The Student Room Group

The I Hate My Housemates MEGATHREAD

Scroll to see replies

Dr Zeuss™
They're definitely creepy. One of them is a pig's head lying on a table with a doctor cutting into it, another is a little girl holding a blood stained knife with the words born to kill written under it and another is a mutilated zombie dog eating someone.

:eek: :eek: thats quite warped not to mention scary!
my advice to you is get outta there quick!!!
Reply 81
My flatmates annoy me to hell. it was three girls and three guys. One of the guys I got on ok with with, but he moved out. Now we have another lass. They ALL stay in their rooms constantly, never come out. One of them has got to the point he walks around with headphones in. One, who I soke to loads online before we started, has spoken to me twice since we started. I can sometimes go 2 weeks without seeing her. One is a stuck up idiot who thinks he's god's gift. And the new girl hasn't really come out of her room much, despite me being as welcoming as I could. I see her boyfriend more than her. The other girl is ok, but again, she sits in her room all day. We have a nice chat every so often though.

Someone left me a nice present when I went back for the weekend last week after Christmas......3 inches of sick in the toilet that had been there so long it had encrusted itself to the sides......
Reply 82
That is absolutely foul
xxAlicexx
Hey, my situation is quite similar to yours. Mine are the most immature, annoying bunch of girls. I'm generally a quiet person but I've made various efforts to be nice to them but it doesn't have any effect. They never call me when they're going for dinner etc. and when they come home from clubbing at all hours of the morning run down the corridor screaming their heads off. I really like my room as it is ridiculously large compared to the others, but I really want to move to other halls in the New Year because I don't want to spend an extra 6 months living alongside these unbearable people.

That sounded exactly like my situation. Unfortunately, things got rather nasty and I had to move out but now I'm enjoying it at my new flat and my new flatmates are the nicest ever:yep:
Reply 84
How did you all end up with housemates not suited to your personalities? Are most of you referring to first year accomadation where it's pot luck who you have in your house and no choice is involved? If not, why did you choose to live with these people or why were you denied a choice?
Reply 85
Well I have no choice because i am not popular enough to be in a group.

Therefore my choice is limited to the adverts which are put up round campus - fortunately this year I was very lucky but god only knows where i will live next year. my current guess is the street
Reply 86
Two of mine have turned weird since I moved back in on Saturday - Apparently I've done something wrong towards one of them and they won't tell me even though I've said we should talk about it, because I'd really like to know and fix whatever it is I've done. I don't understand because I'm always nice to them.

They're also both ignoring me now and make a lot of noise at stupid o' clock in the morning - I've had to resort to ear plugs because they don't ever quieten down - even when asked to politely. They always say sorry, but that doesn't mean they stop carrying on and there's always the impression they don't really mean it.
Reply 87
I live with four other girls. Three of them I really get on with (as one is from my halls in first year, and the other is just lovely yet headstrong). But the other one? Ugh...

One girl (I'll call her C) is quite frankly, a nasty piece of work. Before Christmas my dad had a heart attack and I didnt spend any time in the house as I was going back and forward to home (from the Midlands to Newcastle). When I was there (maybe one day a week) I'd just do work in my room and generally panic :frown: But when we had our second house clean, this girl just exploded at me over the fact that I had a cup of hers in my room for a couple of days. That then escalated into the fact that I was a waste of space, never went to uni and then it turned into her yelling about me about how I was deliberately bailing on general tidying up as a house (when I actually wasnt there?!). She KNEW about the situation with my dad and also used that as a point, saying stuff like "oh well we ALL know he's going to pop it, isnt he?" and how ashamed he would be of a daughter like me.

She then blew up at another housemate. They had arranged as a house to go to a concert in Birmingham, but the girl I used to live with had a really bad panic attack and told everyone to go ahead. She did apologise for everyone a being little late and it seemed okay, until C decided the following week to just explode and have a go at her like she did to me and was so aggressive. This created an atmosphere in the house and my housemate did make several attempts to clear the air but C refused, leaving the room if she was there.

I know last year her dad passed away, but I don't think thats even an excuse to be such a **** to everyone in the house. Apart from the girl on her course, she is blatantly two-faced and has a nasty habit of making back-handed comments to everything you say. Our contract ends in July and to be honest I'm not sure how long I can last until I lose my temper with her.

