved in stays in her room:frown: i havent even been 2 da pub yet :frown: oh and my flat changed wen i got here to 178E :s-smilie: ANDDD every bluddy morning im woken up wiv out fail at 8.00am by the builders wat is that about damit apart from all dat cosmo is really nice lol hows every 1 finding it?:s-smilie: :cool:
Reply 139
I thought those bathrooms were like aeroplanes too :p: They only sorted my internet out this morning too.

I am so bored though:p:

Quick Reply