Sorry, that turned into an essay but I needed that :o:
Vanilla
She KNEW about the situation with my dad and also used that as a point, saying stuff like "oh well we ALL know he's going to pop it, isnt he?" and how ashamed he would be of a daughter like me.

Woahhh. She sounds like a lovely person to live with. Good luck dealing with that until July! I feel for you!
Reply 89
satisverborum2003
That sounded exactly like my situation. Unfortunately, things got rather nasty and I had to move out but now I'm enjoying it at my new flat and my new flatmates are the nicest ever:yep:

You're really lucky. My hallmates did a really crappy job of welcoming a new neighbour. One of the first few mornings she was there, she asked a few of the girls to knock on her door when they were going to breakfast-but they didn't bother and went on without her. I've resorted to terminating my accommodation contract and will be moving back home next month. I'm not the most confident person in the world, but NEVER in my life have I found it this impossible to bond with people. I never anticipated university to be so cliquey.
Reply 90
My flatmates...wow..unbelievable! Everyone is nice people inall but some just don't show it in many ways at all. Let says..they pretend who they are..trying to be people that there are not to fit in..i suppose people got to try to fit in..but seriously...playing with amount of lies isn't a great solution.

They like to get all the fun they can have before they leave.. afterall they're here for one semester. So remember folk, never get involved in your flatmates! I talk with experience and do not want people to get burden with this.

One semester isn't enough to know the person and never will. Nor even the people you know for long time. I can talk a life story here but this is quick general summary.
After going through a stage where I thought I was quite lucky housemate wise, things have taken a dip again. I've been ill all week (still am - it won't go away no matter how many potions I take) and as such have been going to bed a little earlier (usually between 12am and 1.30am). Every night since Sunday, one of my flatmates has had friends over to watch zombie films, play on the X-Box and scream and yell as much as possible. It is driving me insane as I wouldn't be comfortable telling someone to shut up at the best of times but especially not if I am in my PJs and he has a room full of randomers. Usually they stop me going to sleep until they all leave at about 2.30am. Last night, I managed to get to sleep only to be woken up at 1.30am and then kept awake until gone 2am.

I just don't understand why they have suddenly started doing it. They used to do it on a Sunday night - they had this unofficial film club where they watched zombie stripper films (I don't even want to imagine lol) until the small hours and yelled and got drunk. That was bad but I could deal with it. But every night for a week is taking the micheal. I'm just glad I am home this weekend - maybe I will get some sleep now! :smile:
Goddammit I don't know how much more I can take. I'm living with two girls, who both seemto think I don't exist. Its their stupidity thats really grating me at the moment...a used sanitary towel in the kitchen bin (granted wrapped up but still...) does anyone think thats ever so gross? Its my last term of uni, I don't want to be this miserable dammit :frown:
Reply 93
affinity89
After going through a stage where I thought I was quite lucky housemate wise, things have taken a dip again. I've been ill all week (still am - it won't go away no matter how many potions I take) and as such have been going to bed a little earlier (usually between 12am and 1.30am). Every night since Sunday, one of my flatmates has had friends over to watch zombie films, play on the X-Box and scream and yell as much as possible. It is driving me insane as I wouldn't be comfortable telling someone to shut up at the best of times but especially not if I am in my PJs and he has a room full of randomers. Usually they stop me going to sleep until they all leave at about 2.30am. Last night, I managed to get to sleep only to be woken up at 1.30am and then kept awake until gone 2am.

I just don't understand why they have suddenly started doing it. They used to do it on a Sunday night - they had this unofficial film club where they watched zombie stripper films (I don't even want to imagine lol) until the small hours and yelled and got drunk. That was bad but I could deal with it. But every night for a week is taking the micheal. I'm just glad I am home this weekend - maybe I will get some sleep now! :smile:

Aaah, sounds similar to my own situation. Asking them to keep the noise down doesn't make any difference. As petty as it may sound, make as much noise as possible when your inconsiderate flatmates are planning on having a nice long lie-in. I turned my iTunes up to the top volume for about two hours one morning. Immature indeed, but that way they have no right to complain about you for making noise as they technically asked for it. :rolleyes:
Reply 94
I have a housemate who seems to be attempting to make my life a living hell, for apparently no reason whatsoever...I'm learning to love with it. xD
Ooh I'm so glad I found this thread! :biggrin:

I have a housemate who will leave takeaway containers in the lounge room for like a fortnight, walk past it everyday and not take notice to the fact that it's stinking the whole place up!

He finally got the hint this morning :wink: Also he's a bit of a chauvanist pig, but that's none of my business... until I'm trying to watch tv and he's got to say something irritating to us about which group of people he hates lately.
Reply 96
my horrific flatmate has taken it upon himself to create a "personal belongings" box for the kitchen, into which he puts all of our stuff that we leave in the kitchen. every time there's a few of us in there he takes it upon himself to announce that 'maybe we should think about taking our things out of the personal belongings box and back to our rooms!'. lol. he put a box of chocolate fingers in there today.
Reply 97
Since returning to our shared house and after living with each other for 3 years, my housemates have taken it upon themselves to ignore the very fact of my existence, this is all down to one person having the great misconception that they are the leader of the house and everyone else should do as she says! now going out my way to make things difficult for people is not in my nature, but it seems that just going about my own business has offended everyone! consequently i have been accused of making things difficult for everyone and creating a divide down the house! it is very frustrating as there is nothing different in my behaviour now than the past 3 years so why all of a sudden is there a problem with the way i conduct my business?!?!?!? They are also now going out of their way to be spiteful! instead of speaking to me they are leaving notes! it is madness! and all because i will NOT become a follow the pack conformer and go on, what they call, FAMILY outings! argh!!!
stressed09
Since returning to our shared house and after living with each other for 3 years, my housemates have taken it upon themselves to ignore the very fact of my existence, this is all down to one person having the great misconception that they are the leader of the house and everyone else should do as she says! now going out my way to make things difficult for people is not in my nature, but it seems that just going about my own business has offended everyone! consequently i have been accused of making things difficult for everyone and creating a divide down the house! it is very frustrating as there is nothing different in my behaviour now than the past 3 years so why all of a sudden is there a problem with the way i conduct my business?!?!?!? They are also now going out of their way to be spiteful! instead of speaking to me they are leaving notes! it is madness! and all because i will NOT become a follow the pack conformer and go on, what they call, FAMILY outings! argh!!!

Oh god, that sounds so similar to me! I'm living with 3 other girls who were in my halls last year. It started off fine, but then the 'leader' suddenly decided I was horrible and started ignoring me, and the others followed.
I'm not allowed to turn the heating off - ever. They always cook together and seem to expect me to clean up after the three of them.
Last Friday they actually stood outside my room singing 'We are family!' and they go on outings, go clubbing, go to the pub, all without even telling me they're leaving the house! I just go downstairs to get a drink and find the house totally empty.
Mine also leave notes - such as 'Don't turn off the heating', 'Wipe down the chopping board' (even though they never do).
And they set the smoke alarm off EVERY TIME THEY COOK, no joke. I've never set it off, so it's not exactly sensitive! They are awful cooks, burn everything and leave the pans out for days, ruining them. I have to hide my wok because I fear for its safety!
And they use my blender/juicer without asking, so I hid part of it to stop them.
OH, and my food has to be put up in a really high cupboard even though I'm 5'4 and one of them is 6'! And they steal all the freezer space. And they've never taken any glass to be recycled since September - they get through so many bottles a week, it's ridiculous. The garage is filled with glass bottles.

Wow. I needed that...
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with ****** housemates. Roll on June 30th when I can say goodbye to this house and goodbye to them!
One of my friends showed me a letter which was sent by Residences Manager to everybody in my friend's flat. Basically, some idiot had left eggs boiling on the hob in a suacepan, but the water had evaporated...so you imagine what happened next. The kitchen filled with smoke, presumably the whole halls were evacuated, and they were not allowed to use the kitchen again for a couple of days because of the smoke damage. Additonally, in the letter, it said that on the same cooker at the same time was a pan of cooking oil! I can only imagine what would have happened if that had caught fire. Just goes to show the kind of morons you can sometimes get. I mean, who leaves a pan of cooking oil simmering on the stove whilst they go back to their room and play on the PS3. :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest